Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wogan gone now 09:05 - Jan 31 with 4942 viewsrrrspricey

Is this the Chinese year of the reaper?
[Post edited 31 Jan 2016 9:13]
Woman gone now on 09:09 - Jan 31 with 4925 viewsblacky200

Wogan even. RIP Terry
Wogan gone now on 09:13 - Jan 31 with 4899 viewsrrrspricey

Feckin auto correct
Woman gone now on 09:16 - Jan 31 with 4878 viewsdistortR

Woman gone now on 09:09 - Jan 31 by blacky200

Wogan even. RIP Terry

That's a relief. Was just about to run up to the bedroom to check.

When i was a kid, mum used to have his show on on radio 2, then there was blankety blank and also his hosting of the eurovision thing.

I suppose so many celebrities are dying because we started creating so many.

Still, another part of my past gone. he always seemed very good natured.
Wogan gone now on 09:28 - Jan 31 with 4818 viewsRamseyR

His Janet & John stories could have me crying with laughter at times.

I remember sitting in the car on the M25 (stationary) and you could see people around you laughing at the same thing.

Seemed a decent fella
Wogan gone now on 09:44 - Jan 31 with 4751 viewsBlue_Castello

He was a pleasure to listen to on the radio, a very smart clever man who could ad-lib for fun.

Thanks for all the entertainment Terry......bless you.....RIP
Wogan gone now on 09:46 - Jan 31 with 4737 viewsflynnbo

Sad news indeed. RIP
Wogan gone now on 10:05 - Jan 31 with 4644 viewsHendonHoop

Very sad news. What a horrible year so far. RIP Sir Terry.
Wogan gone now on 10:19 - Jan 31 with 4570 viewsPommyhoop

Sad news . He seemed to be on the box every night when we were kids.
Remember he got on totp with that awful song

RIP Terry.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2016 10:23]

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Login to get fewer ads

Wogan gone now on 11:28 - Jan 31 with 4409 viewsbosh67

RIP. Great broadcaster. Worked with his son for a while. I almost feel like Alan Partridge has died. Ahhaaaa.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Wogan gone now on 12:05 - Jan 31 with 4309 viewsterryb

Wogan gone now on 09:28 - Jan 31 by RamseyR

I remember sitting in the car on the M25 (stationary) and you could see people around you laughing at the same thing.

Seemed a decent fella

I loved those as well!

I probably should have pulled over in the car while they were on!
Wogan gone now on 12:07 - Jan 31 with 4301 viewsDoughnut

This is getting outof hand.
R..blank...P Terry, A Grand fella!!
Wogan gone now on 12:33 - Jan 31 with 4249 viewsTheBlob

Wonderful grasp of dry and deadpan humour.
Is Mr. Death on commission or something?All the good ones going while scum and animals languishing fettered and alive at the taxpayers' expense.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Wogan gone now on 12:34 - Jan 31 with 4250 viewsDWQPR

Blankety Blank was one of the most basic, cheapest programmes that the BBC probably ever made, but Wogan with his driest of wit made it a programme where the tears would run down your face, your stomach would cramp up and you laughed for the whole 30 minutes. A real legend and by all accounts a real decent bloke.

RIP Sir Terry and thanks for the laughs

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Wogan gone now on 12:46 - Jan 31 with 4211 viewspaulparker

The thing that stands out to me is that he never had a bad word said against anyone
RIP

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Wogan gone now on 13:02 - Jan 31 with 4163 viewsstowmarketrange

Wogan gone now on 09:28 - Jan 31 by RamseyR

Seemed a decent fella

I used to hate seeing him on his nightly interview show on the telly,but his radio programmes were brilliant and very funny.The Janet and John stories were so hilarious.
RIP Terry.
Wogan gone now on 13:41 - Jan 31 with 4079 viewsBoston

Uh oh, today's phone call to my mother is going to be a miserable one!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Wogan gone now on 14:19 - Jan 31 with 4017 viewsMrSheen

What a shame. Always came over as a relaxed witty man.
Wogan gone now on 14:40 - Jan 31 with 3979 viewskingsburyR

Really sad about this one.

Def part of my memories growing up.

R.I.P Sir Terry

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Wogan gone now on 16:18 - Jan 31 with 3896 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Extraordinarily gifted presenter. Genuinely one of the greats in the industry.

I disagreed strongly at the time with his acceptance of a knighthood from Britain , which he accepted on the grounds that he was both British and Irish. He claimed this as he was born in 1938 when Ireland was still part of Britain. Most Irish, including myself, considered this nonsense as Ireland had declared its independence many times down the centuries and in the century he was born had done so in 1916, 1922 and again in 1937. He lost a lot of respect in Ireland for this stance as it was seen as disloyal and commercially expedient. To many, I'm afraid, he was simply a turncoat.

Recently I found myself listening again to him on Desert Island Discs and marveling how quickly we've all moved on from such extreme views. There's no doubt that his relationship with his home city and country was severely strained for a long, long time. I hope he found peace before he passed.

RIP. Ar dheis Dé.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2016 18:10]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Wogan gone now on 22:41 - Jan 31 with 3634 viewsToast_R

Wogan gone now on 16:18 - Jan 31 by BrianMcCarthy

I disagreed strongly at the time with his acceptance of a knighthood from Britain , which he accepted on the grounds that he was both British and Irish. He claimed this as he was born in 1938 when Ireland was still part of Britain. Most Irish, including myself, considered this nonsense as Ireland had declared its independence many times down the centuries and in the century he was born had done so in 1916, 1922 and again in 1937. He lost a lot of respect in Ireland for this stance as it was seen as disloyal and commercially expedient. To many, I'm afraid, he was simply a turncoat.

Recently I found myself listening again to him on Desert Island Discs and marveling how quickly we've all moved on from such extreme views. There's no doubt that his relationship with his home city and country was severely strained for a long, long time. I hope he found peace before he passed.

RIP. Ar dheis Dé.

I don't see why he needed to have let the politics of ancient history and that of a bygone era that not one living person in the world can be blamed for, get in the way of the honour he was bestowed, but that's just me.

Sir Terry was a good man and he will be genuinely sorely missed by many generations of people.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2016 23:04]
Wogan gone now on 23:16 - Jan 31 with 3581 viewsBoston

Wogan gone now on 16:18 - Jan 31 by BrianMcCarthy

RIP. Ar dheis Dé.

There's fellahs around your way still vandalizing the Michael Collins Memorial and he's been gone since 1922.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Wogan gone now on 23:22 - Jan 31 with 3556 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Wogan gone now on 23:16 - Jan 31 by Boston

There's fellahs around your way still vandalizing the Michael Collins Memorial and he's been gone since 1922.

There's some quare hawks around alright.

Wogan gone now on 11:19 - Feb 1 with 3420 viewsMrSheen

Wogan gone now on 23:22 - Jan 31 by BrianMcCarthy

There's some quare hawks around alright.

Not to mention cute hoors. Which is worse, by the way?
Wogan gone now on 11:47 - Feb 1 with 3377 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Wogan gone now on 11:19 - Feb 1 by MrSheen

Not to mention cute hoors. Which is worse, by the way?

A cute hoor would be a bit better than a quare hawk. Both are far better than a $hitehawk. A $hitehawk's the worst.

Wogan gone now on 11:49 - Feb 1 with 3367 viewsjamois

Wogan gone now on 11:47 - Feb 1 by BrianMcCarthy

A cute hoor would be a bit better than a quare hawk. Both are far better than a $hitehawk. A $hitehawk's the worst.

And stated with a strong Irish accent I would imagine considerably worse still

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024