|Doncaster Rovers 1 v 0 Rochdale|
SkyBet League One
Tuesday, 19th January 2021 Kick-off 19:00
Stats Magic: Doncaster Rovers vs Rochdale
Monday, 18th Jan 2021 13:00 by TVOS
TVOS dives into his spreadsheets to bring us all of the stand-out stats ahead of Dale's Tuesday night trip to Doncaster Rovers.
* Tuesday will be the 107th league game between Dale and Doncaster Rovers and the 54th at Doncaster
* Forty-eight of the previous 53 away fixtures took place at Belle Vue, with five at the Keepmoat Stadium
* Dale have won eight of those 53 away fixtures, losing 34 times and drawing 11
* Our last league away win over Rovers came in November 2015 when Ian Henderson scored twice in the final six minutes in the 2-0 victory
* Our last win at Rovers in any competition came in the FA Cup in January 2018 when Calvin Andrew’s early header clinched a 1-0 triumph
* Dale’s best win versus Doncaster is 7-2, which they achieved at Spotland in November 1926
* Our best results away to Doncaster are 3-0 wins in September 1995 and November 1997
* Our 106 previous league fixtures versus Rovers have averaged 3.06 goals per game. Only matches against Wrexham (3.38) and Tranmere (3.36), out of those we have faced at least 100 times, have a higher average.
* Doncaster are one of eight clubs that Dale have faced home and away in league football and all three cup competitions. The other seven clubs are Bradford City, bury, Carlisle United, Crewe Alexandra, Scunthorpe United, Stockport County and Tranmere Rovers.
* The most common league result between Dale and Doncaster is 2-0. Dale have won by that scoreline nine times and Rovers 11 times.
* Doncaster have kept 24 clean sheets at home to Dale in league football, a figure bettered by only Darlington (26)
* Rovers have kept 32 clean sheets against Dale in home and away league fixtures. Only Lincoln, of the current league clubs, have kept more (35).
* A total of 495 Dale players have appeared for the club against Doncaster in league football, so we could pass the 500-mark in this game
* Ollie Rathbone became the 100th different Dale player to score against Rovers when he netted our equaliser there last February
* Dale’s leading appearance-makers against Doncaster are Ray Aspden and Stan Milburn, with 13 games apiece
* In the current squad, Matt Done (eight) has made most appearances for Dale versus Rovers
* Dale’s top scorer against Doncaster, with seven goals, is Billy Bertram
Ollie Rathbone strode through from midfield to strike a deserved 81st minute equaliser for Dale when they drew 1-1 at the Keepmoat Stadium last February.
Jon Taylor had given Rovers a first minute lead when a glanced a left-wing centre past Robert Sanchez.
See the action here:
Photo: Action Images
Please report offensive, libellous or inappropriate posts by using the links provided.
You need to login in order to post your comments
[ Vote here ]