Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football Fans for C4 documentary! 13:22 - May 23 with 2561 viewsmollys

I am looking for a group of 4/5 fans to join me this Sunday afternoon as part of a C4 documentary.

We are working with an artist called Grayson Perry who is making a series of portraits of modern Britain.

One of his portraits has about 100 people from a cross section of British society, we want some football fans to be included as football is very important to so many people in Britain.

Please contact mollyschneider@senecaproductions.com to find out more

Thanks
Football Fans for C4 documentary! on 13:28 - May 23 with 2036 viewsingeminate

Unless you want especially miserable ones you are better off looking elsewhere.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Football Fans for C4 documentary! on 13:31 - May 23 with 2018 viewsJuzzie

Cheese?

Football Fans for C4 documentary! on 13:32 - May 23 with 2014 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Football Fans for C4 documentary! on 13:28 - May 23 by ingeminate

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Football Fans for C4 documentary! on 13:36 - May 23 with 1998 viewsKonk

It was always my dream to be a football fan/hooligan extra in The Bill or Casualty — singing “Here we go” whilst skipping through the streets wearing a red and white striped bobble hat and scarf before having some sort of massive, playground bundle/pile-on when another load of extras in blue striped bobble hats and scarves appeared from round the corner. People go on about The Wire, but that shi t was real. They must have had Doug and Eddie Brimson on board as consultants.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Football Fans for C4 documentary! on 13:38 - May 23 with 1993 viewsMytch_QPR

"An artist called Grayson Perry" - we're a cultured lot on this forum, you know, and therefore very familiar with Grayson and his alter ego.

It's a great opportunity for some, sadly I'm having lunch round at Michael Landy's semi.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Football Fans for C4 documentary! on 13:46 - May 23 with 1965 viewsTW_R

Football Fans for C4 documentary! on 13:28 - May 23 by ingeminate

Well Grayson does like cross dressing......
Football Fans for C4 documentary! on 13:55 - May 23 with 1933 viewsPommyhoop

Football Fans for C4 documentary! on 13:36 - May 23 by Konk

It was always my dream to be a football fan/hooligan extra in The Bill or Casualty — singing “Here we go” whilst skipping through the streets wearing a red and white striped bobble hat and scarf before having some sort of massive, playground bundle/pile-on when another load of extras in blue striped bobble hats and scarves appeared from round the corner. People go on about The Wire, but that shi t was real. They must have had Doug and Eddie Brimson on board as consultants.

You 'll have to have a couple of the fans carrying footballs so the viewars know they are football hooligans and not rowdy carol singers.And dont forget only one or two can sing 'Here we go ' because an extra with dialogue gets double bubble

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Football Fans for C4 documentary! on 14:00 - May 23 with 1909 viewsbishom

Finney will do it!

Bishom

Login to get fewer ads

Football Fans for C4 documentary! on 14:03 - May 23 with 1900 viewshoof_hearted

I've got a mate from our club that says he'll do it for 50 large in the name of Rosie47.

Mum's the word.
Football Fans for C4 documentary! on 14:10 - May 23 with 1882 viewswombat

Football Fans for C4 documentary! on 14:03 - May 23 by hoof_hearted

I've got a mate from our club that says he'll do it for 50 large in the name of Rosie47.

Mum's the word.

holloway will do it , you dont mind a beating his meat into a tupperwear container while wearing a blue and white bobble hat !!

it would add depth to the picture im sure

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Football Fans for C4 documentary! on 14:16 - May 23 with 1869 viewsloftboy

Football Fans for C4 documentary! on 13:36 - May 23 by Konk

They did a scene like that on grange hill outside loftus rd, early 80's when no one wore colours if you were a hooligan yet this well researched scene had two sets of fans in red/white and blue/white stripey bobble hats and scarves!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Football Fans for C4 documentary! on 14:20 - May 23 with 1858 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I'm in Green Streets......

As a Birmingham fan

Football Fans for C4 documentary! on 14:32 - May 23 with 1829 viewsPommyhoop

Football Fans for C4 documentary! on 14:33 - May 23 with 1827 viewsKonk

Football Fans for C4 documentary! on 14:16 - May 23 by loftboy

They did a scene like that on grange hill outside loftus rd, early 80's when no one wore colours if you were a hooligan yet this well researched scene had two sets of fans in red/white and blue/white stripey bobble hats and scarves!

I think if they went down the casual route, there would be a lot of very confused people sat at home wondering what was going on and who was who. This is definitely the way to do it.

Rule No.1 of Football Fight club: All football hooligans wear red/blue and white striped bobble hats and bar scarves.

Rule No.2 of Football Fight club: Football hooligans must always be singing, “Here we go, here we go, here we go” — right up to the very minute when the first pushing and shoving starts.

Rule No.3 of Football Fight club: Anyone injured in the bundle has to limp about with their arm round their mate’s shoulder looking like some poor bugger with his leg blown off in the Napoleonic wars (anyone with experience of working as an extra in “Sharpe” would be ideal for this role).

Football Fans for C4 documentary! on 14:38 - May 23 with 1806 viewsKonk

Football Fans for C4 documentary! on 14:20 - May 23 by Metallica_Hoop

As a Birmingham fan

It took me about fourteen goes to watch that film all the way through. It's genuinely shocking. Everyone involved should be barred from working in the entertainment industry and forced to apologise in person to every poor bas tard that ever sat down and tried to watch that sh it. Failing that, the least the studio could do is destroy all copies of the film. It's not even so bad it's funny. It's just offensively sh it on every level. And that bloke's fu cking East London accent?! If he'd been some A-Lister, you could understand them overlooking the accent, but he was gash and his accent made me want to throw stuff at the telly. Having said that, I thought the Zulu extras were superb.

