|Rochdale 0 v 0 Plymouth Argyle|
SkyBet League One
Saturday, 20th February 2021 Kick-off 15:00
Stats Magic: Rochdale v Plymouth Argyle
Friday, 19th Feb 2021 16:00 by TVOS
Dale are back at home this weekend with Plymouth Argyle the visitors. TVOS gives us the stats ahead of the fixture.
* Saturday will be the 34th league game between Dale and Plymouth Argyle and the 17th at Spotland
* Dale have won five of the previous 16 home fixtures, losing six times and drawing five
* Our last home win over The Pilgrims came in January 2014 when Jamie Allen, Ian Henderson and Michael Rose netted in the 3-0 victory
* That remains Dale’s best home win versus Argyle, but their best overall result against The Pilgrims was the 4-0 success at Home Park in December
* Dale have scored in each of their last seven home matches against Plymouth
* Argyle (25) have actually scored seven more goals at Spotland in this fixture than Dale have, although that was helped by their 6-0 win here in February 1973
* That was one of four games Dale played against The Pilgrims in 1973. Unfortunately, Plymouth won all four matches by a 17-3 aggregate!
* Dale and Plymouth faced each other home and away in the final two fixtures of the 2000/01 campaign. Steve Parkin’s men won 2-1 at Spotland on the Tuesday night, before a goalless draw at Home Park at the weekend denied Dale men a place in the play-offs.
* The following March, Argyle’s 3-1 win at Spotland clinched promotion for them from Division Three even though they still had six games to play
* Plymouth were the first ‘southern’ team to visit Spotland in league football after the formation of four new national divisions for season 1958/59. Argyle won 2-0 with goals inside the first 14 minutes in front of a crowd of 8,442.
* Dale will be going in search of only their second league double over Plymouth on Saturday. They last achieved it in 1969/70.
* Dale’s leading appearance-maker against Argyle is Gary Jones, with ten games in his two spells at the club
* In the current squad, Matt Done (8) has made most appearances for Dale against The Pilgrims
* Dale’s top scorers against Plymouth Argyle, with two goals apiece, are Dennis Butler, Paul Connor, David Cross, Matt Done, Gary Jones and Norman Whitehead
Plymouth were 2-1 winners when they last visited Spotland in December 2018.
Joel Grant’s 73rd minute opener was quickly cancelled out by Bradden Inman, before David Perkins capped a mad seven-minute spell with an own goal after Josh Lillis took an air shot at his back pass.
See the action here:
Photo: Action Images
Please report offensive, libellous or inappropriate posts by using the links provided.
You need to login in order to post your comments
[ Vote here ]