Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Traore 13:37 - Mar 6 with 2067 viewsNov77

Good interview.....

http://www.westlondonsport.com/features-comment/traore-turning-qpr-career-around

Can't fault his effort lately.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Traore on 14:36 - Mar 6 with 2006 viewsSpiritofGregory

Another reject from Arsenal. The guy is being paid a fortune, I'd like to think that putting effort into his performances would be a basic requirement. Why are we praising players for putting effort in?
Traore on 14:40 - Mar 6 with 1994 viewsNov77

Traore on 14:36 - Mar 6 by SpiritofGregory

Another reject from Arsenal. The guy is being paid a fortune, I'd like to think that putting effort into his performances would be a basic requirement. Why are we praising players for putting effort in?

It was all I found at the bottom of the barrel.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Traore on 15:01 - Mar 6 with 1958 viewsBklynRanger

I like that line where he says he'd feel a twinge in his hamstring and decide he was about to experience a grade 3 tear. It caused me to use my humour coping mechanism.

For the next step in Armand's rehab someone should dress up as a chimp on Saturday, invade the pitch and pin him to the ground. It would be therapeutic for all concerned.
Traore on 17:50 - Mar 6 with 1858 viewsrobith

As someone who suffers from anxiety disorder, I felt a lot of empathy. You're just constantly in a spin of panic, procrastination to avoid the situations that worry you (for me being on the phone is the big one), which put even more pressure on yourself so you panic again.

I've done loads of CBT which has really really helped. It's still tough to catch those thoughts when they first start and try and nip them down, but getting there. So good luck to Armand, and I hope his recent upturn in form continues
Traore on 18:08 - Mar 6 with 1838 viewsA40Bosh

Traore on 17:50 - Mar 6 by robith

As someone who suffers from anxiety disorder, I felt a lot of empathy. You're just constantly in a spin of panic, procrastination to avoid the situations that worry you (for me being on the phone is the big one), which put even more pressure on yourself so you panic again.

I've done loads of CBT which has really really helped. It's still tough to catch those thoughts when they first start and try and nip them down, but getting there. So good luck to Armand, and I hope his recent upturn in form continues

Robith,

My 15yr old has it REALLY bad at the moment and it is now taking more than CBT to help her to cope with life at this stage, so I kind of understand where you are coming from and really pleased to hear that you are finding CBT really helpful. It also gives us hope for our girl that eventually she will come through this and be able to cop more effectively with every day life.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Traore on 19:55 - Mar 6 with 1781 viewsDE79

Traore on 14:36 - Mar 6 by SpiritofGregory

I've no idea what he earns, but agree with SoG about effort being a basic requirement. However, I think he's been one of our better players this season (admittedly not saying much) and certainly a lot better for us at LM than LB. Also for me a better option than JH (or NK stuck out on the wing) most of the time. Personally, I was quite encouraged by this interview, especially as the biggest criticism of him seems to have been that he was lightweight and could only ever last 70 mins tops. A bit of self-awareness with regard to his previous fragility is quite refreshing.

Definitely the best crosser of the ball we have and not scared to take players on - I'm fairly sure in recent weeks I've seen him win a few headers and get stuck into a few tackles as well without being subbed off injured, which is at least an improvement on last season.
Traore on 20:14 - Mar 6 with 1742 viewsbishom

Good timing from Traore to discover the source of all those shite performances and constant injury problems just as his contract comes to it's end and he's looking from where his next fat payday is coming from!

Bishom

Traore on 20:16 - Mar 6 with 1734 viewsClive_Anderson

He's playing half decent at the moment, but over the course of his contract his doesn't deserve for it to be renewed.
Login to get fewer ads

Traore on 20:16 - Mar 6 with 1734 viewsBklynRanger

I must admit, for all my earlier japing I did download the audio book of this. I'm planning on wrestling the chimp while doing a couple of laps of the park.
Traore on 20:49 - Mar 6 with 1689 viewsted_hendrix

Traore on 20:16 - Mar 6 by BklynRanger

I must admit, for all my earlier japing I did download the audio book of this. I'm planning on wrestling the chimp while doing a couple of laps of the park.

I adopted a Male chimp called Helen from Bristol zoo.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Traore on 21:01 - Mar 6 with 1656 viewsBklynRanger

Traore on 20:49 - Mar 6 by ted_hendrix

I adopted a Male chimp called Helen from Bristol zoo.

