Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today's game. 18:34 - Mar 5 with 11124 views14bowlers

Absolutely bloody awful performance.
Could not make the game, but watched on TV.
No idea, no passion, stupid mistakes again, playing a left footed has been at right fullback, what more to complain about . I am at a point now, where we need to change something, manager maybe, not my choice to be clear, but it is not working.
Disolutioned.
Today's game. on 09:47 - Mar 7 with 2613 viewsDale_4_Life

Today's game. on 09:53 - Mar 6 by RotherhamDale

Not McNulty at right centre back... I can't believe its 2022 and that has happened.

I'd have Kelly in midfield over Dooley for a tough away match... and Campbell was so isolated up front he may as well have sat on the bus. The shape doesn't work and hasn't done all season, but he appears to be too stubborn to change it

I too am more than frustrated at a shape / formation and tactics that on occasions (more often than not) makes us look dreadful. Even picking a point or 3 up should not mask that this team is setting up for a dour watch.
Today's game. on 11:46 - Mar 7 with 2379 viewsD_Alien

Today's game. on 09:47 - Mar 7 by Dale_4_Life

I too am more than frustrated at a shape / formation and tactics that on occasions (more often than not) makes us look dreadful. Even picking a point or 3 up should not mask that this team is setting up for a dour watch.

Were we dour in the win against Northampton just over a week ago? Quite a few people posted they found it entertaining. How can we be entertaining if we're "setting up for a dour watch"?

Something clicked against Northampton. Players found form, and their passes found Dale shirts. That's what can happen in football, or the reverse, for lots of different reasons. What we're lacking - and it's been acknowledged by RS - is consistency

Two defeats since then, mainly due to individual errors, have dampened spirits again, and that'll include the players whose confidence is obviously on the fragile side. So should RS lay into them, probably damaging it even more? Or seek to work to improve them, which will take time, patience and support

RS has mine, and i'll continue to reserve overall judgement until towards the end of this calendar year when he'll have had 18 months in charge

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Today's game. on 12:32 - Mar 7 with 2286 viewsDale_4_Life

Imo it was a little dour even the 1-0 win v Northampton.

Efficient yes and sometimes a win is everything but generally I don't think we currently have a sincilating brand of football - even in victory. RS is learning I accept that and of course he has my support in this tough relegation battle we are now back in.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2022 13:25]
Today's game. on 12:40 - Mar 7 with 2257 viewskel

Today's game. on 09:47 - Mar 7 by Dale_4_Life

Apologies, marked your post down by mistake.
Today's game. on 13:05 - Mar 7 with 2190 views49thseason

Today's game. on 11:46 - Mar 7 by D_Alien

Were we dour in the win against Northampton just over a week ago? Quite a few people posted they found it entertaining. How can we be entertaining if we're "setting up for a dour watch"?

Something clicked against Northampton. Players found form, and their passes found Dale shirts. That's what can happen in football, or the reverse, for lots of different reasons. What we're lacking - and it's been acknowledged by RS - is consistency

Two defeats since then, mainly due to individual errors, have dampened spirits again, and that'll include the players whose confidence is obviously on the fragile side. So should RS lay into them, probably damaging it even more? Or seek to work to improve them, which will take time, patience and support

RS has mine, and i'll continue to reserve overall judgement until towards the end of this calendar year when he'll have had 18 months in charge

I think we are at the stage where Stockdale should probably give the players a few days off for some R and R. KH and Flitcroft would probably have organised a night out with a stripper! Sometimes a short break is good for everyone, its an escape from the daily grind and a chance to do some personal reflection for the staff as much as the players. Tuesdays and Saturdays for weeks on end isnt easy, so much has already been admitted, so a break from training for a couple of days is well worth trying.
Today's game. on 13:29 - Mar 7 with 2141 viewsDale_4_Life

3 points on Saturday would be a welcome form of relief in a big game - a true 6 pointer. Happy to take dour and a win Saturday. There is a team in there for sure just looks like they are under instruction to play this way. Will be interesting to see if the players respond blood and thunder Saturday.

UTDNFS
Today's game. on 14:25 - Mar 7 with 2032 viewsDaleiLama

If we get a bunch of secondary school girls cheering us on, it shouldn't be dour at all!

We need Cashman to make a cameo at this one - I'm lead to believe that the girls like a Grealish look-alike. Might encourage a few to come back again?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Today's game. on 14:42 - Mar 7 with 1992 viewsmingthemerciless

That’ll bring the school boys in as well.
Login to get fewer ads

Today's game. on 17:42 - Mar 7 with 1792 viewssamueloneils

I find the obsession with the defence worrying. Yes its not great, but it is the midfield and attack which is stopping us scoring goals.

