Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your Post-Match Forest comments 16:36 - Aug 9 with 2889 viewsAVFTT

Post here please!
Your Post-Match Forest comments on 16:52 - Aug 9 with 2876 viewsbfc1974

How can we be expected to field the strongest team when there is a ..'clerical error' in registering players. As many as 3 players sat in stand that had not been registered.

Oyston out!

Illegitimi non Carborundum
Poll: Season tickets: Which did you buy? [if at all]

Your Post-Match Forest comments on 16:54 - Aug 9 with 2874 viewsThe_Ghost

Your Post-Match Forest comments on 16:52 - Aug 9 by bfc1974

How can we be expected to field the strongest team when there is a ..'clerical error' in registering players. As many as 3 players sat in stand that had not been registered.

Oyston out!

These next two games are our pre-season.

What a godawful mess we are in. 2-0 is better than I expected though.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2014 17:11]
Your Post-Match Forest comments on 17:04 - Aug 9 with 2842 viewsstu

Given we were 2 0 down after 30 mins, a match everyone expected us to lose by a cricket score we didnt do too bad.

Tangerine is the new black

Your Post-Match Forest comments on 17:37 - Aug 9 with 2760 viewsSince1967

I just hope someone in the media is sufficiently tenacious to get to the bottom of this fiasco
Your Post-Match Forest comments on 17:40 - Aug 9 with 2751 viewsbfc1974

Your Post-Match Forest comments on 17:04 - Aug 9 by stu

Given we were 2 0 down after 30 mins, a match everyone expected us to lose by a cricket score we didnt do too bad.

Would echo the last two posts. Started well but the lack of playing together showed. Much of the traffic came through midfield and down our right to mcmahon. Perkins spent most of the game atleft back. At times seemed like 5 across the back. Man of match for me Perkins as we was all over the park.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Illegitimi non Carborundum
Poll: Season tickets: Which did you buy? [if at all]

Your Post-Match Forest comments on 18:11 - Aug 9 with 2679 viewshindu_seasider

A good result for Oyston
Your Post-Match Forest comments on 18:29 - Aug 9 with 2645 viewsscratchingshed

Your Post-Match Forest comments on 18:11 - Aug 9 by hindu_seasider

A good result for Oyston

Totally shambolic in having just 15 players available for this game, I can understand international clearance not coming through for the foreign players but not to have it for miller is just laughable.

The new club secretary should be sacked right now for incompetence.
Your Post-Match Forest comments on 18:47 - Aug 9 with 2594 viewsspider29

Your Post-Match Forest comments on 18:29 - Aug 9 by scratchingshed

Totally shambolic in having just 15 players available for this game, I can understand international clearance not coming through for the foreign players but not to have it for miller is just laughable.

The new club secretary should be sacked right now for incompetence.

At the end of the day you ..
Have got to laugh orther wise youd..
Be straight of north pier...
A championship team run like a sunday..
Morning sunday alliance team...
Than goodness we have a good manager...
Login to get fewer ads

Your Post-Match Forest comments on 19:05 - Aug 9 with 2571 viewsLaytonRob

Highlight sitting behind a whole bunch of new players and getting José Miguel CUBERO's autograph on programme, other than that we had a brief decent spell in the second half but never really troubled the Forrest keeper. Not all doom and gloom but a lot of work to be done. Felt weird not knowing half of the team and didn't know who the sub was when he came on.
Hopefully onwards and upwards, Forrest were a decent side and we can only get better.
Your Post-Match Forest comments on 20:51 - Aug 9 with 2424 viewsWizaard

Just when you think the club can't go any lower, we find the players we have had not been registered. Unbelievable.

The very least we deserve is a full and frank apology through all media channels, although I'm not sure sacking is the way forward as somehave said.

Anyway, on to the game. Given the limitations self imposed, I thought we aquitted ourselves quite well. Defence looked solid throughout with Clarke and Daniels striking up a decent partnership and looking fairly untroubled. Forest had some success out wide, playing in behind Macca and Perkins fairly regularly but with no real end product.

