Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where do the trust go from here ? 14:44 - Feb 16 with 4518 viewsKeithHaynes

Are they of any future use ?
Or should they continue ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Where do the trust go from here ? on 14:49 - Feb 16 with 2185 viewsWhiterockin

Not fit for purpose, did what they wanted against the vote of the members. They should all hang their heads in shame.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Where do the trust go from here ? on 15:06 - Feb 16 with 2164 viewsChief

Just act as a silent shareholder I'd say. The board have rendered the organisation completely moribund as a voice for the fans and as a proactive force for protecting the club's future.

I don't want to hear from them anymore.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Where do the trust go from here ? on 15:11 - Feb 16 with 2144 viewsKeithHaynes

Where do the trust go from here ? on 15:06 - Feb 16 by Chief

Just act as a silent shareholder I'd say. The board have rendered the organisation completely moribund as a voice for the fans and as a proactive force for protecting the club's future.

I don't want to hear from them anymore.

Bank the money, disband the organisation and as you say remain silent. Personally and I know David Dalton, he isn’to blame. I think it has run its course, there’s no need for them. They have no voice, and represent not a lot as a result. As I said banking the money under some form of release agreement and disbanding them is the safer option all round. Just my opinion though.

Martin Morgan and Jake Silverstein seem to have played a blinder.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Where do the trust go from here ? on 15:23 - Feb 16 with 2127 viewsReslovenSwan1

This defeatist talk is music to the ears of other shareholders.

If there is no further dilution the Trust's shares in the Premier leagues will be worth based on Burnley.

5% holding + £20m + £1.5m. I hope for their sake they have not frozen the 5%. Worth £10m) (£30m +£1.5m)

The is 5% could be a major gaff. I have always promoted the SCST taking professional advice.

They need to convert into a not for profit organisation that is able to invest on the glovbal markets.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Where do the trust go from here ? on 15:29 - Feb 16 with 2109 viewsWhiterockin

Where do the trust go from here ? on 15:11 - Feb 16 by KeithHaynes

Bank the money, disband the organisation and as you say remain silent. Personally and I know David Dalton, he isn’to blame. I think it has run its course, there’s no need for them. They have no voice, and represent not a lot as a result. As I said banking the money under some form of release agreement and disbanding them is the safer option all round. Just my opinion though.

Is Martin Morgan preparing the ground for a buy back?

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Where do the trust go from here ? on 15:33 - Feb 16 with 2097 viewsChief

Where do the trust go from here ? on 15:23 - Feb 16 by ReslovenSwan1

This defeatist talk is music to the ears of other shareholders.

If there is no further dilution the Trust's shares in the Premier leagues will be worth based on Burnley.

5% holding + £20m + £1.5m. I hope for their sake they have not frozen the 5%. Worth £10m) (£30m +£1.5m)

The is 5% could be a major gaff. I have always promoted the SCST taking professional advice.

They need to convert into a not for profit organisation that is able to invest on the glovbal markets.

Of course it is, they've got what they wanted and set out to do all along starting by excluding the trust in 2016. This is the final nail in the coffin.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Where do the trust go from here ? on 15:58 - Feb 16 with 2051 views3swan

Your last line says it all. Imo the marginalization of the Trust started when the club stopped fans joining along with their season tickets purchase. Fans could opt out if they wanted, but that to me was a clear message that the Trust was not viewed as a worthwhile shareholder.
Where do the trust go from here ? on 16:09 - Feb 16 with 2030 viewsBadlands

If disbanded what would happen to the shares?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Login to get fewer ads

Where do the trust go from here ? on 16:10 - Feb 16 with 2028 viewsTreforys_Jack

The sellouts started all this and the trust have been extremely naive in their past dealings. The sellouts and their "never again" rhetoric makes me sick. Got zero issues with the Americans, they bought a business and have run us fairly prudently up to now.
The sellouts have this stain on them forever. Respect can never be bought, they had it all and blew it with their dishonesty. Take that back to LD towers res.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2022 16:29]
Where do the trust go from here ? on 16:19 - Feb 16 with 2019 viewspencoedjack

Where do the trust go from here ? on 16:10 - Feb 16 by Treforys_Jack

The sellouts started all this and the trust have been extremely naive in their past dealings. The sellouts and their "never again" rhetoric makes me sick. Got zero issues with the Americans, they bought a business and have run us fairly prudently up to now.
The sellouts have this stain on them forever. Respect can never be bought, they had it all and blew it with their dishonesty. Take that back to LD towers res.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2022 16:29]

My thoughts exactly & I said at the time selling to a US hedge fund was only going to end one way.

