Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coleman comments 20:20 - Jan 12 with 3210 views442Dale

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/football-coleman-rues-dales-cutting-edge-1853

" Medy Elito's winning goal in the third minute of stoppage-time gave Dagenham & Redbridge a 2-1 victory.
Andrew Tutte had put Dale in front in the 72nd minute before Abu Ogogo levelled three minutes later.
Coleman cut a frustrated figure after he presided over a third straight defeat.
He said: "It's a blow for us, of course. We'd worked on one or two things in training but unfortunately some of the players just didn't carry the necessary instructions out when it came to match day.
"That's been happening just a little too often lately and it's something we really need to try and drum into them.
"It's going to be a difficult run-in to the end of the season.
"Our fans have seen some decent stuff at times this season, but it's got to get better.
"Somehow we seemed to be missing that cutting edge and when you're in a situation such as ours we need to pick it up.
"There's been talk of a push for the play-offs but on this evidence we've got no chance."

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Coleman comments on 20:22 - Jan 12 with 2632 viewsmightydale

only colman himself was talking about playoffs

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Coleman comments on 20:23 - Jan 12 with 2617 viewsfitzochris

Deja vu all bar the last sentence.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Coleman comments on 20:23 - Jan 12 with 2614 viewsjudd

Talk of push for the play offs?

Only bury think they've won summat in fookin' October!

Poll: What is it to be then?

Coleman comments on 20:24 - Jan 12 with 2598 viewsSalwaDale

Coleman comments on 20:23 - Jan 12 by fitzochris

Deja vu all bar the last sentence.

Absolutely. Lays all the blame at the players not following his instructions but doesn't seem to do anything about it.

TBBT

Coleman comments on 20:26 - Jan 12 with 2572 views442Dale

Coleman comments on 20:24 - Jan 12 by SalwaDale

Absolutely. Lays all the blame at the players not following his instructions but doesn't seem to do anything about it.

Some of whom were meant to be out of work by the end of the week apparently.

Coleman comments on 20:28 - Jan 12 with 2536 viewsMoonyDale

Blaming the players for not following instructions is a cop out, change the playing staff then Coleman. Use the bench wisely for Christ's sake and start dropping players who don't stick to the plan rather than playing your mates week in week out..

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Coleman comments on 20:29 - Jan 12 with 2526 viewsColDale

if after the players didn't follow his instructions in the game following the Wimbledon debacle, then when will they?

This isn't an Eyre like situation where the players are being coached by someone used to highly skilled kids, it is someone who has spent many years coaching these same players.

Coleman has to question his own instructions.
Coleman comments on 20:31 - Jan 12 with 2502 views49thseason

I have said before on here, Liverpudlians always blame everyone else .. for everything!
The fact that they only worked on "one or two things in training" suggests either the man has no idea about the position he is in or the players are too thick to retain more than one piece of information at a time. (Or both!).
Login to get fewer ads

Coleman comments on 20:33 - Jan 12 with 2484 viewsClivert

I've not seen any 'decent stuff at times this season', perhaps I should start wasting more money going watching us away then?
Coleman comments on 20:34 - Jan 12 with 2473 viewsSalwaDale

Coleman comments on 20:33 - Jan 12 by Clivert

I've not seen any 'decent stuff at times this season', perhaps I should start wasting more money going watching us away then?

Did you miss the Cheltenham game?

TBBT

Coleman comments on 20:35 - Jan 12 with 2462 viewsjudd

Coleman comments on 20:33 - Jan 12 by Clivert

HOW CAN YOU DISMISS THE CHELTENHAM GAME SO SLIGHTLY, AND, ERM, THE OTHER HOME WIN. A BIT BACK, LIKE?

Soft lad.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Coleman comments on 20:37 - Jan 12 with 2438 viewsClivert

Coleman comments on 20:35 - Jan 12 by judd

HOW CAN YOU DISMISS THE CHELTENHAM GAME SO SLIGHTLY, AND, ERM, THE OTHER HOME WIN. A BIT BACK, LIKE?

Soft lad.

Coleman in.
Coleman comments on 20:50 - Jan 12 with 2371 viewsDaleFan7

Same old boring comments. They are his chums and his players, if he can't get them to play how he wants then god help us.
Coleman comments on 21:00 - Jan 12 with 2323 viewsFrog

If they're not carrying out his instructions, then he has a problem with respect, as they obviously think his tactics/ideas are wrong. If he can't stamp his authority on the players then he has failed, unless they are following his instructions and they are not working and he's looking to blame anybody but himself.
Coleman comments on 21:07 - Jan 12 with 2281 viewsTalkingSutty

Coleman comments on 21:00 - Jan 12 by Frog

If they're not carrying out his instructions, then he has a problem with respect, as they obviously think his tactics/ideas are wrong. If he can't stamp his authority on the players then he has failed, unless they are following his instructions and they are not working and he's looking to blame anybody but himself.

Familiarity breeds content. The players know Coleman and Bell so well they will know what he is going to say before he even opens his mouth.
They are all in the comfort zone and we are paying for it, just look at a couple of the players who warm the subs bench every week......Jobs for the boys !!
Coleman comments on 21:34 - Jan 12 with 2206 viewsblackedge

Easy to blame the players leadership starts at the top! yet another coleman excuse
Coleman comments on 22:10 - Jan 12 with 2144 views442Dale

It's such an average league that if we'd won 5, lost 5 in the last 10, instead of only winning 2, we'd be third.