ID - now there's a film that got it right: fire-eaters in the firm's main pub. Always the first indicator that you've walked into the wrong boozer at an away game. That and stilt-walkers and blokes on unicycles. It's little details like that which make it so authentic.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Football Fans for C4 documentary! on 14:38 - May 23 with 1801 viewsTacticalR

As a Birmingham fan

Is that the movie otherwise known as 'Frodo goes to football'?

Air hostess clique

Football Fans for C4 documentary! on 14:39 - May 23 with 1798 viewsloftboy

Football Fans for C4 documentary! on 14:33 - May 23 by Konk

I think if they went down the casual route, there would be a lot of very confused people sat at home wondering what was going on and who was who. This is definitely the way to do it.

Rule No.1 of Football Fight club: All football hooligans wear red/blue and white striped bobble hats and bar scarves.

Rule No.2 of Football Fight club: Football hooligans must always be singing, “Here we go, here we go, here we go” — right up to the very minute when the first pushing and shoving starts.

Rule No.3 of Football Fight club: Anyone injured in the bundle has to limp about with their arm round their mate’s shoulder looking like some poor bugger with his leg blown off in the Napoleonic wars (anyone with experience of working as an extra in “Sharpe” would be ideal for this role).

Brilliant Konk

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Football Fans for C4 documentary! on 14:46 - May 23 with 1773 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Football Fans for C4 documentary! on 14:38 - May 23 by Konk

It took me about fourteen goes to watch that film all the way through. It's genuinely shocking. Everyone involved should be barred from working in the entertainment industry and forced to apologise in person to every poor bas tard that ever sat down and tried to watch that sh it. Failing that, the least the studio could do is destroy all copies of the film. It's not even so bad it's funny. It's just offensively sh it on every level. And that bloke's fu cking East London accent?! If he'd been some A-Lister, you could understand them overlooking the accent, but he was gash and his accent made me want to throw stuff at the telly. Having said that, I thought the Zulu extras were superb.

ID - now there's a film that got it right: fire-eaters in the firm's main pub. Always the first indicator that you've walked into the wrong boozer at an away game. That and stilt-walkers and blokes on unicycles. It's little details like that which make it so authentic.

I've never actually watched it! Made £80 out of a nice day at West Ham though.

The big crowd scenes were done that day before.

Frodo is indeed TINY. (well stood next to me)

0:41 Seconds *disclaimer* that blue jacket is a prop as they didn't think I looked like a 'Football fan' in my leather jacket! *sighs*

Football Fans for C4 documentary! on 14:53 - May 23 with 1764 viewsMytch_QPR

Football Fans for C4 documentary! on 14:38 - May 23 by Konk

Is fire-eating allowed under the smoking ban? - or do you now have to do it under a primitive plastic awning next to the pub car park?

The fight rules are excellent - although they do discriminate against supporters of clubs such as Newcastle (who are forced to punch horses to let off steam), and Norwich. I suspect that Millwall fans would also need some sort of protocol, even though they spend most of the time fighting each other.

Are there any rules or regs about location? - I would have thought that railway platforms are an obvious choice.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Football Fans for C4 documentary! on 14:59 - May 23 with 1747 viewsstonebridgers

Under the rules of Mark Hughes. If you contact my agent I will interview Mr Perry to see if your project if suitable for me to appear in.

Stonebridgers

Football Fans for C4 documentary! on 15:03 - May 23 with 1737 viewsPommyhoop

Come on ,own up .Who appeared in this one?

Football Fans for C4 documentary! on 15:12 - May 23 with 1724 viewsKonk

Football Fans for C4 documentary! on 14:53 - May 23 by Mytch_QPR

Is fire-eating allowed under the smoking ban? - or do you now have to do it under a primitive plastic awning next to the pub car park?

The fight rules are excellent - although they do discriminate against supporters of clubs such as Newcastle (who are forced to punch horses to let off steam), and Norwich. I suspect that Millwall fans would also need some sort of protocol, even though they spend most of the time fighting each other.

Are there any rules or regs about location? - I would have thought that railway platforms are an obvious choice.

There’s a lot of talk about all-seater stadia, banning orders and custodial sentences leading to a decline in serious large scale disorder at the football, but like you, I think the smoking ban has paid a huge part. For a lot of the blokes into the hooligan scene, it was never about the game itself, it was never about the beer or the day out. It was always about the chance to see street performers in the pub before and after the game (as we see in the excellent “ID”). When the health and safety Nazis put an end to fire-eating in pubs, it ushered in the era of foam fingers, jester hats and face paint. I feel sorry for the kids who’ll never know the buzz of walking into a packed pub before a big game and standing round as one of the faces makes an elephant out of a balloon or pulls a pound coin out of some bloke’s ear.

As for the rules - it has to be blue/red & white stripes. And we can't have people punching horses because the tedious cun ts who ring up Points of View will go fu cking mental.

Football Fans for C4 documentary! on 15:40 - May 23 with 1694 viewstoboboly

As a Birmingham fan

They use a Brentford pub in that whilst being Hammer fans I think? Terrible film.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Football Fans for C4 documentary! on 15:46 - May 23 with 1682 viewswombat

Football Fans for C4 documentary! on 15:03 - May 23 by Pommyhoop

Come on ,own up .Who appeared in this one?

wasnt there but know who was holding the trolley

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Football Fans for C4 documentary! on 15:46 - May 23 with 1681 viewsQPunkR

Football Fans for C4 documentary! on 15:40 - May 23 by toboboly

They use a Brentford pub in that whilst being Hammer fans I think? Terrible film.

Awful, awful, inexusable film!

QPR - "shit but local"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024