|Rochdale 1 v 4 Gillingham|
SkyBet League One
Saturday, 19th December 2020 Kick-off 13:00
Stats Magic: Rochdale vs Gillingham
Thursday, 17th Dec 2020 18:00 by TVOS
TVOS gives us the lowdown ahead of Saturday's home fixture versus Gillingham.
* Saturday will be the 45th league game between Dale and Gillingham and the 23rd at Spotland
* Dale have won 12 of the previous 22 home fixtures, losing three times and drawing seven
* Our last home win over Gillingham came in September 2018 when Ian Henderson’s solitary Dale hat-trick clinched a 3-0 victory
* Dale are unbeaten in their last eight home games versus The Gills, including the 0-0 draw in the first leg of the play-off semi-final in May 2009
* From March 2017 to September 2018, Dale defeated Gillingham three times at home by an aggregate score of 10-1
* Dale’s most common score against The Gills is 1-1, which has occurred eight times
* Dale’s best win versus Gillingham is 4-1, which they achieved at Spotland in March 2017
* Dale have lost five of their last six matches at Gillingham’s Priestfield Stadium
* The only league double in 22 seasons’ worth of meetings was achieved by Dale in 1993/94, winning 3-0 at home and 2-1 in Kent
* Dale’s leading appearance-maker against Gillingham is Ian Henderson, with 11 games in his seven years at the club
* Dale’s top scorers against The Gills, with seven goals, is also Ian Henderson
Dale and Gillingham drew 2-2 in an exciting fixture at Spotland at the end of January.
Ian Henderson’s penalty gave Dale the lead, only for Jordan Roberts to turn the game on its head with a brace for the visitors.
Stephen Dooley rifled home a fine rising drive for Dale’s equaliser and they should have been given the chance to score a winner from the spot when Aaron Wilbraham was blatantly pushed over in the area, but the referee inexplicably waved play on!
See the action here:
Photo: Action Images
Please report offensive, libellous or inappropriate posts by using the links provided.
You need to login in order to post your comments
[ Vote here ]