|Lincoln City 1 v 2 Rochdale|
SkyBet League One
Saturday, 13th March 2021 Kick-off 15:00
Stats Magic: Lincoln City v Rochdale
Friday, 12th Mar 2021 18:00 by TVOS
Dale travel to high-flying Lincoln City on Saturday and TVOS gives us the stats ahead of the fixture.
* Saturday will be the 111th league game between Dale and Lincoln City and the 55th at Sincil Bank.
* Dale have won 15 of the previous 54 away fixtures, losing 24 times and drawing 15.
* Our last away win over Lincoln City came in our most recent visit there in December 2009, as described at the foot of this feature.
* That victory was the only one Dale have achieved in their last nine games versus The Red Imps.
* From 1999/2000 to 2008/09, Dale visited Sincil Bank ten times and scored exactly once in each of nine of those games. The other match (in 2002/03) ended in a 2-0 defeat.
* From 1989/90 to 2005/06, Dale lost only twice in 16 league visits to Lincoln….
* … but, when Dale won on their last visit to Sincil Bank in December 2009, it ended a run of 11 games there without success…
* … which is mainly down to the fact that from 1999/2000 to 2005/06, Dale visited Lincoln seven times and six of those matches finished in 1-1 draws.
* Talking of draws, 18 of the 32 home and away stalemates between Dale and The Red Imps have been 1-1. This figure is only beaten by games against Halifax, which produced twenty 1-1 draws.
* Dale’s best win versus Lincoln is 7-3, which they achieved at Spotland on Christmas Day 1926.
* Dale’s best away win versus The Red Imps is 3-0, which was recorded on the final Saturday of 1991.
* The most common result in games between Dale and Lincoln is 2-0. Dale have ten wins by that scoreline, while The Red Imps have thirteen, including one at Spotland in December.
* Dale’s leading appearance-maker against City is Gary Jones, with 16 games in his two spells at the club.
* Dale’s top scorers against Lincoln, with seven goals apiece, are Steve Whitehall and Bert Whitehurst.
Dale came from behind to win their fifth consecutive league match when they were last at Sincil Bank in December 2009.
Goals from Chris O’Grady, Craig Dawson and Joe Thompson clinched the 3-1 success, which helped Dale move four points clear of Bournemouth at the top of the table.
See the action here:
Photo: Action Images
Please report offensive, libellous or inappropriate posts by using the links provided.
You need to login in order to post your comments
[ Vote here ]