Stats Magic: Crewe Alexandra v Rochdale
Friday, 23rd Apr 2021 15:00 by TVOS
Ahead of this weekends game at Gresty Road, TVOS brings us all the stats for the fixture.
* Saturday will be the 120th league game between Dale and Crewe Alexandra and the 60th at Gresty Road
* This makes Crewe our most frequent opponents amongst the current Premier League and EFL clubs
* Dale have won 13 of the previous 59 away fixtures, losing 33 times and drawing 13
* Our last league away win over Crewe came in August 2014 when Matt Done’s fine hat-trick inspired Dale to a 5-2 victory
* That is Dale’s only win in their last seven league visits to Gresty Road
* Dale’s best win at Gresty Road is actually our best-ever result against Crewe - a 6-1 success in September 1956
* Dale travelled to Crewe on Friday 18th May 1979 needing a point to finish outside of the re-election zone, where they had been for the whole season. They went one better with a 2-1 win - Chris Jones and Mark Hilditch on target - giving Dale seven victories in their final eight games of the campaign.
* Dale (36) have kept twice as many clean sheets as Crewe (18) in the teams’ 119 league encounters.
* The most common result in games between Dale and The Railwaymen is 1-0. Dale have 15 wins by that scoreline, while Crewe have nine.
* Crewe are one of eight clubs that Dale have faced home and away in league football and all three cup competitions. The other seven clubs are Bradford City, bury, Carlisle United, Doncaster Rovers, Scunthorpe United, Stockport County and Tranmere Rovers.
* Dale’s leading appearance-maker against Crewe is Ray Aspden, with 13 games in the 1950s-1960s
* Dale’s top scorer against Alex, with five goals, is 1950s inside-forward Jack Haines
First half goals from Marcus Haber and Bradden Inman gave Crewe a 2-0 win over Dale when we were last at Gresty Road on a wet Saturday in early February 2016.
See the action here:
Photo: Action Images
Please report offensive, libellous or inappropriate posts by using the links provided.
You need to login in order to post your comments
[ Vote here ]