All the good work Jenkins & his cronies done was all undone when they sold to who they sold too.

I also have no issue with the business model that we are currently working with but it could of been so much better if it was sold to someone else.
Where do the trust go from here ? on 16:41 - Feb 16 with 1982 viewsjasper_T

It has to continue. It's an entity that owns a significant number of shares in a football club: assets and responsibilities a portion of which apparently can't now be sold off. If a majority of fans simply walk away that just leaves the people who wanted this outcome to enjoy the fruits of their labour on their own.

For a long time the focus of the Trust seems to have been getting recompense for what happened in 2016. It had a right to do so but that wasn't the purpose for which the Trust was established. The goal was to maintain ownership and influence in a football club, not cash out and walk away with £21m in the bank.
Where do the trust go from here ? on 16:45 - Feb 16 with 1971 viewsonehunglow

We have lost focus as a fan base.
I was told it was all about justice
Justice my backside

Trust was something we didn’t need as it was borne out of fear and fear alone .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Where do the trust go from here ? on 17:51 - Feb 16 with 1914 viewsmax936

Where do the trust go from here ? on 14:49 - Feb 16 by Whiterockin

Not fit for purpose, did what they wanted against the vote of the members. They should all hang their heads in shame.

This, they'll be talking their comfy seats and enjoying the matchday nose bag, off the backs of the membership, just as bad as the sellouts, Disgusting and shameful
[Post edited 16 Feb 2022 17:52]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Where do the trust go from here ? on 18:20 - Feb 16 with 1859 viewsTreforys_Jack

Where do the trust go from here ? on 16:41 - Feb 16 by jasper_T

It has to continue. It's an entity that owns a significant number of shares in a football club: assets and responsibilities a portion of which apparently can't now be sold off. If a majority of fans simply walk away that just leaves the people who wanted this outcome to enjoy the fruits of their labour on their own.

For a long time the focus of the Trust seems to have been getting recompense for what happened in 2016. It had a right to do so but that wasn't the purpose for which the Trust was established. The goal was to maintain ownership and influence in a football club, not cash out and walk away with £21m in the bank.

Kudos, voice of calm in the storm.
Where do the trust go from here ? on 18:22 - Feb 16 with 1854 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Trust has a very good future aligned to that of the club. Clearly with the slightly odd 5% golden share it is not going anywhere and will be with us until the club goes bust.

The 5% is currently worth about £1.5m but the Trust will be potentially compensated for that financial loss by the other club owners presumably. I regard it as a mistake. They have effectively sold 5% of their holding and frozen it (at £300k per 1%) to be paid at later date.

The Trust needs to do several things to turn itself around.

a) Reject "small town politics". Personal antipathies have cost them dear.

b) Get a business advice from a business professional to study the whole organisation to help them mitigate against both dilution and inflation.

c) Publish a report on investment possibilities

d) Concentrate of financial growth not shareholding growth. Money would be required to save the club in the event of administration.

e) Cultivate a liberal non litigious philosophy friendly to local businesses with charitable and social partnerships.

f) Take part in loan notes if possible Press to be involved for better returns

g) Re engage with the local figures that have done so much for the club in the past.

h) Encourage new younger members with one VIP seat given up to a new young member each game . More in accordance with the club.

The Trust only ever invested £200k. It has been a staggering success story but the organisation lost its way.

If the club can be promoted without further dilution it would be worth £22m plus £1.5m. This money is of no use if it cannot be invested. In that case consideration should be given to conversion to a different constitution but still 'not for profit'.

