Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What has happened to Southampton? 16:36 - Feb 22 with 2764 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The resurgent Hammers are beating them 3-1, whatever happened to their earlier form?
What has happened to Southampton? on 16:37 - Feb 22 with 2261 viewsLiam12345

change the question, what has happened to west ham?

Poll: Will we stay up? (if you think not why?)

What has happened to Southampton? on 16:52 - Feb 22 with 2196 viewsA_Fans_Dad

What has happened to Southampton? on 16:37 - Feb 22 by Liam12345

change the question, what has happened to west ham?

New players in January for one thing.
What has happened to Southampton? on 16:52 - Feb 22 with 2192 viewsmonmouth

We can catch Soton. We have a better team.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

What has happened to Southampton? on 17:09 - Feb 22 with 2114 viewsDaneloCruz

We're one of West Ham's victim on their fine roll, did we over react on our loss to West Ham?
What has happened to Southampton? on 17:10 - Feb 22 with 2105 viewsDr_Winston

What has happened to Southampton? on 17:09 - Feb 22 by DaneloCruz

We're one of West Ham's victim on their fine roll, did we over react on our loss to West Ham?

Nope.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

What has happened to Southampton? on 17:22 - Feb 22 with 2062 viewsLiam12345

we certainly set the ball running for them but their good run must come to an end

Poll: Will we stay up? (if you think not why?)

What has happened to Southampton? on 17:49 - Feb 22 with 2016 viewsexiledclaseboy

I don't think it's possible to overreact to a display as insipid and without any kind of merit as our's against West Ham.

Poll: Tory leader

What has happened to Southampton? on 17:58 - Feb 22 with 1993 viewsDewi1jack

Not at all.
Our abysmal display that day is what started their good run.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Login to get fewer ads

What has happened to Southampton? on 18:08 - Feb 22 with 1976 viewsunion_jack

Are you a Danish Laudrup sympathizer.

Better still, have you seen the performances since that game!

Compare and contrast.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

What has happened to Southampton? on 18:08 - Feb 22 with 1976 viewsC_jack

Southampton's season is over, similar to ours last year.

Modern players might not be the sharpest, but its hard to even motivate them to 100% when they know they're not playing for anything.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

What has happened to Southampton? on 19:40 - Feb 22 with 1901 viewsJJ08

And everyone on here was thinking they are a one player team and Carroll being sent off for those shocking theatrics of chico would be there demise!! How little some of our expert fans actually know about football.
What has happened to Southampton? on 19:42 - Feb 22 with 1887 viewshobo

Nothing's happened to them. It's their first league defeat since losing to Chelsea on January 1st.
What has happened to Southampton? on 00:19 - Feb 23 with 1772 viewsSpratty

What has happened to Southampton? on 17:49 - Feb 22 by exiledclaseboy

I don't think it's possible to overreact to a display as insipid and without any kind of merit as our's against West Ham.

Certainly the game against West Ham was uninspired. There seemed no leadership on the pitch and the players seemed lost. I remember at one point Ben looked up and saw us still cheering them on and he looked desperate and turned to the other players and started shouting at them to try and get something more out of them.

However the Hammers good run probably started on the match before ours where they held Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. Didn't they also have the most clean sheets of any club in the PL.

Also I remember us playing some lovely fast stuff e.g. man city away 1st Dec despite losing 3-0. Also City were pretty complimentary. Comment from a City fan on sky Sports match report (119 agreed 5 did not):

As a city fan I was really impressed by Swansea's performance today, best performance from an away team this season at the etihad in the epl. As for us business as usual. Nasri is just a completely new player.

Looking at the poll I saw below dated 22nd Dec well over 80% wanted Laudrup to stay next year. After that we ....
- Lost 1-0 to Chelsea away (though put quite a lot of late pressure on Chelsea and they were pretty nervy)
- Drew at Villa away - Lamah from Pab's cross in the 1st 1/2 and dominated the second half but could not get a winner
- Lost at home 2-3 to Man City - another pretty good game bony goals
- Won (historically) against Man United away (FA cup) - dominated possession
- Lost away to Man United but dominated possession again in 1st half Canas injured early on Januzaj did for us in 2nd half
- Lost at home to Spurs - by the start of this game 5 first choice players unavailable through injury and Shelvey limps off at the end of the game. But dominated early play, Bony hits crossbar and Shelvey has strong shot on target parried but only manage late Bony goal as spurs dominate most of the rest of the game.
- Win against Birmingham (FA Cup) - weak game - weakened team - but Bony brought on to win the match for us with 2 goals.
- Win against Fulham at home 2-0 JonJo and Chico deflections (Bony over, Chico off bar, JDG good shot saved)
- Then West Ham

The point is we were still playing some good stuff despite a run of punishing fixtures and lots of key injuries. Yes it wasn't pretty at times but compared to like teams points total from last year we were on an almost identical points.

