Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guidolin should be given time! 14:32 - Oct 1 with 7144 viewsSheffieldjack

No way that Francesco Guidolin should be sacked after today. Cut him some slack and give him till Christmas to show that he can turn things around.
Guidolin should be given time! on 16:21 - Oct 1 with 1444 viewsLeonisGod

Guidolin should be given time! on 15:13 - Oct 1 by Lord_Bony

Woy Hodgson anyone?

Nah, John Barnes for me
Guidolin should be given time! on 16:22 - Oct 1 with 1444 viewsLandore_Jack

The bottom line is that some of the players in the squad are not good enough. E.g. Rangel, Routledge, Fernandez, Dyer etc. HJ failed to replace these players along with Williams and Ayew. It is costing us dearly. Guidolin will be fall the guy for Huw's mistake.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2016 16:31]

#backtojack

Guidolin should be given time! on 16:30 - Oct 1 with 1419 viewsunion_jack

Guidolin should be given time! on 16:22 - Oct 1 by Landore_Jack

The bottom line is that some of the players in the squad are not good enough. E.g. Rangel, Routledge, Fernandez, Dyer etc. HJ failed to replace these players along with Williams and Ayew. It is costing us dearly. Guidolin will be fall the guy for Huw's mistake.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2016 16:31]

I'm going to stick my neck out here and say that Guidolin will keep his job for the foreseeable future.

I've been wrong before. I'll be wrong again.

But not this time I hope.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Guidolin should be given time! on 16:31 - Oct 1 with 1411 viewsangryjack

Guidolin should be given time! on 16:30 - Oct 1 by union_jack

I'm going to stick my neck out here and say that Guidolin will keep his job for the foreseeable future.

I've been wrong before. I'll be wrong again.

But not this time I hope.

guidolin got to go not huw fault at the system and players he picks and decisions he makes
Guidolin should be given time! on 16:41 - Oct 1 with 1385 viewsjack247

Guidolin should be given time! on 16:31 - Oct 1 by angryjack

guidolin got to go not huw fault at the system and players he picks and decisions he makes

No it's not Huws fault. He is only responsible forthe players Guidolin has at his disposal. No biggie
Guidolin should be given time! on 16:44 - Oct 1 with 1368 viewsangryjack

Guidolin should be given time! on 16:41 - Oct 1 by jack247

No it's not Huws fault. He is only responsible forthe players Guidolin has at his disposal. No biggie

he clueless end of
Guidolin should be given time! on 16:54 - Oct 1 with 1345 viewsjack247

Guidolin should be given time! on 16:44 - Oct 1 by angryjack

he clueless end of

Astute assessment there
Guidolin should be given time! on 16:57 - Oct 1 with 1333 viewsLandore_Jack

Guidolin should be given time! on 16:41 - Oct 1 by jack247

That's the problem. Some of the players are not good enough. Ayew and Ash have not been replaced.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2016 16:59]

#backtojack

Login to get fewer ads

Guidolin should be given time! on 17:08 - Oct 1 with 1300 viewscharliet27

Agree with you wholeheartedly, except for Rangel. Rangel didn't perform nearly as bad today as the likes of Routledge and Ki, and at least Rangel has a bit of passion about him, it's almost as if he actually gives a sh!t.

As for Guidolin, he looked like a nervous wreck in the post match interview and I feel for the guy, we set up well in the first half and played well. The board are more at blame for the mare we are having at the mo - more than anyone else.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2016 17:13]
Guidolin should be given time! on 17:08 - Oct 1 with 1293 viewsSheffieldjack

If the issue is letting key players go during the summer transfer window and not replacing them, then that's not something that should be laid at FG's door. The blame lies elsewhere. Our recruitment policy in the summer - Baston excluded - was shambolic.
Guidolin should be given time! on 17:15 - Oct 1 with 1267 viewsJokeren1943

In the end a manager for a midtable/bottom team like Swansea is judge by his ability to avoid relegation.

4 points out of 21 points possible is simply not good enough.

[Post edited 1 Oct 2016 17:19]
Guidolin should be given time! on 17:23 - Oct 1 with 1242 viewsjack247

Guidolin should be given time! on 17:15 - Oct 1 by Jokeren1943

In the end a manager for a midtable/bottom team like Swansea is judge by his ability to avoid relegation.

4 points out of 21 points possible is simply not good enough.

[Post edited 1 Oct 2016 17:19]

They don't judge him after 7 games though. Particularly the 7 we have had when he is trying to make the best with the hand he has been dealt
Guidolin should be given time! on 19:06 - Oct 1 with 1186 viewsBarrySwan

I'm struggling to see how replacing an experienced Italian manager with an unknown American managing a French second division team or with someone who couldn't be bothered to turn up to Wales friendlies and has no proven experience of management would :-

1) Prevent a thick as two short planks dutch guy from shoving his hand in an opposition players face in the penalty box.

2) Prevent a highly paid professional slicing an easy peasey clearance over his head further back into his own box.

3) Motivate the worlds worst avoider of headers since Walter Boyd graced the stage, bundle over without need or thought an opposition player in the box.

Meanwhile a decent hardworking experienced Italian Chap has every chance of getting the sack while the three mentioned above will just pick up their wages and carry on as normal whoever the manager is.
Guidolin should be given time! on 19:14 - Oct 1 with 1174 viewsHighjack

As long as guidolin is here he's going to have the sword of damacles dangling over his head like a big sharp metal dangly thing. That isn't going to go away.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Guidolin should be given time! on 19:24 - Oct 1 with 1147 viewsFlashberryjack

Guidolin should be given time! on 19:14 - Oct 1 by Highjack

As long as guidolin is here he's going to have the sword of damacles dangling over his head like a big sharp metal dangly thing. That isn't going to go away.

