Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barton's got Gas 11:44 - Feb 22 with 2163 viewsJames1980

Joey Barton New Bristol Rover's gaffer

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Barton's got Gas on 11:54 - Feb 22 with 2128 viewsBrierls

An interesting appointment!

I can't decide if he did a good job at Fleetwood or not.
Barton's got Gas on 12:16 - Feb 22 with 2062 viewsDalenet

Interesting appointment. He appeared to know how to get the best out of the players (in the main) and the decline in results at Fleetwood since he left suggest he was the driving force.

Of course he had to cope with a controlling Chairman at Fleetwood. One that determined who he could sign and how the budget was spent. Barton claimed he wasn't told that the club was in a financial mess and had needed to take an emergency loan from the EFL of £850k and they were under embargo for transfers etc. He was also having to pay for things himself behind the scenes to cover training etc.

Mr Barton has always had a nasty streak, and it may be that he created a poor culture, but I do think the Chairman moved him on so that he could cut back on ambition and wrestle with the costs. Funny now how he is looking to use youth team members to sustain the club. Maybe Barton will have done his homework this time
Barton's got Gas on 12:35 - Feb 22 with 2016 viewsChaffRAFC

Don't care how poor our form or results are, I wouldn't want someone like Joey Barton in charge.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Barton's got Gas on 12:58 - Feb 22 with 1953 viewsAtThePeake

Barton's got Gas on 12:35 - Feb 22 by ChaffRAFC

Don't care how poor our form or results are, I wouldn't want someone like Joey Barton in charge.

That Boxing Day game last year. Ugh.

Tangled up in blue.

Barton's got Gas on 13:07 - Feb 22 with 1915 viewsfitzochris

Barton's got Gas on 12:16 - Feb 22 by Dalenet

Interesting appointment. He appeared to know how to get the best out of the players (in the main) and the decline in results at Fleetwood since he left suggest he was the driving force.

Of course he had to cope with a controlling Chairman at Fleetwood. One that determined who he could sign and how the budget was spent. Barton claimed he wasn't told that the club was in a financial mess and had needed to take an emergency loan from the EFL of £850k and they were under embargo for transfers etc. He was also having to pay for things himself behind the scenes to cover training etc.

Mr Barton has always had a nasty streak, and it may be that he created a poor culture, but I do think the Chairman moved him on so that he could cut back on ambition and wrestle with the costs. Funny now how he is looking to use youth team members to sustain the club. Maybe Barton will have done his homework this time

I believe the Bristol Rovers board are no less demanding and he may find himself under pressure very quickly if he doesn't hit the ground running.

I'm sure he has a lot of good qualities when it comes to his coaching, but behaviour, such as allegedly knocking out two of Daniel Stendel 's teeth, shows that trouble will continue to follow him about.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Barton's got Gas on 13:30 - Feb 22 with 1839 viewsoddjob007

I was listening to something with Danny Mills, who was Barton's team mate at City. Spoke extremely highly of him and really praised him.

However, the thing that really stuck out was when he said "he's got that fuse inside him and when it goes, it goes, and there's no coming back from that."

Doesn't feel like football management is the career for him!
Barton's got Gas on 13:48 - Feb 22 with 1792 viewsBrierls

Barton's got Gas on 12:16 - Feb 22 by Dalenet

He certainly got a tune out of Camps!

I'm not sure how much the budget has been cut; Grayson won't have been a cheap appointment.
Barton's got Gas on 21:17 - Feb 22 with 1477 viewsboromat

Barton's got Gas on 13:48 - Feb 22 by Brierls

He certainly got a tune out of Camps!

I'm not sure how much the budget has been cut; Grayson won't have been a cheap appointment.

Not sure about that Camps in his last season with us was played in his correct position and was involved in alot of goals and assists in a poor team. All Barton did was play him in his favoured position and put him in a better team.

Maybe I'm over simplifying but fook him

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Login to get fewer ads

Barton's got Gas on 22:51 - Feb 22 with 1408 viewsDySporting

Rovers fans definitely split on the appointment, mind you the city fans are moaning too
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024