Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oh well! 22:14 - Jan 26 with 8930 viewsBrighouseDale

Great showcase for Rochdale AFC there, think we came across very well despite the final score. Mighty proud of the squad and management this evening. I don't care one bit that the press / pundits / commentators / general public try to belittle our football club and the town of Rochdale, I couldn't be happier to support such a "small club".

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

Oh well! on 22:18 - Jan 26 with 5476 views442Dale

Would have started with Allen and substituted Henderson. We stuck at it but a good first half petered out very quickly after the break.

Rhys Bennett was man of the match. Can't believe there was any other player even discussed.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Oh well! on 22:22 - Jan 26 with 5399 viewsdilleydaler

Apart from Dawson, who was our best player.....
Oh well! on 22:23 - Jan 26 with 5382 viewsBrighouseDale

Done and Tanser were excellent also.

Oh well! on 22:23 - Jan 26 with 5382 viewsShun

A good match despite the result and I'm so proud of that performance. No chance was there 3 goals between those 2 sides today. Bennett was outstanding although Dawson, Allen, and Tanser all played well.

Stoke played well and at times seemed to have a few men more than us. Having said that they didn't have many chances. I'm glad Bojan went off as he seemed up for it tonight!
Oh well! on 22:25 - Jan 26 with 5356 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Oh well! on 22:22 - Jan 26 by dilleydaler

Apart from Dawson, who was our best player.....

Great first half for Daws.....nowt in 2nd.

Towel in on 55 mins 2-0 down.
Oh well! on 22:27 - Jan 26 with 5320 viewsBrighouseDale

I reckon with that displays tonight we could have finished at least 1-0 up against the red brand on Friday.

Oh well! on 22:34 - Jan 26 with 5209 viewsdavidab2202

Thought we played very well,just done by that extra quality that premiership players have which is why they play at that level
On a slightly different note watched on Beinsports in Cyprus on which they were extolling Willbutts lane chippy as the best chippy outside a football ground in the whole of the U.K
Thought Bennett and Dawson were excellent tonight Also first
time I've seen Camps tonight and he did more then ok
Oh well! on 22:36 - Jan 26 with 5179 viewsdownunder

Agree with OP. I listened to Radio Manchester commentary, the general opinion being that Stoke were flattered by the final score line. Clinical finishing being the difference.
Also noted the following:-
Errr still thinks he is the manager, continually using "we" when describing Rochdale's play.
Bennett "will have attracted attention from Premier League scouts" (kerching?)
Hughes and his bench were out of order for causing the first half "handbags". The players did not react to Vincenti's tackle until the Stoke bench did.
Well done Team Rochdale.
Login to get fewer ads

Oh well! on 22:39 - Jan 26 with 5128 viewsoddjob007

Oh well! on 22:36 - Jan 26 by downunder

Agree with OP. I listened to Radio Manchester commentary, the general opinion being that Stoke were flattered by the final score line. Clinical finishing being the difference.
Also noted the following:-
Errr still thinks he is the manager, continually using "we" when describing Rochdale's play.
Bennett "will have attracted attention from Premier League scouts" (kerching?)
Hughes and his bench were out of order for causing the first half "handbags". The players did not react to Vincenti's tackle until the Stoke bench did.
Well done Team Rochdale.

Both teams had 5/6 chances. Stoke just took 4 of them. Sums up the match pretty well, nothing really between the teams.
Oh well! on 22:39 - Jan 26 with 5123 viewsolympicdale

fantastic first half display, showed what we're all about, high intensity pressing, passing through the middle, just lacked that cutting edge, or that bit of composure in vital areas.

Daws was outstanding from 10-55 mins, Bennett grew into the game and was brilliant until the end. Hendo and Vince were well below par by their standards, what a player Camps will be, just needs to learn when to release the ball, and his decision making, and he will be a star.

All in all, we did well and showed what we can do, we now move on to Coventry, and three points!

UTD!

Life is a game of fate.

Oh well! on 22:42 - Jan 26 with 5057 viewssweetcorn

bennett, wow.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Oh well! on 22:43 - Jan 26 with 5057 viewsD_Alien

Far from downhearted about tonight - thought there were loads of positives we can take forward.

First and foremost, the way our players put their foot on the ball and took on a premiership side with absolutely no fear. Those who stood up to be counted tonight include Bennett, Dawson, Done, Tanser, Rafferty. Eastham was solid but the one thing we need to add to our squad is a left-sided CB.