Individually the midfield looked ok, but very similar so we didn't really have anyone to close them down. For me, both goals were because the midfield allowed free shots from distance.

Del ran around a lot but nothing really stuck so we were unable to build any forward momentum.

Having said that, we missed a sitter of a free header early on. Their two quick goals could have seen us collapse but we didn't and I thought Forest faded fitness wise while we maintained a level.

All in all, a not unexpected defeat, but there were signs that we can improve, if only by getting our better players registered. We played some decent stuff at times, and we can build on this, as Riga alluded to both on Thursday and again in his post match interview.

Even the Forest fan on 5Live thought we showed glimmers.

Keep the faith.

UTMP
Your Post-Match Forest comments on 20:57 - Aug 9 with 2412 viewsBedfordseasider

Your Post-Match Forest comments on 20:51 - Aug 9 by Wizaard

Just when you think the club can't go any lower, we find the players we have had not been registered. Unbelievable.

The very least we deserve is a full and frank apology through all media channels, although I'm not sure sacking is the way forward as somehave said.

Anyway, on to the game. Given the limitations self imposed, I thought we aquitted ourselves quite well. Defence looked solid throughout with Clarke and Daniels striking up a decent partnership and looking fairly untroubled. Forest had some success out wide, playing in behind Macca and Perkins fairly regularly but with no real end product.

Individually the midfield looked ok, but very similar so we didn't really have anyone to close them down. For me, both goals were because the midfield allowed free shots from distance.

Del ran around a lot but nothing really stuck so we were unable to build any forward momentum.

Having said that, we missed a sitter of a free header early on. Their two quick goals could have seen us collapse but we didn't and I thought Forest faded fitness wise while we maintained a level.

All in all, a not unexpected defeat, but there were signs that we can improve, if only by getting our better players registered. We played some decent stuff at times, and we can build on this, as Riga alluded to both on Thursday and again in his post match interview.

Even the Forest fan on 5Live thought we showed glimmers.

Keep the faith.

UTMP

Just got home & I tend to agree with others .

On the whole the performance whilst lacking any real goal threat was encouraging . When we had possession we played some nice football but ultimately lost the ball too cheaply too often A few players playing out of position didn't help . I thought Perkins did extremely well considering he was playing at Left back but I thought the big forward No.20 was poor and immobile . We had no width going forward what so ever .
Who was the sub that came on ?
Your Post-Match Forest comments on 21:03 - Aug 9 with 2405 viewsstu

Telford

Thanks for that Wiz Beds

Your Post-Match Forest comments on 21:04 - Aug 9 with 2404 viewsOrmegod

Dominic Telford.Never heard of the lad tbh

"Managing a league club is like making love to a mermaid, you should be aiming for a top half finish"

Your Post-Match Forest comments on 21:05 - Aug 9 with 2401 viewsBedfordseasider

Your Post-Match Forest comments on 21:04 - Aug 9 by Ormegod

Dominic Telford.Never heard of the lad tbh

Also Good to see the whole team come across & applaud the fans enthusiastically
Your Post-Match Forest comments on 21:08 - Aug 9 with 2398 viewsstu

Did they, lets hope it the start of good things to come.

Your Post-Match Forest comments on 21:26 - Aug 9 with 2377 viewsWizaard

Dominic Telford was one of the youth players on the bench for a game under Ferguson.

His Mum was sat near us and was welling up when he came on. When YS went to watch the youth team at Garforth last season he looked a real player.
Your Post-Match Forest comments on 21:45 - Aug 9 with 2338 viewstangerinedom

Your Post-Match Forest comments on 21:26 - Aug 9 by Wizaard

Dominic Telford was one of the youth players on the bench for a game under Ferguson.

His Mum was sat near us and was welling up when he came on. When YS went to watch the youth team at Garforth last season he looked a real player.

