Stats Magic - Milton Keynes v Rochdale
Saturday, 8th May 2021 15:00 by TVOS
Ahead of the final game of the season and our final game in League One, TVOS brings us the stats for fixtures between Milton Keynes and Dale.
* Sunday will be the 18th league game between Dale and MK and the ninth in Milton Keynes
* The first match between the clubs took place at the National Hockey Stadium, but the rest have been at Stadium:MK
* Dale have won one of the previous eight away fixtures, losing four times and drawing three
* That solitary away win came in January 2008 when Gary Jones scored the only goal of the game, shortly after Nathan Stanton had been sent-off and Sam Russell saved a Milton Keynes’ penalty
* That game is also the only time we have kept a clean sheet away to MK
* Dale’s first-ever meeting with MK in December 2006 saw the debut of Keith Hill as manager, albeit in a caretaker role
* Dale have lost seven points inside the last ten minutes of their eight away games versus MK
* The most common scoreline in this fixture is 2-1, with all three of them achieved by MK
* Dale’s leading appearance-makers against MK are Ian Henderson and Gary Jones, with seven games apiece
* In the current squad, Matt Done (6) has made most appearances for Dale against MK
* Dale’s top scorers against MK, with three goals each, are Ian Henderson and Adam Le Fondre
Rhys Healey’s 93rd minute penalty proved to be the match-winner when Dale were last at Stadium:MK in January 2020.
Ian Henderson had given Dale a 16th minute lead, before Carlton Morris levelled for MK early in the second half.
It looked as though Dale would hold out for a point, only for Healey to convert that late, late penalty after a foul on him by Jimmy Keohane.
See the action here:
Photo: Action Images
Please report offensive, libellous or inappropriate posts by using the links provided.
You need to login in order to post your comments
[ Vote here ]