So is it unreasonable to say that a resurgent West Ham proved our Nemisis.

Linked to the above poll this thread was pretty interesting.........
See more at: http://planetswans.fansnetwork.co.uk/forum/97518/page:1#sthash.r7c7ruC8.dpuf
What has happened to Southampton? on 00:22 - Feb 23 with 1765 viewsporschejack

Its the Laudrop factor .
What has happened to Southampton? on 00:26 - Feb 23 with 1763 viewsSwansNZ

What has happened to Southampton? on 19:40 - Feb 22 by JJ08

And everyone on here was thinking they are a one player team and Carroll being sent off for those shocking theatrics of chico would be there demise!! How little some of our expert fans actually know about football.

Not just "expert fans" here - Carroll not being suspended was also very important to west ham, else they would not have threatened legal action. As it turned out, they have done well without him. They have also had a run of "winnable" games, and fair play to them have done well in those.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

What has happened to Southampton? on 11:58 - Feb 23 with 1656 viewsJJ08

What has happened to Southampton? on 00:26 - Feb 23 by SwansNZ

Not just "expert fans" here - Carroll not being suspended was also very important to west ham, else they would not have threatened legal action. As it turned out, they have done well without him. They have also had a run of "winnable" games, and fair play to them have done well in those.

Is there such a thing as winnable games now...... West Ham was a winnable game and we lost. The scousers think today is a winnable game and will lose.
What has happened to Southampton? on 12:19 - Feb 23 with 1629 viewsjacksinceever

They were awful on the day. the fact that we were even worse and our improved performances since (not counting FA Cup game) show that yet again Huw called it right
What has happened to Southampton? on 12:19 - Feb 23 with 1629 viewstomdickharry

Run out of steam have Southampton,their fast pressing football will take its toll over a long season,that's what is happening.
What has happened to Southampton? on 21:18 - Feb 23 with 1572 viewsSwansNZ

What has happened to Southampton? on 11:58 - Feb 23 by JJ08

Is there such a thing as winnable games now...... West Ham was a winnable game and we lost. The scousers think today is a winnable game and will lose.

"The scousers think today is a winnable game and will lose." - I hope you did not put a bet on that, as well as your half-time "Shelvey to score next" bet

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

What has happened to Southampton? on 21:32 - Feb 23 with 1556 viewsScoobyWho

It was the most dispirited and hopeless performance from a Swans side in years. And rightly so the Dane was sacked.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

What has happened to Southampton? on 11:16 - Feb 24 with 1461 viewsJJ08

What has happened to Southampton? on 21:18 - Feb 23 by SwansNZ

"The scousers think today is a winnable game and will lose." - I hope you did not put a bet on that, as well as your half-time "Shelvey to score next" bet

At 2-0 they thought it was won, at 3-3 they were shiiting themselves. Yes I did back them and to be fair it could have gone either way. Not such a bad as it was as winnable for us as it was for them
What has happened to Southampton? on 12:12 - Feb 24 with 1400 viewsPlasticman

What has happened to Southampton? on 00:19 - Feb 23 by Spratty

Certainly the game against West Ham was uninspired. There seemed no leadership on the pitch and the players seemed lost. I remember at one point Ben looked up and saw us still cheering them on and he looked desperate and turned to the other players and started shouting at them to try and get something more out of them.

However the Hammers good run probably started on the match before ours where they held Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. Didn't they also have the most clean sheets of any club in the PL.

Also I remember us playing some lovely fast stuff e.g. man city away 1st Dec despite losing 3-0. Also City were pretty complimentary. Comment from a City fan on sky Sports match report (119 agreed 5 did not):

As a city fan I was really impressed by Swansea's performance today, best performance from an away team this season at the etihad in the epl. As for us business as usual. Nasri is just a completely new player.

