Stats Magic: Rochdale v Blackpool
Tuesday, 20th Apr 2021 12:00 by TVOS
TVOS brings us the stats ahead of our home game against Blackpool.
* Tuesday will be the 23rd league game between Dale and Blackpool and the 12th at Spotland
* Dale have won seven of the previous 11 home matches, losing once and drawing three times
* Our last home win over The Seasiders came on Boxing Day 2018 when Ollie Rathbone and Ian Henderson scored in the 2-1 victory
* Dale’s best home win over Blackpool was a 3-0 success in April 2016 in which Ashley Eastham, Joe Bunney and Nathaniel Mendez-Laing were on target
* Our only home defeat to Pool was a 2-1 loss on a Spotland mudbath on New Year’s Day 2018
* Despite their poor league record at Spotland, Blackpool won 1-0 when they made their first-ever visit in the League Cup in August 1979, clinching a 2-1 aggregate victory in the process
* The 22 league fixtures between Dale and Pool have featured four 0-0 draws (two per side) and four 1-0 wins (two per side)
* Those 22 league meetings have also averaged just 2.18 goals per game. Only matches versus Cardiff, of the teams we have faced at least 20 times, have a lower average (1.85).
* Dale’s leading appearance-makers against Blackpool are Mark Hilditch and Dave Thompson, with seven games each
* In the current squad, Ollie Rathbone (6) has made most appearances for Dale versus Pool
* Dale’s top scorer against Blackpool, with three goals, is Steve Whitehall
Blackpool were top of the league when they were last at Spotland in August 2019, but a game of few good chances ended in a goalless draw.
However, Pool almost snatched a late winner when a cross was left by the Dale defence and goalkeeper Robert Sanchez, only for the ball to hit the inside of the post before being cleared to safety.
See the action here:
Photo: Action Images
Please report offensive, libellous or inappropriate posts by using the links provided.
You need to login in order to post your comments
[ Vote here ]