Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gomis 17:10 - Oct 24 with 14682 viewscurleigh

I think i speak for most on here, Gomis has been truly shocking now since Watford, but Monk keeps on picking him hoping maybe his form will come good, he needs to give Eder a run of 3 or 4 games now to see what he has to offer, 5 & 10 minutes here and there is no gauge of how good you are. He needs to be told he is starting the next few games.
Gomis on 19:19 - Oct 24 with 1811 viewsPhil_S

Gomis on 19:16 - Oct 24 by shandyjack

The swing to this is that if they come in and hit the ground running then they play, if they don't we have a suitable replacement, keeps both players on their toes. Then your relying on the manager to give them fair chance. Unlike when Baf did come in last year, there were time Bony wasn't up to much but Baf was still limited game time

Indeed but go back to the reaction on here when we signed Eder

"A Portugal international" that's a big step up for us were along the lines of the comments

We probably need a third striker but to get one along the lines of the names thrown about freely on here (did someone say Austin on another thread) then it needs to be almost at the assurance of first team football. And then we lose one at the same time

Stand by my belief that Gomis will go in one of the next two transfer windows and then we will buy the replacement

And I hope to god it is never Andy f*cking Carroll as was suggested elsewhere tonight
Gomis on 19:22 - Oct 24 with 1802 viewsshandyjack

Gomis on 19:19 - Oct 24 by Phil_S

Indeed but go back to the reaction on here when we signed Eder

"A Portugal international" that's a big step up for us were along the lines of the comments

We probably need a third striker but to get one along the lines of the names thrown about freely on here (did someone say Austin on another thread) then it needs to be almost at the assurance of first team football. And then we lose one at the same time

Stand by my belief that Gomis will go in one of the next two transfer windows and then we will buy the replacement

And I hope to god it is never Andy f*cking Carroll as was suggested elsewhere tonight

haha it would stop him scoring against us though. I'd prefer Sakho or Valencia from them. Be good to get one who will hit the ground running due to having PL experience.

Poll: Expectation for the season

Gomis on 19:23 - Oct 24 with 1799 viewsPhil_S

Gomis on 19:22 - Oct 24 by shandyjack

haha it would stop him scoring against us though. I'd prefer Sakho or Valencia from them. Be good to get one who will hit the ground running due to having PL experience.

Definitely and I think should Gomis go that should be our starting block

Sadly though we know that comes with an additional premium too
Gomis on 19:26 - Oct 24 with 1793 viewsshandyjack

Gomis on 19:23 - Oct 24 by Phil_S

Definitely and I think should Gomis go that should be our starting block

Sadly though we know that comes with an additional premium too

it certainly does. If Newcastle go down we could go for Mitrovic, despite his first few games he looks every bit the player i thought he would be

Poll: Expectation for the season

Gomis on 19:32 - Oct 24 with 1771 viewstomdickharry

Gomis on 19:26 - Oct 24 by shandyjack

it certainly does. If Newcastle go down we could go for Mitrovic, despite his first few games he looks every bit the player i thought he would be

Mitrovic haven't we heard his name before somewhere, said it at the time and I will say it now yet again we should have signed him and he's 9 yrs younger that the useless Gomis.
Gomis on 19:34 - Oct 24 with 1763 viewsperchrockjack

He s a risk at that price mainly because he s a nutter.

If he were to realise the Balkan conflict is over..for now... He d be fine.

He does offer a physical presence in a way gomis does not.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Gomis on 19:37 - Oct 24 with 1756 viewsbargoedjack

Despite the slating from some, I found this on the BBC report of the game:

"Bafetimbi Gomis created four chances against Villa, no forward has managed more in a single Premier League game so far this season."
Gomis on 19:39 - Oct 24 with 1746 viewsPhil_S

Gomis on 19:37 - Oct 24 by bargoedjack

"Bafetimbi Gomis created four chances against Villa, no forward has managed more in a single Premier League game so far this season."

And the Ayew one in the second half and the Fernandez one in the first were gilt edged chances too
Login to get fewer ads

Gomis on 19:49 - Oct 24 with 1716 viewslovejuicejack

Gomis on 18:36 - Oct 24 by 3swan

We are still small fry in this division, we have stepped up a level in the transfer market but to think that some striker out there can sort our problem out at the price we can pay is imo a non starter.

Goals need to be spread around let's hope the other midfielders etc can pop up with a few

We need another michu
Gomis on 19:55 - Oct 24 with 1698 viewslovejuicejack

Gomis on 19:02 - Oct 24 by Phil_S

I think the difficulty will always be getting a striker of the quality we want who is prepared to sit 50% of the time on the bench (if not more)

We saw how Gomis reacted to that last season

We need one striker who is consistent and stays fit and cost pennies one who is six foot runs like a greyhound and is obsessed with scoring... But who
Gomis on 19:57 - Oct 24 with 1684 viewslifelong

Gomis on 19:37 - Oct 24 by bargoedjack

And God created the World, according to the BBC.
Gomis on 19:59 - Oct 24 with 1676 viewsperchrockjack

And he s not welsh

Gomis on 20:00 - Oct 24 with 1678 viewslifelong

Gomis on 19:59 - Oct 24 by perchrockjack

And he s not welsh

Yes, but he should have been.
Gomis on 20:03 - Oct 24 with 1670 viewsPhil_S

Gomis on 20:00 - Oct 24 by lifelong

Yes, but he should have been.