We needed to be a bit more clinical when on top during the first half, but no complaints about any of the Stoke goals; in fact it was almost a pleasure to see the Bojan volley and in particular the strolling Victor Moses effort, by far the best player on the pitch. Glad we got on the scoresheet but 1-3 would've been fair.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Oh well! on 22:48 - Jan 26 with 4984 viewsolympicdale

Oh well! on 22:43 - Jan 26 by D_Alien

Far from downhearted about tonight - thought there were loads of positives we can take forward.

First and foremost, the way our players put their foot on the ball and took on a premiership side with absolutely no fear. Those who stood up to be counted tonight include Bennett, Dawson, Done, Tanser, Rafferty. Eastham was solid but the one thing we need to add to our squad is a left-sided CB.

We needed to be a bit more clinical when on top during the first half, but no complaints about any of the Stoke goals; in fact it was almost a pleasure to see the Bojan volley and in particular the strolling Victor Moses effort, by far the best player on the pitch. Glad we got on the scoresheet but 1-3 would've been fair.

Lancashire's short passing was way off today, but credit has to go to the Stoke players for their quick reading of situations and high pressure closing down.

Life is a game of fate.

Oh well! on 22:51 - Jan 26 with 4944 viewsStudiousDale

Que sera sera, whatever will be will be, we're going to coventry, que sera sera
Oh well! on 23:01 - Jan 26 with 4853 viewsrochdale1987

Thought we played excellently first half, and had dones effort gone in it could have been a different game. Stoke had the extra bit of quality though and it shone through in the second half. Very proud on the whole and looking forward to the rest of the league campaign :) Up the Dale
Oh well! on 23:04 - Jan 26 with 4819 viewsTiki_Beach

I though Bennett played with a lot more aggression tonight -He was one of the best players on the pitch, never mind just for us. Overall, a team performance to be proud of. Onto Coventry
Oh well! on 23:08 - Jan 26 with 4781 viewsRosun

Oh well! on 22:39 - Jan 26 by olympicdale

fantastic first half display, showed what we're all about, high intensity pressing, passing through the middle, just lacked that cutting edge, or that bit of composure in vital areas.

Daws was outstanding from 10-55 mins, Bennett grew into the game and was brilliant until the end. Hendo and Vince were well below par by their standards, what a player Camps will be, just needs to learn when to release the ball, and his decision making, and he will be a star.

All in all, we did well and showed what we can do, we now move on to Coventry, and three points!

UTD!

Totally agree. Dawson took a bad knock in a one on one with Butland (great keeper, gave as good as he got) and ended up whacking a camera case full on. Didn't think he would come back on but guessing adrenaline kicked in.

The game was won in midfield. They bossed it, we backed off in the hope of picking up the second ball but they were one step ahead.
As much as I hate the granny death faker Ireland, he found and made the space to open it up and they showed their class, Victor Moses especially, my man of the match
Piss poor effort from their fans ... 60 miles away / premier league / FA cup. How many? 1800 / 1900? Guess that's what happens when you're bankrolled by a rich owner who treats you as a plaything for his betting website and you only have to spend more than the three teams who are going to get relegated. Barnsley and Bradford brought more. Premier league only by the size of their bank balance.

Move on. Coventry away on Saturday. Up the Dale.
Oh well! on 23:10 - Jan 26 with 4739 viewsSwissdale

Another very good cup run comes to an end. No complaints about the result, Stoke were quality and it showed in the second half.

A real shame they scored an absolute screamer so early on, would have been nice to have had at some of the game where we weren't losing. We really went for it and had Done's effort gone in the roof would have come off spotland.

Rhys Bennett was absolutely superb tonight, my MOM by a mile.
Oh well! on 23:12 - Jan 26 with 4695 views442Dale

Oh well! on 23:08 - Jan 26 by Rosun

Totally agree. Dawson took a bad knock in a one on one with Butland (great keeper, gave as good as he got) and ended up whacking a camera case full on. Didn't think he would come back on but guessing adrenaline kicked in.

The game was won in midfield. They bossed it, we backed off in the hope of picking up the second ball but they were one step ahead.
As much as I hate the granny death faker Ireland, he found and made the space to open it up and they showed their class, Victor Moses especially, my man of the match
Piss poor effort from their fans ... 60 miles away / premier league / FA cup. How many? 1800 / 1900? Guess that's what happens when you're bankrolled by a rich owner who treats you as a plaything for his betting website and you only have to spend more than the three teams who are going to get relegated. Barnsley and Bradford brought more. Premier league only by the size of their bank balance.

