Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust meeting tonight 20:37 - Feb 17 with 6432 viewsKeithHaynes

Plenty of opinions from those who have never done anything.
Makes me laugh.
A lot.
Criticising from a position of after the event.
When at the end of the day they did nothing in the first place.

Mind you half of those that did ...

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Trust meeting tonight on 20:48 - Feb 17 with 2820 viewsDr_Winston

People can argue the toss about how good a deal it was.

Personally I think it was terrible, but then again, I'd have done my absolute best to avoid legal action in the first place. For all the talk about how it was never the club in the crosshairs, you can't possibly take action against the current and former owners without dragging the club into it. I get why the decision was made, even if I don't agree with it.

There are however a lot of people gobbing off who'd never have had the stones to put themselves in the position to have to make those kind of decisions. Plenty of them on here.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Trust meeting tonight on 21:18 - Feb 17 with 2748 viewsChief

The fact is though that the most vociferous of voices at tonight's meeting were ones who have served their time on the trust board and have done the hard yards throughout all this scandal.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Trust meeting tonight on 21:43 - Feb 17 with 2663 viewsDr_Parnassus

I think that is a fair point if we are talking about a lack of ability or incompetence. These guys aren't professionals at the end of the day. So while frustrating at times, certainly not something we can blame them for personally.

But what has been revealed is something far more sinister, people making decisions to preserve their personal privileges at the cost of the club and the supporters. This is the direct revelation of the old chairman. We used to make those observations and they were denied all those years ago, turns out they were correct.

To take this deal (hard to even call it that really, as it is anything but a deal) without the permission of the membership is completely shocking. I am yet to make my mind up what category that falls into, incompetence or again the desire to preserve personal privileges.

It was also revealed this week how one board member resigned because she wasn't allowed in the box at the QPR game and then stood again when those that made that decision left.

The next revelation that sits uncomfortably with me, although still reading and digesting this, is that the 500k is coming from the sellouts?

Something stinks, it really does.

Criticising after the event is all anyone can do, as nobody was told it was happening until it was signed and sealed - despite the member mandate to be to peruse legal action.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Trust meeting tonight on 22:27 - Feb 17 with 2542 viewsChief

Trust meeting tonight on 21:43 - Feb 17 by Dr_Parnassus

I think that is a fair point if we are talking about a lack of ability or incompetence. These guys aren't professionals at the end of the day. So while frustrating at times, certainly not something we can blame them for personally.

But what has been revealed is something far more sinister, people making decisions to preserve their personal privileges at the cost of the club and the supporters. This is the direct revelation of the old chairman. We used to make those observations and they were denied all those years ago, turns out they were correct.

To take this deal (hard to even call it that really, as it is anything but a deal) without the permission of the membership is completely shocking. I am yet to make my mind up what category that falls into, incompetence or again the desire to preserve personal privileges.

It was also revealed this week how one board member resigned because she wasn't allowed in the box at the QPR game and then stood again when those that made that decision left.

The next revelation that sits uncomfortably with me, although still reading and digesting this, is that the 500k is coming from the sellouts?

Something stinks, it really does.

Criticising after the event is all anyone can do, as nobody was told it was happening until it was signed and sealed - despite the member mandate to be to peruse legal action.

Yes supposedly the 500k is coming from the sellouts.

The extra 1.5mill upon promotion has no confirmed source yet.

But it's difficult to take anything as gospel, they seem so clueless to the deal they've signed.

Trust meeting tonight on 22:32 - Feb 17 with 2532 viewsReslovenSwan1

Trust meeting tonight on 22:27 - Feb 17 by Chief

Yes supposedly the 500k is coming from the sellouts.

The extra 1.5mill upon promotion has no confirmed source yet.

But it's difficult to take anything as gospel, they seem so clueless to the deal they've signed.

What they are getting tonight would be child's play compared with the best legal minds Mr Kaplan can buy I would imagine. Think about it.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2022 22:34]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Trust meeting tonight on 22:37 - Feb 17 with 2508 viewsChief

Trust meeting tonight on 22:32 - Feb 17 by ReslovenSwan1

What they are getting tonight would be child's play compared with the best legal minds Mr Kaplan can buy I would imagine. Think about it.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2022 22:34]

What are they getting tonight?