Have to say I had to switch Five Live off at 2-0. Clearly any defeat is disappointing but especially so when we had the players but couldn't use them. Fair play to the lads for keeping it down to two goals though and having the courage and bottle to get a 0-0 draw in the second half!

Big game on Tuesday for me - we could do with a moral boosting win!
Your Post-Match Forest comments on 21:51 - Aug 9 with 2333 viewsstu

Have to say I switched 5live off after 2 0.

Did the same. Was really expecting a heavy defeat but they dug in came out the game with some pride. I like this Riga, seems the players want to fight for him.

Your Post-Match Forest comments on 22:19 - Aug 9 with 2302 viewstde74

At least the cricket salvaged a little bit of joy from the day.
Your Post-Match Forest comments on 22:40 - Aug 9 with 2262 viewsspider29

Your Post-Match Forest comments on 22:19 - Aug 9 by tde74

At least the cricket salvaged a little bit of joy from the day.

The Revolution failed to deliver on this occasion...
Keep the faith..
It will deliver big time !
Catain Cook delivered...
Your Post-Match Forest comments on 00:02 - Aug 10 with 2206 viewsWizaard

The Revolution was stymied by the lack of options. We played ok and there's obvious room for improvement both in style and personnel.
Your Post-Match Forest comments on 08:32 - Aug 10 with 2072 viewsCurryman

Your Post-Match Forest comments on 00:02 - Aug 10 by Wizaard

The Revolution was stymied by the lack of options. We played ok and there's obvious room for improvement both in style and personnel.

One of the favourites for promotion 2, Odds'n'sods 0.

That says it all. Forest are one of the pre season favourites to go up and everyone, including the bookies, with their 11 - 1 odds, felt the same. We had a cobbled up team of strangers and apprentices, many playing out of position.

It was notebale how quiet the Forest fans were during the game, only waking up twice, when the goals went in, and twice when Mull of Kintire was played.

For our Manager to be put in the position he was, with lack of personnel, is not only unbelievable but is unforgiveable and all credit has to be given to him, his staff and the players for coming through a very tough test on the first day of the season with dignity and respect from the fans who made the trip.

It was quite obvious from the start that we were going to be under the cosh, and apart from a couple of forays into the Forest half we were being put to the sword by a team full of confidence and width. Time and again we were exposed at the back by the opposition taking full advantage of the width of the pitch, but there was little to follow. The first goal could and should have been prevented, whereas the second was a superb strike. I'm sure when we have a full team out on display, if they are ever all registered, and when understandings have been worked on between players, we will have a team to watch and for others to worry about.

That was about it, Del boy blazed a shot over the top in the second half and we seemed to come into the game that bit more as Forest faded badly.

Pro's: we improved as the game went on; one of the favuorites failed to embarrass us; the travelling fans stayed behind the players; we played on the floor and not kick and rush; the signs are that we have an excellent manager (but for how long?).

Con's: We lost; Riga was stitched up by someone in the club; MOre pain for the supporters.

How much longer can this obnoxious family with the morals of a gutter snipe be allowed to turn the beautiful game into a farce? How long before BFC are in administration with all the money removed to other interests, which all seem to make a loss!

Finally , after what i saw yesterday, I would rather be a Pool fan than a Forest fan as they are going nowhere.

Love Blackpool, not the O's
Poll: Whi is responsiblke for our current mess?
Blog: Trust

Your Post-Match Forest comments on 09:52 - Aug 10 with 2019 viewsHarwoodSeasider

Your Post-Match Forest comments on 08:32 - Aug 10 by Curryman

One of the favourites for promotion 2, Odds'n'sods 0.

That says it all. Forest are one of the pre season favourites to go up and everyone, including the bookies, with their 11 - 1 odds, felt the same. We had a cobbled up team of strangers and apprentices, many playing out of position.

It was notebale how quiet the Forest fans were during the game, only waking up twice, when the goals went in, and twice when Mull of Kintire was played.