Coleman comments on 22:56 - Jan 12 with 2035 viewsolympicdale

blah blah blah, same old.

Life is a game of fate.

Coleman comments on 10:29 - Jan 13 with 1888 viewsjudoka49

Coleman comments on 22:56 - Jan 12 by olympicdale

blah blah blah, same old.

It's typical of the man, hasn't got the balls to admit it's his fault, let's blame the players he brought in or the fans who want rid of him and his useless cronies. He has to go, and soon!!!
Coleman comments on 11:37 - Jan 15 with 1681 viewsSaxonDale

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/post-daggers-coleman-15.01.13-598573.a

Further comments, nothing particularly different from usual.
Coleman comments on 13:29 - Jan 15 with 1495 viewspaulscho

Coleman comments on 11:37 - Jan 15 by SaxonDale

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/post-daggers-coleman-15.01.13-598573.a

Further comments, nothing particularly different from usual.

All we do is dance around our handbags for a few more weeks ,the next few fixture`s will give up not many points .
The bottom of L2 is plenty closer than you actually realise ,most teams have games in hand ,Who will fear coming to Spotland ,simple answer "NOBODY"
Even the crap teams get a sniff of a victory and we crumble.
This appears to be a forum for talking between one and other ,but you go to the games and apparantly all is well, By the comments of the give Coleman time gang ...How much more time ,the end of the season ,fingers crossed we can hold on .I say this again Relegation is not out of the question under the present manager .

livinginadalewonderland

Coleman comments on 15:09 - Jan 15 with 1403 viewsBlueDutch

"I love my job, I love the club and I'll work my hardest to get it right - and I will get it right," Coleman told BBC Radio Manchester.
"We're on a meteoric slide at the moment and we've got to arrest that," added Coleman.
"The first thing we've got to do is stop conceding goals. Every week we concede a howler and we conceded another howler on Saturday.
"We work, we prepare and we do everything right. You can't legislate for the mistakes that we're making."

You have to legislate for every eventuality, but when you have no plan "b", then you aren't going to get it right ... ever. Not even eventually.
Mr Coleman, you are the weakest link ... goodbye!

upthedale.nl

Coleman comments on 16:48 - Jan 15 with 1333 viewsColDale

Coleman comments on 15:09 - Jan 15 by BlueDutch

"I love my job, I love the club and I'll work my hardest to get it right - and I will get it right," Coleman told BBC Radio Manchester.
"We're on a meteoric slide at the moment and we've got to arrest that," added Coleman.
"The first thing we've got to do is stop conceding goals. Every week we concede a howler and we conceded another howler on Saturday.
"We work, we prepare and we do everything right. You can't legislate for the mistakes that we're making."

You have to legislate for every eventuality, but when you have no plan "b", then you aren't going to get it right ... ever. Not even eventually.
Mr Coleman, you are the weakest link ... goodbye!

I'd say the reason we keep conceding howlers is because we are constantly inviting pressure on ourselves. We play football in our own half rather than the oppositions, and thats the reason that when we do score, they tend to be great goals. If we spent any lengthy amount of time in the opposition half, then we'd score the scruffy goals too. The natural ability of our strikers has inflated our league position.
Coleman comments on 19:51 - Jan 15 with 1238 viewsChaffRAFC

Away from home our system is ok, we've seen that from the results we've got but at home, the same system tends to invite pressure. I'm not picking on Cavanagh, it's purely because of the position he plays, he plays almost the entire game in his own half which means we struggle to get the ball forward as the lack of width means we pretty much have to play through the middle and that's why we rarely score tap ins and a lot of our goals are from distance. That's how I see it anyway. Without wanting to keep referring back to the Hill days, he did the same thing but with a bit more width when he had BBM playing the holding midfield role and we only really saw a big change in results when he took BBM out and put Matt Done in the hole behind the forwards. I reckon if you brought in a right winger, stick Grant out left and Gornell up front and put Grimes in that hole it might work better than it does now. There again I might be talking bo!!ocks.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Coleman comments on 20:04 - Jan 15 with 1220 viewsTVOS1907

Coleman comments on 19:51 - Jan 15 by ChaffRAFC

Away from home our system is ok, we've seen that from the results we've got but at home, the same system tends to invite pressure. I'm not picking on Cavanagh, it's purely because of the position he plays, he plays almost the entire game in his own half which means we struggle to get the ball forward as the lack of width means we pretty much have to play through the middle and that's why we rarely score tap ins and a lot of our goals are from distance. That's how I see it anyway. Without wanting to keep referring back to the Hill days, he did the same thing but with a bit more width when he had BBM playing the holding midfield role and we only really saw a big change in results when he took BBM out and put Matt Done in the hole behind the forwards. I reckon if you brought in a right winger, stick Grant out left and Gornell up front and put Grimes in that hole it might work better than it does now. There again I might be talking bo!!ocks.

Unfortunately our away system has produced four defeats in the last five on the road, so it's not working as well as it perhaps once was.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024