Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EFL Podcast 16:19 - Oct 11 with 2922 viewsSuddenLad

BBM discusses our academy and the 'wonderkid' players coming through the ranks. Also a good interview with him and Tony Ellis.

https://www.efl.com/news/2019/october/officialeflpodcast-rochdale-and-their-wond

Who was the 14 year-old that we recently sold to Manchester United ??
[Post edited 11 Oct 2019 16:34]

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

EFL Podcast on 19:47 - Oct 11 with 2795 viewsCleedale

Ta for that Sudden...good interviews and great promo for The Dale from EFL's end.

Pity about the rain on the cricket square; guess the match could be off.
EFL Podcast on 13:18 - Oct 13 with 2317 viewsCleedale

Btw., has anyone any more info re-the 14 year-old sale to Man. U?

Thought this 'might' have been mentioned on the Official site but can't seem to find 'owt.

Are these type of details undisclosed because of age/confidentiality etc?
EFL Podcast on 13:25 - Oct 13 with 2306 viewstodmordendale

I may be wrong, but I didn’t think 14 year olds could be sold. It must be some other arrangement.
EFL Podcast on 16:15 - Oct 13 with 2156 viewsboromat

EFL Podcast on 13:25 - Oct 13 by todmordendale

I may be wrong, but I didn’t think 14 year olds could be sold. It must be some other arrangement.

Isn't it the standard 'compensation' type arrangement.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

EFL Podcast on 17:52 - Oct 13 with 2033 viewsCleedale

EFL Podcast on 16:15 - Oct 13 by boromat

Isn't it the standard 'compensation' type arrangement.

What does that mean boromat?

Only guessing, but because of age and 'perhaps' the uncertainty of guaranteeing progress to being the finished article at pro level, a buying club is allowed to offer a set amount to a maximum ceiling?

Very surprised we've not heard anything unless it's been missed. I know we've had one or two go before in similar sits.
EFL Podcast on 23:41 - Oct 13 with 1810 viewsShun

I finally got round to listening to this, what a fascinating listen! What was really interesting was Tony Ellis’ section at the end where he spoke about the different levels below the first team and how they’re all interconnected by excellent coaching. I suppose I see the first team as a tree and what’s made apparent in that interview is that there are countless roots branching off below the surface, each one playing their part, yet probably invisible to the average fan.

Also nice to hear a few names mentioned from the U16s who he’s excited about, and the U13s!
EFL Podcast on 14:30 - Oct 14 with 1499 viewsdingdangblue

EFL Podcast on 17:52 - Oct 13 by Cleedale

What does that mean boromat?

Only guessing, but because of age and 'perhaps' the uncertainty of guaranteeing progress to being the finished article at pro level, a buying club is allowed to offer a set amount to a maximum ceiling?

Very surprised we've not heard anything unless it's been missed. I know we've had one or two go before in similar sits.

I don't think there is a ceiling as such - if a buying want to offer more to get the player then its up to them I think. Liverpool paid QPR £600,000 plus add ons for a 15 year old Raheem Sterling. Wolves paid us £100,000 plus add ons for Connor Ronan when he was only 16.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

EFL Podcast on 15:09 - Oct 14 with 1462 views49thseason

The rumour on Saturday was £300k. I guess if true there might have been some competition for his signature or to be more accurate his parent's.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024