For our Manager to be put in the position he was, with lack of personnel, is not only unbelievable but is unforgiveable and all credit has to be given to him, his staff and the players for coming through a very tough test on the first day of the season with dignity and respect from the fans who made the trip.

It was quite obvious from the start that we were going to be under the cosh, and apart from a couple of forays into the Forest half we were being put to the sword by a team full of confidence and width. Time and again we were exposed at the back by the opposition taking full advantage of the width of the pitch, but there was little to follow. The first goal could and should have been prevented, whereas the second was a superb strike. I'm sure when we have a full team out on display, if they are ever all registered, and when understandings have been worked on between players, we will have a team to watch and for others to worry about.

That was about it, Del boy blazed a shot over the top in the second half and we seemed to come into the game that bit more as Forest faded badly.

Pro's: we improved as the game went on; one of the favuorites failed to embarrass us; the travelling fans stayed behind the players; we played on the floor and not kick and rush; the signs are that we have an excellent manager (but for how long?).

Con's: We lost; Riga was stitched up by someone in the club; MOre pain for the supporters.

How much longer can this obnoxious family with the morals of a gutter snipe be allowed to turn the beautiful game into a farce? How long before BFC are in administration with all the money removed to other interests, which all seem to make a loss!

Finally , after what i saw yesterday, I would rather be a Pool fan than a Forest fan as they are going nowhere.

I was so angry last night after the registration debacle that I decided to wait until this morning to pen my thoughts. We started 4-5-1 with Perkins at left back and Delfouneso as the lone striker. Forrest applied all the early pressure however we were undone by a speculative long range shot that surprised Lewis who I have to say seemed a little flat footed. The rebound off the post was put into the goal by Antonio which was far from easy. The second goal was an excellent curling left foot strike by Burke from outside the box which Lewis could do nothing about. This could have led to an avalanche but the score remained 2-0. This was primarily due to it being hot and the first game of the season as well as Forrest tiring. But we changed formation to a 4-4-2 in the second half and enjoyed more possession and competed far better. I am still seething at the lack of registered players, heads must roll for this calamitous school boy error. A worry that Riga thought it was better to play a midfielder, in Perkins, who does not know how to play left back than a poor left back in Dunne. Overall, it could have been far worse with some flashes of how Riga wants the team to play which is far better than last year but the fact we are suffering from a lack of pre-season there is no doubt. You could see that they wanted to pass and move which was encouraging but not knowing each other caused a lack of understanding and some passes went astray. Lewis came for some crosses which we have not seen in a Blackpool keeper for years, hooray. Also his distribution was sharp and confident if not always executed well but keep it up I was impressed. The fact we didn't ship 5/6 goals is a bonus. Get the signed players registered to add quality to the side otherwise it could be a pointless August. MOTM was McMahon who also captained the side well followed closely by Lundstram who had a very impressive second half. Some nice one touch stuff which was pleasing on the eye without too much penetration or causing Forrest too much trouble. Their CHs will not have an easier afternoon all season. We need to attack with more pace at home and especially against Blackburn. A lovely passing move in the second half resulted in Orlandi curling a left foot shot just wide. The biggest worry is where will the goals come from? Bizarrely, all the signed unregistered players came and sat with the away fans and were in front of me in the first half including Cubero, Orion twins and their agent which was interesting, let's hope the other one signs, three others and Davies. UTP

In a crisis be aware of the dangers but recognise the oppotunities.

Your Post-Match Forest comments on 15:06 - Aug 10 with 1869 viewslancseasider

Your Post-Match Forest comments on 16:52 - Aug 9 by bfc1974

Oyston out!

Can't really disagree with anything that's been put by anyone on this post. I went yesterday and came away immensely proud of the players and even more so the manager. We dug in, and looking back we got undone by two great strikes, the first which hit the post and the rebound was put in by the lad Antonio. Yes you can argue that perhaps rightly both strikes should have been closed down much quicker, but throughout the game we kept the Forest fans quiet which is testament to how we played.