Looking at the poll I saw below dated 22nd Dec well over 80% wanted Laudrup to stay next year. After that we ....
- Lost 1-0 to Chelsea away (though put quite a lot of late pressure on Chelsea and they were pretty nervy)
- Drew at Villa away - Lamah from Pab's cross in the 1st 1/2 and dominated the second half but could not get a winner
- Lost at home 2-3 to Man City - another pretty good game bony goals
- Won (historically) against Man United away (FA cup) - dominated possession
- Lost away to Man United but dominated possession again in 1st half Canas injured early on Januzaj did for us in 2nd half
- Lost at home to Spurs - by the start of this game 5 first choice players unavailable through injury and Shelvey limps off at the end of the game. But dominated early play, Bony hits crossbar and Shelvey has strong shot on target parried but only manage late Bony goal as spurs dominate most of the rest of the game.
- Win against Birmingham (FA Cup) - weak game - weakened team - but Bony brought on to win the match for us with 2 goals.
- Win against Fulham at home 2-0 JonJo and Chico deflections (Bony over, Chico off bar, JDG good shot saved)
- Then West Ham

The point is we were still playing some good stuff despite a run of punishing fixtures and lots of key injuries. Yes it wasn't pretty at times but compared to like teams points total from last year we were on an almost identical points.

So is it unreasonable to say that a resurgent West Ham proved our Nemisis.

Linked to the above poll this thread was pretty interesting.........
See more at: http://planetswans.fansnetwork.co.uk/forum/97518/page:1#sthash.r7c7ruC8.dpuf

You're talking to people that made up their mind, and no amount of facts will change it. They will keep making random excuses and imaginary things to make it seem for them that "it was the right thing".

With the results received before and after, I don't really see that there will be a diffreence in where the club lies at end of season. The difference will be in how the court dictates wether or not the club needs to pay up the contract money and which players will be attempted to be brought the club in the future (Emnes and N'gog compared to the likes of Pablo and Chico). Table wise there won't be a difference this season.

Plastic since 2012

What has happened to Southampton? on 12:40 - Feb 24 with 1376 viewsJackSomething

What has happened to Southampton? on 12:12 - Feb 24 by Plasticman

You're talking to people that made up their mind, and no amount of facts will change it. They will keep making random excuses and imaginary things to make it seem for them that "it was the right thing".

With the results received before and after, I don't really see that there will be a diffreence in where the club lies at end of season. The difference will be in how the court dictates wether or not the club needs to pay up the contract money and which players will be attempted to be brought the club in the future (Emnes and N'gog compared to the likes of Pablo and Chico). Table wise there won't be a difference this season.

How about the fact that we look a distinctly better team since Monk took over? If you can't see how much better we're playing, then it's you that's made up your mind.

Even Rodgers said that it was a much tougher game for them yesterday than it would have been a few weeks ago. That's as close to outright criticism of Laudrup as you're going to get from a fellow manager.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

What has happened to Southampton? on 14:35 - Feb 24 with 1303 viewsperchrockjack

who really givesashite about Laudrup who btw will be trying to make money out of us staying up. cheeky danishpasty

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

What has happened to Southampton? on 15:26 - Feb 24 with 1274 viewsSpratty

What has happened to Southampton? on 12:40 - Feb 24 by JackSomething

How about the fact that we look a distinctly better team since Monk took over? If you can't see how much better we're playing, then it's you that's made up your mind.

Even Rodgers said that it was a much tougher game for them yesterday than it would have been a few weeks ago. That's as close to outright criticism of Laudrup as you're going to get from a fellow manager.

Despite all the bull in the Evening Post later, in the initial Rodgers interview post Laudrup he expressed his surprise at the Laudrup sacking. He then said he was sure in time Monk would make a good manager. At the end of the interview he repeated that but left out the word good i.e. he was sure in time Monk would make a manager.

I am not saying how Brilliant or poor a manager Monk will make for as long as he has that role. And it would be wonderful if he is brilliant and has the role for years proving himself in setting up his own team when key players eventually leave. However I have been concerned at him getting involved in barely concealed jibes re Laudrup as it does us no favours and looks cheap. Pleased to see he just concentrated on the positives post Liverpool.

As far as Rodgers comment think he also took the credit by saying that Monk had got them back to playing Rodgers style. So manager bums up opposition to make victory look better and goals shipped less significant shocker plus any improvement is down to his philosophy anyway.

However I still have some concerns re the role of a few of the senior players in all this especially as Ash spoke of him Monk and Leon having built up the club and needing to save it. I would like to be assured that there was no underhand dealing / self interest especially as the leadership on the pitch has now improved dramatically.

I am also confused by an initial statement by Monk (pitchside). That Laudrup wouldn't have him as his deputy so.... (made me think so he got what he deserved was implied). Recently he said in a response to a question about him being Laudrup's number 2 that that was never going to happen (repeated it twice - seemed he was saying he would not be happy with it or it would not work) and then said he had heard nothing about that just been offered the job he has. He then seemed to backtrack and said if the boss (Huw ) had given him that position he obviously would have taken it. Seems funny if Huw was asking Laudrup to take Monk as his number 2 he had not checked if Monk was willing to take that role.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024