Who Gomis or God?
Gomis on 20:04 - Oct 24 with 1662 viewsperchrockjack

No comment.

You lol only get the ump.

I was speaking to Leeds fans over breakfast this morning.

You have no idea what it's like, do you, flying our little flag in england

Gomis on 20:05 - Oct 24 with 1664 viewslovejuicejack

Gomis on 20:04 - Oct 24 by perchrockjack

No comment.

Did ewe tell them we all hate Leeds scum
Gomis on 20:07 - Oct 24 with 1657 viewsPhil_S

Gomis on 20:04 - Oct 24 by perchrockjack

No comment.

Having lived there for 10 years then yes I have absolutely every idea

Big difference was I did it at a time when supporting the Swans was not fashionable

Any more assumptions you want to make?
Gomis on 20:08 - Oct 24 with 1652 viewsperchrockjack

Ahem, didn't have a chance as I fed them a Cardiff bait and they were quite happy to chomp their sausages with that.

Also been with Rotherham, Sheffield weds and blades fans.

I'm still here

Gomis on 20:40 - Oct 24 with 1604 viewsLandore_Jack

Gomis needs to learn to stay on his feet and time his runs better.

#backtojack

Gomis on 20:48 - Oct 24 with 1580 viewsperchrockjack

... So lady perch says, are you home today.. No they said, we re at Bolton to which she says oh dear we be been there haven't we hun . What league is this in.

Bless er

Gomis on 21:10 - Oct 24 with 1545 viewscurleigh

Gomis on 18:57 - Oct 24 by Phil_S

That's fair enough which is why I didn't use the predictable comment that many would have used about escaped goats

Gomis was no worse than many for the first half, as we improved in the second half, he improved with us

It's not just today's performance i am talking about, it's the last 4-5 games which to me seems he can't be arsed to put a shift in. his touch and control is considerably worse than our first few games, his shooting is way off radar, continually passing to the opposition, others are saying Eder is no better, how can they judge a player on 5-10 minutes, when you try hard to impress in a short space of time, running around like a headless chicken only to make mistakes or going in to hard and give away free kicks, if you are told you are going to have a run, he can get into the pace of the game from the start and play a more steady game, i don't think he has started a prem league game this season, where as Gomis did start a few last year early doors, Chelsea away comes to mind.
Gomis on 21:25 - Oct 24 with 1521 viewsstonedroses

if hes not scoring the guy is absolute shite....how many times is he on his ass throughout a game? i remeber being down saint marys back in the 80's with the swans singing to kevin keegan "hes on his arse again, hes on his arse again" he got off his arse and scored to beat us in his celebration landing on his arse laughing at us.... how can we trust a guy who said his goodbyes to the squad in the summer to play with chico in the arab leagues????
Gomis on 21:30 - Oct 24 with 1506 viewsstonedroses

yes..bargoedjack and skyed or skied each one of them...
Gomis on 21:38 - Oct 24 with 1491 viewsbuilthjack

Gomis on 18:37 - Oct 24 by Phil_S

I don't disagree, its the only area we look a little light but I think we all also know that if we got a third striker it would be nobody for more than a bit part

if you want a full opinion, Gomis will be off in January/June and we will spend on his replacement at that point. We had one lined up in the summer just gone had he left I am led to believe

That's about right. Try and offload Gomis, somebody will pay 7-10m for him, and get someone in. Am sure there's someone being lined up for January, or the end of the season.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Gomis on 21:42 - Oct 24 with 1471 viewsswan_si

Gomis on 21:10 - Oct 24 by curleigh

It's not just today's performance i am talking about, it's the last 4-5 games which to me seems he can't be arsed to put a shift in. his touch and control is considerably worse than our first few games, his shooting is way off radar, continually passing to the opposition, others are saying Eder is no better, how can they judge a player on 5-10 minutes, when you try hard to impress in a short space of time, running around like a headless chicken only to make mistakes or going in to hard and give away free kicks, if you are told you are going to have a run, he can get into the pace of the game from the start and play a more steady game, i don't think he has started a prem league game this season, where as Gomis did start a few last year early doors, Chelsea away comes to mind.

yep, agree with all of this, give Eder a run of games, and then judge him, it may give Gomis the kick up the arse that he deserves, and wipe that smile off his face when he shoots high and wide of the goal (does my fecking head in that does).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024