I'm the only one then ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Guidolin should be given time! on 19:27 - Oct 1 with 1061 viewsymaohyd

Going by the arguments on here, may I ask what is the point of us being in the premier league? If it seems to be a given, that it's pointless that we turn up against the 'bigger team's because we have no chance!

So the logic is, don't sack him because, we've had a tough run of fixtures?!

Played 4 at home, drawn 1 lost 3.

Pi ss poor performances away from home and this comes after some pretty poor performances last season.

A terrible transfer window..Yes, agreed.

Stick with this guy though and he will take us down, in my opinion.

Seems to have difficulty with English, doesn't seem to be a great communicator.

He was meant to be an 'interim manager' and that's where it should have ended.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Guidolin should be given time! on 19:36 - Oct 1 with 1045 viewsThornburyswan

Guidolin should be given time! on 14:53 - Oct 1 by WarwickHunt

My Man City mates said the same.

It would be idiocy to get rid of him now. We probably will though...

For me he should have the next 6 matches - Arse(a), Watford(h), Stoke(a), MUtd(h), Everton(a) & Palace(h) - if he gets 7/8 pts from that lot he warrants the next 6, all in December, where we'd probably need another 9/10 pts to take us to around the 20 - 22 point mark after 19 matches.
Guidolin should be given time! on 19:52 - Oct 1 with 1029 viewsJokeren1943

Guidolin should be given time! on 17:23 - Oct 1 by jack247

They don't judge him after 7 games though. Particularly the 7 we have had when he is trying to make the best with the hand he has been dealt

I think they do. Who gave him this hand, they did.

But would be nice if Swansea had the same manager for 3-4 years in a row. A a manager who can built up a new team spirit and a solid return to the old Swansea possession style,
[Post edited 1 Oct 2016 19:56]
Guidolin should be given time! on 19:56 - Oct 1 with 1021 viewsSmellyplumz

Don't forget this is the guy that kept us up last season thus enabling the the board to sell us down the river, now they want him out after 7 games ... Tw#ts

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Guidolin should be given time! on 20:02 - Oct 1 with 1009 viewsFlashberryjack

Guidolin should be given time! on 19:27 - Oct 1 by ymaohyd

Going by the arguments on here, may I ask what is the point of us being in the premier league? If it seems to be a given, that it's pointless that we turn up against the 'bigger team's because we have no chance!

Pi ss poor performances away from home and this comes after some pretty poor performances last season.

Agree 100%

Hello

Guidolin should be given time! on 20:41 - Oct 1 with 978 viewsSheffieldjack

Guidolin should be given time! on 19:27 - Oct 1 by ymaohyd

That wasn't the feeling after he kept us up last season. At the moment aren't we on an upward curve performance wise?
Guidolin should be given time! on 20:47 - Oct 1 with 956 viewsjack247

Guidolin should be given time! on 20:41 - Oct 1 by Sheffieldjack

That wasn't the feeling after he kept us up last season. At the moment aren't we on an upward curve performance wise?

Yes, we absolutely are. For the second time, he has had to work out a system that suits the random assortment of players he has been given.

Bring Giggs or Bob in though, they will have us playing like Barca in no time.
Guidolin should be given time! on 20:48 - Oct 1 with 955 viewsFlashberryjack

Guidolin should be given time! on 20:41 - Oct 1 by Sheffieldjack

It might not have been your feeling, but I know a lot of people that didn't want him, myself included.
And if the managers we really wanted hadn't ask for too much money we wouldn't be having this debate.

Hello

Guidolin should be given time! on 21:09 - Oct 1 with 917 viewsvetchonian

Guidolin should be given time! on 20:48 - Oct 1 by Flashberryjack

It might not have been your feeling, but I know a lot of people that didn't want him, myself included.
And if the managers we really wanted hadn't ask for too much money we wouldn't be having this debate.

Brenda would have got no better results with this aquad

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Guidolin should be given time! on 21:10 - Oct 1 with 914 viewsymaohyd

Guidolin should be given time! on 20:48 - Oct 1 by Flashberryjack

Indeed. People have very short memories on here. Very few wanted Mr Guidolin to stay on last season, at one point.

Then we had those wins against Liverpool, Chelsea and West Ham. Good wins but loaded with big questions about the mind set etc of the opposition. Liverpool with the Europa final, Chelsea played kids and West ham odd.

That's not to say that he didn't deserve the job because it was a very difficult decision not to give him the job, it would have been unfair. BUT the ballsy decision would have been to have said thanks but no thanks.

So we go into this season with a lot of questions above our heads and where are we? 4th from bottom, probably in the bottom 3 by our next home game.

I do get people wanting to give him more time, but you can't have it all ways. After the Hull game I started a thread that for me 'in context' it was the worst performance for years. Not sure if people are too thick to get the 'in context bit' but instead I read a load of bollox that it wasn't that bad.

It was that bad, because we missed a golden opportunity against a pi ss poor side to get 2 wins, 6 points and take a sh it load of pressure off our shoulders, knowing what was to come...and it has.

So keep him on for another 6/7 games but expect to be firmly in the bottom 3.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024