Personally when I haven't managed to get to a game I've liked it when somebody has gone through player by player and included a little comment on their performance. This perhaps even more useful for those who haven't manage to catch a glimpse of our new signings.

Joe Lewis - Couldn't have done anything about either goal. Came to collect the ball from corners and crosses numerous times, something we didn't see often with Gilks. Confident he will be a big player for us this season.

Tony Mcmahon - We know what we get from him. 100% player didn't do much wrong but was caught out of position quite a bit and was often fooled by the long diag Andy Reid persisted on playing.

Donervan Daniels - Unlike some of the other players I've seen play before for other teams before I'd never seen this kid play before and so didn't know what to expect. I was very impressed with him, looks reasonably quick, good in the air, composed with the ball at his feet and wasn't fazed and did well against two very good Forest strikers. On yesterdays showing, a much better defender and prospect than Mcgahey.

Peter Clarke - Solid enough. Led the youngster Daniels well and won most in the air. He looked pretty slow on yesterdays showing but that could be an injustice to him as he was marking Assombalonga who looked lightning quick. Looks a better player and option than Mackenzie.

David Perkins - Played left back yesterday. Got forward well at times and looked fairly decent on the ball. Restricted as many crosses as he could and did well for a fill in left back.

Lundstram - Got to say, and I don't know why, but I thought he was more of an attacking midfielder but judging by yesterday he is more of a defensive minded midfielder. He looked okay. Nothing more, nothing less. He could be a very good player for us though, he showed glimpses with some long passes and a well hit strike in the second half. Whilst he looked quite good in a few challenges, he did shirk a few also.

Mellis - Looked very good to me. Composed on the ball, can't remember him giving the ball away once. Never tried to over-complicate things and looked half-decent in a tackle. If Riga can get the best out of this lad we have a player on our hands.

Orlandi - Class. From the opening stages you could just tell he has something special. Good on the ball, was the only one who looked like creating an opening going forward. He got back and defended well as well, with a few key blocks and headers. If we can keep him fit and add a few decent players around him I'm fairly confident for this season.

Cywka - Looked all right. Grew into the game second half with a few decent runs. Looked fairly lightweight first half and lost the ball a little bit. He will be a good squad player.

Zenjov - Showed some good touches. He's not awful and definitely better than some of the squad players we had last year ie - Haroun, Ecclestone etc. But I hope it is as a squad player he remains.

Delfouneso - Was fairly isolated. Showed glimpses of quality and got back well from time to time. I think once MIller is fit and registered he will be the main striker but the Fonz is a more than adequate back-up and as we've seen before he can do a job on the wing.

Obviously my comments are based upon one game and players such as Cywka and Zenjov may go on to stamp a well-deserved place in the team. But overall I was fairly impressed yesterday considering the situation we've found ourselves in, thanks to our great owner. Add Oriol, Cubero and MIller into that team as well as a few more new signings for the wings and maybe a centre back and we should be fine this season.
Your Post-Match Forest comments on 17:37 - Aug 10 with 1822 viewsSouthStandSeasider

Came away from the City Ground feeling remarkably optimistic.

To receive such a hammer blow before the game in terms of the missing registrations could have had a huge negative impact on players and supporters, but those in the stands were in fine voice and those on the pitch acquitted themselves well, particularly in the second half albeit with Forest having slipped into first gear and confident the game was pretty much won.

Standout player for me was Perkins, whose attitude to football in general is commendable and who did a solid job in an unfamiliar position. Mellis and Lundstram also deserve a mention for decent performances in midfield. There's plenty of praise for Orlandi on the board; I hardly noticed him at all in the first half but his second half was much better and once he's settled in no doubt he will be a good signing.

Could certainly see glimpses of Riga's style once we had a bit more of the ball, and we kept it on the ground more than we have done under recent managers which was encouraging.

All in all, once some of the players sat with the fans actually make it into a shirt, I'm quietly confident we will be OK this season. It's a travesty that our first 6 competitive games are effectively our pre-season, but we will get there.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024