|Rochdale 3 v 4 Oxford United|
SkyBet League One
Tuesday, 26th January 2021 Kick-off 19:00
Stats Magic: Rochdale v Oxford United
Monday, 25th Jan 2021 18:00 by TVOS
TVOS gives us the stats for this weeks home fixture against Oxford United.
* Tuesday will be the 29th league game between Dale and Oxford United and the 14th at Spotland
* Dale have won five of their previous 13 home fixtures versus Oxford, losing three times and drawing five
* Our last home win over United came in March 2014 when Scott Hogan’s hat-trick clinched a 3-0 win for Keith Hill’s men, who were well on their way to securing promotion from League Two
* We have since played United three times at home without success, nor have we managed a goal
* Including away meetings, Dale are winless in eight matches against The U’s
* Dale’s best win versus Oxford is 5-1, which they achieved at Spotland in April 2005, the third of three victories over United that season
* The most common scoreline in the previous 29 league and cup meetings with Oxford is 2-1. Dale have four 2-1 wins, while Oxford have two.
* One of those 2-1 Dale wins, in August 2001, was the first game played at Oxford’s Kassam Stadium
* Dale’s leading appearance-maker against United is Gareth Griffiths, with ten games
* In the current squad, Matt Done (8) has made most appearances for Dale against Oxford
* Dale’s top scorer against Oxford, with four goals, is Grant Holt
* Scott Hogan is our top league scorer versus United with three goals from his Spotland hat-trick in March 2014…
* But if Matty Lund can net on Tuesday night, he will draw level with Hogan’s three league goals against The U’s
Brian Barry-Murphy took charge of Dale for the second time when Oxford were last at Spotland in March 2019.
A fairly tame 0-0 draw followed, but BBM had stopped the rot somewhat with four points from his two games at the caretaker helm.
See the action here:
Photo: Action Images
Please report offensive, libellous or inappropriate posts by using the links provided.
You need to login in order to post your comments
[ Vote here ]