Where do the trust go from here ? on 19:11 - Feb 16 with 1815 viewsalltjack

Where do the trust go from here ? on 14:49 - Feb 16 by Whiterockin

This
Where do the trust go from here ? on 19:42 - Feb 16 with 1761 viewsbuilthjack

For nearly 6 years the Trust, old and new, have dithered. They have talked the talk and ended up doing nothing. They should all hang their heads in shame.
6 years.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Where do the trust go from here ? on 20:00 - Feb 16 with 1734 viewsBillyChong

The current lot are too naive to be dealing with American sharks and have no idea of the full details on the arrangements of this deal. Half of the board on the AGM last night looked asleep and those who were in the room were unable to answer the questions raised. Cries of “Confidentiality” to every question around a mandate. Why were they giving so much respect to those that have shafted the trust/fans/club, whilst completely disrespecting the trust members?
Where do the trust go from here ? on 20:07 - Feb 16 with 1710 viewsswancity

What’s the legal position in relation to the Trust board ignoring the vote and wishes of its members ?

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Where do the trust go from here ? on 21:03 - Feb 16 with 1651 viewsmajorraglan

Where do the trust go from here ? on 20:07 - Feb 16 by swancity

What’s the legal position in relation to the Trust board ignoring the vote and wishes of its members ?

Think that’s been answered on the Planet Swans thread, the Board have the legal authority to make decisions on behalf of the Trust.

I am absolutely disgusted tbh.
Where do the trust go from here ? on 21:08 - Feb 16 with 1643 viewsPawelAbbott

The Trust was heralded as, and should have been, the blueprint for how football clubs should be run. Its a very sad day for football in general when the poster boy club gives up on the whole concept.
But, much like democracy, its a very fragile thing.
Where do the trust go from here ? on 21:14 - Feb 16 with 1637 viewsguthrieintherain

Where do the trust go from here ? on 15:29 - Feb 16 by Whiterockin

Is Martin Morgan preparing the ground for a buy back?

That is my thinking as well.

If not why was Silverstein so keen to sort this dispute out?
The sellouts were being taken to court not the club.

Getting ready for a sale maybe?

Where is the 500k coming from as well is this in the form.of a loan or somewhere else
[Post edited 16 Feb 2022 21:25]

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Where do the trust go from here ? on 21:35 - Feb 16 with 1586 viewsKeithHaynes

Where do the trust go from here ? on 15:58 - Feb 16 by 3swan

Your last line says it all. Imo the marginalization of the Trust started when the club stopped fans joining along with their season tickets purchase. Fans could opt out if they wanted, but that to me was a clear message that the Trust was not viewed as a worthwhile shareholder.

Nobody does these things for nothing that’s for sure.

Where do the trust go from here ? on 21:58 - Feb 16 with 1556 viewsReslovenSwan1

Where do the trust go from here ? on 21:14 - Feb 16 by guthrieintherain

Where is the 500k coming from as well is this in the form.of a loan or somewhere else

Silverstein wants to own a share of the club. If this is done by issuing him new shares the money goes to the club and increases its strength and value. It also pays for much needed maintenance. The money is valuable to Mr Winter and Mr Allen.

If the Trust had gone to court and won the Trust's shares would be sold to the Club owners by force of law and the issue of new shares most likely cancelled.

The colleagues of Mr Silverstein would have wanted him to join them in buying the Trust's shares instead of new shares. In this case they would need to find £8m not £21m.

Because no new shares would be issued Mr Winter and the club would have a £13m debt to pay back to a new debtor. Someone like Mr Dell who charged Burnley 9% not 5%.

The wailing tearful losers of the Trust did not take into account these considerations. Their target were the sellers. The US people possibly "persuaded " the sellers to contribute to the CLN and pay off the Trust in a some form of 'understanding' with new sponsors for the stadium thrown in. A beautiful process has just occurred.

The losers from this process can just go somewhere else and preferably stay well away from the club for good. They needed to go and a fellow from Denver Colorado was needed to sort out the mess. Te Convertible loan note was a masterstoke and blew away the narrative of Yankee asset strippers.

A legal win for the trust would have has serious financial problems for the club. Their defenders indicated it was not their problem. They lost claiming "betrayal" again. It is fake as was the initial so called sellout in 2016. There my have been something in it but it could have been sorted then and there not 6 years later.

This story would make a great PhD Thesis.

Where do the trust go from here ? on 22:00 - Feb 16 with 1552 viewsBillyChong

Where do the trust go from here ? on 21:14 - Feb 16 by guthrieintherain

Yes the club making a statement was odd yesterday. The £500k is apparently coming from the sellouts.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024