|Portsmouth 2 v 1 Rochdale|
SkyBet League One
Friday, 2nd April 2021 Kick-off 15:00
Stats Magic: Portsmouth v Rochdale
Thursday, 1st Apr 2021 16:00 by TVOS
After a break without games, TVOS is back ahead of the Good Friday match away at Portsmouth to give you the stats from the fixture.
* Friday will be the 14th league game between Dale and Portsmouth and the seventh at Fratton Park
* Dale have yet to win away to Pompey, losing five and drawing one of their previous six games there
* That draw came in our first trip to Fratton Park in January 1979, Terry Owen scoring as the match finished 1-1
* Three of Dale’s five defeats at Portsmouth have been by a 3-0 scoreline…
* … both teams also have a 3-0 win at Spotland, making that the most common result [5 times] in our 13 league encounters
* Dale’s 3-0 home victory in March 2014 is our only success against Pompey
* Before the 0-0 draw with Portsmouth at Spotland in August, Dale had conceded 16 goals in their previous five league games against the men from Hampshire
* That 0-0 draw also ended Pompey’s scoring streak at Spotland after they had netted three in each of three consecutive league visits between April 2018 and November 2019
* Dale have only scored two goals at Fratton Park – Terry Owen in January 1979 and Aaron Wilbraham in April 2019
* Dale’s leading appearance-makers against Pompey are Matt Done and Ian Henderson, with nine games each
* Also in the current squad, Jim McNulty has made six appearances for Dale versus Portsmouth
* Dale’s top scorers against Pompey, with two goals apiece, are Ian Henderson and Aaron Wilbraham
Dale put on a decent performance when they were last at Fratton Park on the final Friday in February 2020, only for a poor Ian Henderson miss at 1-0 and two late goals to condemn them to a harsh 3-0 defeat.
The 141 Dale fans there that night were the last ones to see the team in action in an away match.
See the action here:
Photo: Action Images
Please report offensive, libellous or inappropriate posts by using the links provided.
You need to login in order to post your comments
[ Vote here ]