Trust meeting tonight on 23:36 - Feb 17 with 2419 viewsReslovenSwan1

Trust meeting tonight on 22:37 - Feb 17 by Chief

What are they getting tonight?

A hard time judging by Builth's thread.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Trust meeting tonight on 23:42 - Feb 17 with 2411 viewsDr_Parnassus

Trust meeting tonight on 23:36 - Feb 17 by ReslovenSwan1

I am pretty sure they wouldn't have been representing themselves somehow

Login to get fewer ads

Trust meeting tonight on 05:17 - Feb 18 with 2270 views73__73

Not everyone Keith can or want to get involved in the shambles that some people including myself saw coming over 3 years ago. That doesn’t mean they can’t have an opinion on this subject.

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Trust meeting tonight on 06:57 - Feb 18 with 2256 viewsChief

Trust meeting tonight on 23:36 - Feb 17 by ReslovenSwan1

And this lot weren't involved around the time of the sale so wouldn't be involved in the case either. It's not like any of them would get called to the stand.

But the ones giving them the hard time would.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2022 6:59]

Trust meeting tonight on 09:09 - Feb 18 with 2129 viewsCatullus

I gave up on the trust a fair while back. I had what I shall only call reservations about how things were run.

I look at what I know of this deal and it looks wrong but I'm no expert. it seems like a sell out to me, going against members wishes and in secret is plain wrong.

It looks very much like the actions of the self interested preserving their status or benefits but again, what do I know?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Trust meeting tonight on 09:44 - Feb 18 with 2081 viewsKeithHaynes

As an aside, I will say the integrity of Phil Sumbler was never in question, he walked twice over his unhappiness of what he was being asked to do.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Trust meeting tonight on 09:59 - Feb 18 with 2049 viewsDr_Parnassus

Trust meeting tonight on 09:44 - Feb 18 by KeithHaynes

As an aside, I will say the integrity of Phil Sumbler was never in question, he walked twice over his unhappiness of what he was being asked to do.

He walked because the Americans changed an aspect of the deal and he didn’t want to proceed where others did, but was instrumental in the push to get the original deal signed, which was only marginally better than this one.

He seemed very fortunate the Americans pulled out of that as the legacy left by that deal would have been the exact same left by this one. I made my feelings known at the time and they haven’t changed. Recent admissions that other board members were only there for the perks was flat out denied at the time, there was a duty to call them out, as I understand it some of those people are still instrumental today.

Both Trusts ignored legal advice that the organisation paid tens of thousands for and the silence from the Trust has been horrendous when there were clearly red flags and major causes for concern. I understand there are personal relationships people have with certain members but I will always call it as I see it.

Trust meeting tonight on 11:13 - Feb 18 with 1977 viewsQJumpingJack

Did anyone ask the Trust board about the comments from one of our owners in 2017 at a Trust fans forum where he announced that he been asked not to include the Trust in the negotiations? Are they aware of the comments which are available on Youtube.
Trust meeting tonight on 11:21 - Feb 18 with 1970 viewsBoundy

Trust meeting tonight on 11:13 - Feb 18 by QJumpingJack

Did anyone ask the Trust board about the comments from one of our owners in 2017 at a Trust fans forum where he announced that he been asked not to include the Trust in the negotiations? Are they aware of the comments which are available on Youtube.

IMO that door closed a long time ago , The current Board should/would have known everything which had led up to the vote including the statements made in the well published forum meeting , but THEIR chosen decision was to ignore it and the mandate for legal action.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Trust meeting tonight on 11:42 - Feb 18 with 1936 viewsmax936

Trust meeting tonight on 11:21 - Feb 18 by Boundy

IMO that door closed a long time ago , The current Board should/would have known everything which had led up to the vote including the statements made in the well published forum meeting , but THEIR chosen decision was to ignore it and the mandate for legal action.

They don't even know what they have signed up for, the Yanks haven't given them the full SP ffs Pure and utter incompetence.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Trust meeting tonight on 12:15 - Feb 18 with 1891 viewsQJumpingJack

If the Trust board are reading this thread - here is the audio from the Trust event in 2017 with the Swans owners. Worth a listen.