Move on. Coventry away on Saturday. Up the Dale.

Thought their fans were very good. Made a lot of noise.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Oh well! on 23:13 - Jan 26 with 4674 viewssweetcorn

Oh well! on 23:04 - Jan 26 by Tiki_Beach

I though Bennett played with a lot more aggression tonight -He was one of the best players on the pitch, never mind just for us. Overall, a team performance to be proud of. Onto Coventry

Bennett was the best player on the pitch, period.

Bitterly disappointed with tonight and can't help being left thinking what might have been if we put our chances away.

Bennett and Dawson absolutley bossed the midfield first half, but Camps was the wrong inclusion for this game for me, his inexperience leaves him not releasing the ball enough and often not looking after possession (this isnt me knocking him, as hes young and talented), felt jamie would have been the far better option to start with.

Second half the dominant midfield from the first half was none existant and ive just been told by creamline representatives that our midfield will be on one of their milk cartons next week, because it went missing for 20 minutes.

Hendo looked a shadow of his normal self and hope hes back to his best at the weekend. Hopefully with just the league to look forward too we can concentrate on getting into them play-offs and we might still make wembley yet!

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Oh well! on 23:20 - Jan 26 with 4612 viewspieandpeasdale

Brilliant display from us first half despite going behind so early to a wonder strike.Dawson,Bennett and Camps bossed the midfield up until half time.
Stoke mustve had the rocket from Hughsie as they where far superior 2nd half and the 2nd goal killed us off.
Good finish from Bennett but we didnt create a lot 2nd half with Done and Vincenti off.
Stoke deserved their win but well played Dale.
Much needed cash in the coffers and a great experience for the young players.
UTD
[Post edited 26 Jan 2015 23:22]
Oh well! on 23:25 - Jan 26 with 4553 viewsdalefan1uk

To be fair to the Bt Sport and Radio Manc pundits/commentators they couldn't say any thing more positive for the way we picked ourselves up after going down to a super strike from Bojan that most Premier league keepers wouldn't have reached. I think him going off really unsettled Stoke and we gained Belief, where we slumped was when Vincenti got a yellow and then he had to tread lightely. We were lucky to have Vincenti (not fully fit) and now it looks like Done has picked up an injury. Dawson was my Man of the match, it can only be positive from now onwards, the Fa cup could have been a fixture pile up nightmare anyway. Personally I hope the Oldham game is rescheduled for 10th March otherwise the players could face burn out.
Well done to Keith Hills men and I for one am proud to say that I'm a Dalefan as much if not more than I was before 8pm tonight. KHBA
Oh well! on 23:27 - Jan 26 with 4528 viewsRosun

Oh well! on 23:12 - Jan 26 by 442Dale

Thought their fans were very good. Made a lot of noise.

Cheers 442. I couldn't hear what they were singing. It might be down to that mongy stoke accent they have, caught in a wasteland between Manchester and Birmingham so no real identity or competition within 30miles ( port vile & Crewe excepted).

Made me chuckle when they rolled out the "Rochdale's a shithole" song as Stoke is the # 1 shithole in England as no one has to go there unless they need to.
Oh well! on 23:27 - Jan 26 with 4527 viewsdalebolt

Bennett was immense again tonight. Showed he can handle the physical side against a strong Stoke side. Don't think he did anything wrong all night (maybe should have hit the target with that first half effort if I'm being harsh). Said it before but in that role he really has kicked on.
Proud of every one of them tonight, thought the crowd played their part too.
Oh well! on 23:29 - Jan 26 with 4494 viewsR17ALE

Oh well! on 23:27 - Jan 26 by Rosun

Cheers 442. I couldn't hear what they were singing. It might be down to that mongy stoke accent they have, caught in a wasteland between Manchester and Birmingham so no real identity or competition within 30miles ( port vile & Crewe excepted).

Made me chuckle when they rolled out the "Rochdale's a shithole" song as Stoke is the # 1 shithole in England as no one has to go there unless they need to.

Aye. It's a place you go through rather than to.

By the way, and I don't mean to be impertinent, is there any chance you could ask your avatar to uncross her legs and take her kit off?

You always leave me feeling short changed!!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024