|Rochdale 0 v 2 Charlton Athletic|
SkyBet League One
Saturday, 6th February 2021 Kick-off 15:00
Stats Magic: Rochdale v Charlton Athletic
Friday, 5th Feb 2021 15:00 by TVOS
Dale host Charlton Athletic this weekend and ahead of the game, TVOS gives us the stats we never knew we needed.
* Saturday will be the 16th league game between Dale and Charlton Athletic and the eighth at Spotland
* Dale have won three of their previous seven league fixtures at home to Athletic, losing twice and drawing twice
* Home and away, Dale have won three of their last seven meetings with The Addicks, all by the same 1-0 scoreline
* Dale’s best win versus Charlton is 2-0, which they achieved at Spotland in March 2011 thanks to goals from Jason Kennedy and Craig Dawson
* Athletic have won only one of their last five games at Spotland, a 3-2 victory in September 2011
* We have met Charlton four times in cup action, with Dale’s solitary win (1-0) coming in the third round of our run to the League Cup Final in 1961/62
* The other three cup meetings, all in the FA Cup, saw Charlton victories, most recently at The Valley in January 2005
* We have beaten Athletic five times in league and cup football, four of those victories finishing 1-0
* Dale’s leading appearance-makers against Charlton are Calvin Andrew, Callum Camps and Joe Thompson, with six games each
* In the current squad, Ollie Rathbone (5) has made most appearances for Dale against The Addicks
* Dale’s top scorers against Charlton, with two goals apiece, are Calvin Andrew and Kwadwo Baah. Andrew also has an own goal in this fixture!
A fourth minute Ian Henderson goal gave Dale a 1-0 win when Charlton were last at Spotland at the end of October 2018. Dale moved up to 14th place in the table in the process, three points and one place behind their opponents.
See the action here:
Photo: Action Images
Please report offensive, libellous or inappropriate posts by using the links provided.
You need to login in order to post your comments
[ Vote here ]