Stats Magic - Rochdale v Doncaster Rovers
Friday, 30th Apr 2021 18:00 by TVOS
Ahead of Rochdale's last home game of the season, and probably last in League One, TVOS brings us the stats for our home fixtures against Doncaster Rovers.
* Saturday will be the 108th league game between Dale and Doncaster Rovers and the 54th at Spotland
* Dale have won 26 of the previous 53 home fixtures, losing 17 times and drawing 10
* Our last league home win over Rovers came in September 2017 when Steven Davies and Mark Kitching both scored in injury-time as Dale came from behind to triumph 2-1
* That is Dale’s only home success in our last six Spotland league meetings with Rovers
* Dale’s best win versus Doncaster is 7-2, which they achieved at Spotland in November 1926
* Our previous 107 league fixtures versus Rovers have averaged 3.04 goals per game. Only matches against Wrexham (3.38) and Tranmere (3.36), out of those we have faced at least 100 times, have a higher average.
* Our previous 53 home league fixtures versus Rovers have averaged 3.23 goals per game. Only matches against Wrexham (3.57), out of those we have faced at least 50 times at Spotland, have a higher average.
* Doncaster are one of eight clubs that Dale have faced home and away in league football and all three cup competitions. The other seven clubs are Bradford City, bury, Carlisle United, Crewe Alexandra, Scunthorpe United, Stockport County and Tranmere Rovers.
* The most common league result between Dale and Doncaster is 2-0. Dale have won by that scoreline nine times and Rovers 11 times.
* Rovers have kept 33 clean sheets against Dale in home and away league fixtures. Only Lincoln, of the current league clubs, have kept more (35).
* One of Rovers’ clean sheets came at Spotland in September 1990, when they won 3-0. However, there shouldn’t have been a clean sheet, but Dale somehow contrived to have the same penalty saved THREE times by Doncaster ‘keeper Paul Crichton! Steve O’Shaughnessy (twice) and Wayne Goodison were the players who couldn’t take advantage of repeated retakes.
* In our visit to Doncaster in January, Dale passed 500 different players to have appeared against Rovers in league football.
* Ollie Rathbone became the 100th different Dale player to score against Rovers when he netted our equaliser at the Keepmoat Stadium in February 2020
* Dale’s leading appearance-makers against Doncaster are Ray Aspden and Stan Milburn, with 13 games apiece
* In the current squad, Matt Done (eight) has made most appearances for Dale versus Rovers
* Dale’s top scorer against Doncaster, with seven goals, is Billy Bertram
An injury-time header from Kieran Sadlier denied Dale victory when Doncaster were last at Spotland in August 2019.
Aaron Morley’s fortuitous effort gave Dale a 66th minute lead, before Sadlier struck to deny Dale two wins out of two at the start of last season.
See the action here:
Photo: Action Images
Please report offensive, libellous or inappropriate posts by using the links provided.
You need to login in order to post your comments
[ Vote here ]