|Bristol Rovers 1 v 2 Rochdale|
SkyBet League One
Saturday, 30th January 2021 Kick-off 15:00
Stats Magic: Bristol Rovers v Rochdale
Friday, 29th Jan 2021 09:00 by TVOS
Dale travel to Bristol Rovers this weekend and ahead of that fixture, TVOS gives us a host of stats for matches between the two sides.
* Saturday will be the 37th league game between Dale and Bristol Rovers and the 18th in Bristol.
* Dale have won five of the previous 17 away fixtures, losing four times and drawing eight.
* Our last away win over Bristol Rovers came in our most recent visit there in April 2019, as described at the end of this article.
* Dale’s best win versus Rovers is 3-1, which they achieved at Spotland in October 1971 and February 2011.
* Four of the eight away draws against The Gas have been 0-0.
* With another five goalless draws at home to Rovers, 0-0 is the most common scoreline in games between the clubs.
* Dale’s maiden visit to the Memorial Stadium was in November 2001 and they remained unbeaten in their first seven league and cup games on that ground.
* Prior to that, we had played five times at Rovers’ former Eastville home, although we never won there.
* The five results at Eastville were a 5-2 defeat in 1971/72 and four draws - a 0-0, 1-1, 2-2 and 3-3, although annoyingly not in that order!
* Dale’s leading appearance-makers against Rovers are Ian Henderson, Gary Jones and Josh Lillis, with ten games each
* In the current squad, Matt Done and Jim McNulty (six each) have made most appearances for Dale against Bristol Rovers
* Dale’s top scorers against Bristol Rovers, with four goals apiece, are Tony Buck and Clive Platt
A late goal from Ethan Hamilton gave Dale a deserved 1-0 win at the Memorial Stadium on their last visit there on Easter Monday 2019.
Six points from the Easter fixtures meant Dale were now five points clear of the relegation zone, with two games to play.
See the action here:
Photo: Action Images
Please report offensive, libellous or inappropriate posts by using the links provided.
You need to login in order to post your comments
[ Vote here ]