|Plymouth Argyle 0 v 4 Rochdale|
SkyBet League One
Tuesday, 1st December 2020 Kick-off 19:45
Stats Magic: Plymouth Argyle v Rochdale
Monday, 30th Nov 2020 19:00 by TVOS
TVOS gives us his stats from games against our next opponents, Plymouth Argyle.
* Tuesday will be the 33rd league game between Dale and Plymouth Argyle and the 17th at Home Park
* Dale have won three of the previous 16 away fixtures, losing nine times and drawing four
* Our last away win over The Pilgrims came in March 2011 when Gary Jones scored the only goal of the game four minutes into the second half
* Dale’s best win versus Argyle is 3-0, which they achieved at Spotland in January 2014
* Dale have never scored more than three goals in a game against Plymouth…
* … but Argyle have scored four, five (twice) and six goals in games versus Dale
* Older Dale fans will remember the match in which we conceded six goals, with Plymouth winning 6-0 at Spotland in February 1973
* Dale actually played The Pilgrims four times in 1973, losing all four games by a 3-17 aggregate
* Dale and Plymouth faced each other home and away in the final two fixtures of the 2000/01 campaign. Dale won 2-1 at Spotland on the Tuesday night, before a goalless draw at Home Park at the weekend denied Steve Parkin’s men a place in the play-offs.
* Dale’s leading appearance-maker against Argyle is Gary Jones, with ten games in his two spells at the club
* In the current squad, Matt Done (seven) has made most appearances for Dale against The Pilgrims
* Dale’s top scorers against Plymouth Argyle, with two goals apiece, are Dennis Butler, Paul Connor, David Cross, Matt Done, Gary Jones and Norman Whitehead
Dale suffered a 5-1 thrashing when they were last at Home Park in February 2019. Matt Done equalised for Dale early in the second half, before Ethan Ebanks-Landell’s red card started an almighty collapse that saw four goals conceded in the final 29 minutes.
Plymouth fans taunted the Dale players with “Can we play you every week?” as they left the field, but Argyle won only two of their remaining 12 fixtures and were relegated to League Two at the end of the season.
See the action here:
Photo: Action Images
Please report offensive, libellous or inappropriate posts by using the links provided.
You need to login in order to post your comments
[ Vote here ]