Trust meeting tonight on 12:35 - Feb 18 with 1867 viewsBadlands

Trust meeting tonight on 09:09 - Feb 18 by Catullus

I gave up on the trust a fair while back. I had what I shall only call reservations about how things were run.

I look at what I know of this deal and it looks wrong but I'm no expert. it seems like a sell out to me, going against members wishes and in secret is plain wrong.

It looks very much like the actions of the self interested preserving their status or benefits but again, what do I know?

I the real world it was the best they could hope for.
A competent legal team would have made mincemeat of their case. In the meantime they could have been in the position of having to offload shares at a knock down price just to pay the bills.
Perhaps it can now make a bit of an effort to support the Swans rather than itself and pander to the moaners.
Check out Bristol, £billionaire owner moaning about wages caps because of their runaway finances and lowly league position.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Trust meeting tonight on 12:37 - Feb 18 with 1864 viewsChief

Trust meeting tonight on 12:35 - Feb 18 by Badlands

I the real world it was the best they could hope for.
A competent legal team would have made mincemeat of their case. In the meantime they could have been in the position of having to offload shares at a knock down price just to pay the bills.
Perhaps it can now make a bit of an effort to support the Swans rather than itself and pander to the moaners.
Check out Bristol, £billionaire owner moaning about wages caps because of their runaway finances and lowly league position.

So you know better than a QC?

Trust meeting tonight on 12:41 - Feb 18 with 1856 viewsDr_Parnassus

Trust meeting tonight on 12:37 - Feb 18 by Chief

So you know better than a QC?

He’s trolling, he tried the same on the other thread, he’s adapted it slightly since he was called out for completely not understanding the situation in the other one.

Trust meeting tonight on 12:43 - Feb 18 with 1852 viewsmax936

Trust meeting tonight on 12:15 - Feb 18 by QJumpingJack

If the Trust board are reading this thread - here is the audio from the Trust event in 2017 with the Swans owners. Worth a listen.

Definitely, for those without agenda's of course.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Trust meeting tonight on 12:44 - Feb 18 with 1851 viewsChief

Trust meeting tonight on 12:41 - Feb 18 by Dr_Parnassus

He’s trolling, he tried the same on the other thread, he’s adapted it slightly since he was called out for completely not understanding the situation in the other one.

Not sure, I think badlands is actually biased and deluded. They slipped before to admitting they know the Americans and they have had meetings with them. Despite previous protestations that they have no relationship with anyone connected to the club.

Whenever I bring it up badlands pretends they havn't seen the post.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2022 12:57]

Trust meeting tonight on 13:09 - Feb 18 with 1820 viewsNotLoyal

The trust was chocka with self appreciating people. And one who has raised his ugly head again needs to realise his posturing is laughable.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Trust meeting tonight on 13:22 - Feb 18 with 1806 viewsDewi1jack

Trust meeting tonight on 21:18 - Feb 17 by Chief

The fact is though that the most vociferous of voices at tonight's meeting were ones who have served their time on the trust board and have done the hard yards throughout all this scandal.

And they did a wonderful job of making those leading and answering questions squirm.

Me for one was happy to let those who know what the f**k they're on about ask all the questions last night.
Learnt more from their questions that weren't answered than I'd have ever learnt "gobbing off".

Sometimes wonder why God gave some people 2 ears, when they just waste the opportunity hearing gives

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Trust meeting tonight on 14:28 - Feb 18 with 1718 viewsonehunglow

Surely to God ,we have to move on.
I was told,on request,the action was nowt to do with the club.Odd conideing it was all about the club and its sale. With that reasoning,no wonder there is so much obfuscation .
It was all about justice for those who wouldn't have wanted the sale. What a bluddy mess.

To be told by Barrister there is a very good case would for me been enough to run for the hills. Jonalot aside,the least trustworthy of any profession by a country mile.Losing the case was possible,not probably granted,but Court rooms are arcane places where the rules are a mystery to us "ordinary" folk.

This action would have been a disaster for the club IMO as it would have been big football news that would have scred off prospective buyers. Just who would buy a club where even the owners and trust do not trust each other and tab each other in the back Sicilian style.

I'm on my own here,not that that bothers me but our club 's future is all about to whom it is sold.

Nobody out there,not even Lisa ,knows exactly what to do or to believe such subtefuge is rampant at the club.

I always feel for Russy.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024