|Rochdale v Chesterfield|
Saturday, 7th November 2020 Kick-off 15:00
Stats Magic: Rochdale v Stockport County (FA Cup)
Friday, 6th Nov 2020 11:54 by TVOS
* Saturday will be the third FA Cup tie between Dale and Stockport, but the first since 1945/46
* County were 2-0 winners in our first FA Cup meeting at Edgeley Park in November 1932
* The next FA Cup tie between the clubs was a two-legged first round affair in 1945/46. Billy Woods and Jack Brindle scored as Dale won 2-1 at Edgeley Park, with Joe Hargreaves netting in the 1-1 draw at Spotland in the return leg.
* Stockport are one of eight clubs that Dale have faced home and away in league football and all three cup competitions. The other seven clubs are Bradford City, bury, Carlisle United, Crewe Alexandra, Doncaster Rovers, Scunthorpe United and Tranmere Rovers.
* This will be the 123rd game between Dale and County in all competitions and the 62nd at Spotland
* Dale have won 26 of the previous 61 home games, losing 17 and drawing 18
* Our best home win versus Stockport is 4-0, which was achieved consecutively in 1964/65 and 1965/66
* Our best overall win against County is the famous 7-2 win at Edgeley Park in March 2007
* The most common scoreline in the previous 122 league and cup meetings with Stockport is 1-0. Dale have eleven 1-0 wins and ten 1-0 defeats.
* Dale and County have played 12 games against each other since their last draw. That occurred on Easter Monday 1990, when Wayne Goodison’s penalty for Dale was cancelled out by Dave Frain’s 89th minute equaliser for Stockport.
* Dale’s last two home wins over Stockport have both come in cup football, with a 2-1 Auto Windscreens Shield victory in January 1995 and a 3-1 LDV Vans Trophy success in October 2005.
Stockport were 2-1 winners when they were last at Spotland in senior action 13 years and one day before Saturday’s FA Cup tie. Liam Dickinson scored twice to give County a two-goal lead, before Adam Le Fondre halved Dale’s deficit from the penalty spot.
See the action here:
Photo: Action Images
Please report offensive, libellous or inappropriate posts by using the links provided.
You need to login in order to post your comments
[ Vote here ]