|Rochdale 1 v 1 Bristol Rovers|
SkyBet League One
Saturday, 31st October 2020 Kick-off 15:00
Stats Magic: Rochdale v Bristol Rovers
Friday, 30th Oct 2020 11:56 by TVOS
A new feature from TVOS sees us look at a variety of stats for different fixtures and we kick this feature off with Bristol Rovers ahead of this weekends game.
* Saturday will be the 36th league game between Dale and Bristol Rovers and the 19th at Spotland
* Dale have won seven of the previous 18 home fixtures, losing three times and drawing eight
* Our last home win over Bristol Rovers came in October 2017 when Matt Done scored the only goal of the game in the seventh minute
* Dale’s best win versus Rovers is 3-1, which they achieved at Spotland in October 1971 and February 2011
* Five of the eight home draws against The Gas have been 0-0
* With another four 0-0 draws at Bristol, that is by some distance the most common scoreline in games between the clubs
* The 18 league meetings at Spotland have averaged only 1.78 goals per game, the second-lowest ratio of teams we have played at least ten times (Bournemouth is the lowest on 1.76)
* Dale’s leading appearance-makers against Rovers are Ian Henderson, Gary Jones and Josh Lillis, with ten games each
* In the current squad, Matt Done and Jim McNulty (six each) have made most appearances for Dale against Bristol Rovers
* Dale’s top scorers against Bristol Rovers, with four goals apiece, are Tony Buck and Clive Platt
Rovers were 2-1 winners when they visited Spotland on the same weekend 12 months ago. Victor Adeboyejo and an Eoghan O’Connell own goal gave them a 2-0 lead inside 11 minutes, with Callum Camps pulling one back for Dale just before half-time.
See the action here:
Photo: Action Images
Please report offensive, libellous or inappropriate posts by using the links provided.
You need to login in order to post your comments
[ Vote here ]