I know Ted - doing very well for himself, just had a baby. An amazing story really.
Traore on 17:10 - Mar 7 with 1518 viewsA40Bosh

Traore on 20:14 - Mar 6 by bishom

Good timing from Traore to discover the source of all those shite performances and constant injury problems just as his contract comes to it's end and he's looking from where his next fat payday is coming from!

Bishom,

It's very easy to be cynical and to sneer at what may just be the timing of Dave Mac's interview and therefore a genuine conversation with a player about his genuine personal issues, because lots of people on here actually do prefer to think that players earning big bucks who are underperforming are only doing so because they can't be arsed, they are lazy and spoilt and think they are big time Charlies. It gives them something extra to moan about on top of a run of bad results. which is another thing that I feel that fans on forums get off on, pulling one off over another bad result to moan about with one hand whilst ranting on here about a loss or draw.

I have watched my previously bright, highly intelligent confident A* student 13yr old eldest girl morph into a 15yr old emotional and physical wreck who at the moment is just starting on the path of SSRI medication to complement the last 2mths of CBT counseling which wont cut it alone, because the Chimp in her head that appeared back when she was being bullied in primary school has taken over her head so much that she cannot even sit in a classroom, undertake any work, go out with her friends, does not sleep at all and is laid low with migraines for days on end. Half of this is because the Chimp has told her that she is not good enough and going to fail at everything even when the evidence should tell her that she is one of the best there is.

So Traore gets paid £XX,000 per week, and we expect because of that he should be able to keep the Chimp quiet and under control, just the same as Samba Diakite should have done, when some on here were calling him bonkers.

I think it takes a brave person to come out and say what Traore has said, because mental illness is still a taboo subject in society in a lot of ways because lots of people just think it is people being loonies. Probably why my eldest insists we tell her classmates that it is glandular fever that has been keeping her off school.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Traore on 17:28 - Mar 7 with 1499 viewsHunterhoop

Traore on 17:10 - Mar 7 by A40Bosh

Bishom,

It's very easy to be cynical and to sneer at what may just be the timing of Dave Mac's interview and therefore a genuine conversation with a player about his genuine personal issues, because lots of people on here actually do prefer to think that players earning big bucks who are underperforming are only doing so because they can't be arsed, they are lazy and spoilt and think they are big time Charlies. It gives them something extra to moan about on top of a run of bad results. which is another thing that I feel that fans on forums get off on, pulling one off over another bad result to moan about with one hand whilst ranting on here about a loss or draw.

I have watched my previously bright, highly intelligent confident A* student 13yr old eldest girl morph into a 15yr old emotional and physical wreck who at the moment is just starting on the path of SSRI medication to complement the last 2mths of CBT counseling which wont cut it alone, because the Chimp in her head that appeared back when she was being bullied in primary school has taken over her head so much that she cannot even sit in a classroom, undertake any work, go out with her friends, does not sleep at all and is laid low with migraines for days on end. Half of this is because the Chimp has told her that she is not good enough and going to fail at everything even when the evidence should tell her that she is one of the best there is.

So Traore gets paid £XX,000 per week, and we expect because of that he should be able to keep the Chimp quiet and under control, just the same as Samba Diakite should have done, when some on here were calling him bonkers.

I think it takes a brave person to come out and say what Traore has said, because mental illness is still a taboo subject in society in a lot of ways because lots of people just think it is people being loonies. Probably why my eldest insists we tell her classmates that it is glandular fever that has been keeping her off school.

Great post.

Wish you and your daughter all the best, A40Bosh.

Can't be easy. She sounds like a very promising, capable girl.
Traore on 00:50 - Mar 8 with 1401 viewsSydneyRs

Traore on 17:10 - Mar 7 by A40Bosh

Bishom,

Very well said. I have an 18 year old nephew with a very similar story, highly intelligent but unable to cope due to anxiety and depression issues. I have also known others who have struggled with these issues.

It really is frightening what this stuff does to people. I'm just thankful it has never happened to me. To a degree I think the increased presence of this in society is down to the selfish greedy world we have created for ourselves. That said this problem is very big, getting bigger and very real. It's about time uninformed fools stopped laughing about it. It may well be you or someone close to you one day. Then you might finally understand.

As has already been said Traore is very brave to speak openly about this. More should follow because one thing is for certain he is far from alone in the game, or in society.
Traore on 02:25 - Mar 8 with 1379 viewsballbag

Long live Asurbanipal! Our very own (left) Winged Bull!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024