3 points for a win: 1point for a draw. Its goals that will keep us out of danger.

Accepting Campbell is very slow and struggles to control the ball and rarely gets anywhere near a header, there are 2 options. Give him some support or replace him. At this stage surely the first option. So Charman- its never been been really tried so far. We won the only game he started.

Why do we persist in trying to attack down the middle against sold central defenders? Sutton the latest example.

We have plenty of wide players in Odoh, Newby, O Keeffe and Clark. Keep them wide. Perm 3 from 4 and bring back Kelly with Ball supporting.

3 at the back with instructions to push up wherever possible. Keohane, O Connell and Dorsett.

Lynch and Coleman to have catching training.

Tough on Grant who was the best player against Sutton, but definitely needed at some stage.

We would ship some goals for sure but I would expect us to score as well.

Draws from the next 8 home games will not suffice.
Today's game. on 17:54 - Mar 7 with 1751 viewsrichfoad32

Today's game. on 17:42 - Mar 7 by samueloneils

I find the obsession with the defence worrying. Yes its not great, but it is the midfield and attack which is stopping us scoring goals.

3 points for a win: 1point for a draw. Its goals that will keep us out of danger.

Accepting Campbell is very slow and struggles to control the ball and rarely gets anywhere near a header, there are 2 options. Give him some support or replace him. At this stage surely the first option. So Charman- its never been been really tried so far. We won the only game he started.

Why do we persist in trying to attack down the middle against sold central defenders? Sutton the latest example.

We have plenty of wide players in Odoh, Newby, O Keeffe and Clark. Keep them wide. Perm 3 from 4 and bring back Kelly with Ball supporting.

3 at the back with instructions to push up wherever possible. Keohane, O Connell and Dorsett.

Lynch and Coleman to have catching training.

Tough on Grant who was the best player against Sutton, but definitely needed at some stage.

We would ship some goals for sure but I would expect us to score as well.

Draws from the next 8 home games will not suffice.

We scored both goals to beat Scunny in the second half after Charman was pulled at halftime, so his impact on the win was minimal. I agree that he should be given another go though, I don't buy all this 'getting up to fitness' stuff. He's been here six weeks and was playing a perfectly decent standard of football beforehand, how much longer does he need?

Edit: I thought Grant was poor against Sutton. Then again everybody was, so maybe he was the best player?
[Post edited 7 Mar 2022 17:58]
Today's game. on 19:44 - Mar 7 with 1540 viewspioneer

Today's game. on 11:46 - Mar 7 by D_Alien

IHes I think you might beright about the confidence being fragile. Thats why I was surprised about his public comment about kittens after saturdays game. There is no problem with constructive criticism of players and performances but I think comments like that undermine confidence and can risk him losing support of the players. It was no doubt born out of frustration but it did seem to be a change in his approach. Its a fine line between criticism and insults, and what matters is not how they were intended, but how they were received.
Today's game. on 22:07 - Mar 8 with 1193 viewsEllDale

I don’t know if this puts Saturday’s result into some sort of perspective but Sutton have reached the final of the Papa Johns Trophy tonight by winning on penalties at Wigan.
Today's game. on 22:12 - Mar 8 with 1182 viewsD_Alien

Today's game. on 22:07 - Mar 8 by EllDale

I don’t know if this puts Saturday’s result into some sort of perspective but Sutton have reached the final of the Papa Johns Trophy tonight by winning on penalties at Wigan.

Wigan, looking a great bet for promotion to the Championship, beaten at home by "Sooty & Sweep"

How embarrassing...

[Post edited 8 Mar 2022 22:12]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Today's game. on 22:19 - Mar 8 with 1155 viewsDaleiLama

Today's game. on 19:44 - Mar 7 by pioneer

IHes I think you might beright about the confidence being fragile. Thats why I was surprised about his public comment about kittens after saturdays game. There is no problem with constructive criticism of players and performances but I think comments like that undermine confidence and can risk him losing support of the players. It was no doubt born out of frustration but it did seem to be a change in his approach. Its a fine line between criticism and insults, and what matters is not how they were intended, but how they were received.

It is indeed a fine line between the carrot and the stick and when to use each. Our L2 survival may depend on it.

We aren't a poor enough team to go down this season despite some relegation-standard performances. Our record against better L2 clubs speaks to this. Robbie's ability to motivate this squad to achieve its potential will determine his and our future.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Today's game. on 22:55 - Mar 8 with 1120 viewsTVOS1907

Today's game. on 22:07 - Mar 8 by EllDale

It doesn't put our performance on Saturday into any sort of perspective.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024