Stats Magic: AFC Wimbledon v Rochdale
Monday, 26th Apr 2021 18:00 by TVOS
Ahead of the huge match against AFC Wimbledon, TVOS brings us the stats
All the stats below refer to games between Dale, Wimbledon FC and AFC Wimbledon.
* It will be our first visit to The Dons’ new Plough Lane stadium, meaning we have played them away at three different venues
* Dale have won two of the previous ten away fixtures, losing six times and drawing twice
* Our last away win over AFC Wimbledon came in February 2014 when Scott Hogan’s second half hat-trick clinched a 3-0 victory
* We have since played The Dons eight times home and away without winning. There have been four draws and four defeats, including the 1-0 loss at Spotland in November.
* Dale’s only other away victory over AFC Wimbledon came at Kingsmeadow in September 2012 when Dele Adebola and Bobby Grant scored in the 2-1 success.
* Dale played at the old Plough Lane five teams in league and cup football, losing the lot!
* Dale have conceded four injury-time goals to Wimbledon/AFC Wimbledon. The two at Plough Lane came at the end of heavy defeats, but the two at Spotland in February 2019 and last November earned wins for The Dons.
* Dale’s leading appearance-maker against AFC Wimbledon is Ian Henderson, with nine games
* In the current squad, Matt Done (7) has made most appearances for Dale against The Dons
* Dale’s top scorers against AFC Wimbledon, with three goals apiece, are Ian Henderson and Scott Hogan
Two second half Ian Henderson goals were only a consolation as Dale lost 3-2 when they last played AFC Wimbledon away in October 2019.
The Dons were without a win in their first 11 games of the season, but they were 3-0 up by the 28th minute against an injury-ravaged Dale side who had Calvin Andrew playing in central defence!
See the action here:
Photo: Action Images
Please report offensive, libellous or inappropriate posts by using the links provided.
You need to login in order to post your comments
[ Vote here ]