Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reinstate the Swansea Way 13:33 - Dec 31 with 2056 viewssomersetsimon

A more thoughtful and considered article than you see in the newspapers. The only bit I'd disagree with was where he says nobody was complaining about our style of play when we finished 8th under Monk.

http://statsbomb.com/2016/12/reinstate-the-swansea-way/
Reinstate the Swansea Way on 13:48 - Dec 31 with 2009 viewsLeonWasGod

Excellent article, I'm surprised I didn't write it myself it's that good

I love the stats about forward play (verticality). It's true that with longer more hopeful balls between the lines we've slowly become worse. Mainly because it isolates players and we don't have the individual quality to then make domething happen. Our more successful years were characterised by moving the ball patiently, but that didn't matter if a team couldn't get near us. When we try and do that now you can hear the groans though. There's a guy behing me who shouts 'get it f*ckin forward' every time we play a square ball across the back. It depresses me that people have forgotten already what used to make us different.
Reinstate the Swansea Way on 13:51 - Dec 31 with 1998 viewsBloodyhills

Good article.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Reinstate the Swansea Way on 14:02 - Dec 31 with 1960 viewsLeonWasGod

Don't agree with keeping Curt til the end of the season though purely because he doesn't seem to want it. As someone said in another thread, Curt aged with each game last time. It's a shame because with a good team behind him he could do a decent job I reckon, but he's got too much to lose personally. No doubt he wants to see his time out with us and he deserves that and still has something to offer.

"Recruit with focus" - absolutely key, for manager and players. I'm not sure they're getting the manager bit right if all the rumours / bookies favourites are true.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024