Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Laudrup's Release Clause 06:33 - Sep 9 with 6216 viewsjoswan17

Following yet another bull. report from The Mirror linking Laudrup with the Benfica job yesterday, it made me think whether the £10m release clause they claim is in his contract is genuine.

If that's the case, surely we won't be losing him until next summer at the very least? No club is going to fork out that release amount, surely? Wish these silly articles would stop, already.

There once was an ugly duckling...

Laudrup's Release Clause on 06:55 - Sep 9 with 6166 viewsDyfnant

It's nearly always the Mirror. Either take it all with a pinch of salt or stop reading it

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Laudrup's Release Clause on 10:52 - Sep 9 with 5842 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Or the Western Mail Cardiff's National newpaper.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Laudrup's Release Clause on 13:04 - Sep 10 with 5376 viewsBackHeel

hope he never leaves, but we're all living in fear that he will, probably next summer. Who would you like as the next manager (realistically)?
Laudrup's Release Clause on 13:21 - Sep 10 with 5328 viewsmonmouth

We have our next manager already appointed don't we? Otherwise why would he have left his previous post? Surely succession planning was done then.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Laudrup's Release Clause on 13:47 - Sep 10 with 5279 viewsShaky

According to Wikipedia a release clause certainly exists, but they speculate it is in the region of £5m: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Laudrup#Swansea_City

However, rather than the size of the release clause, the more interesting point is that Laudrup had no obligation whatsoever to enter into the new agreement. If he had any inclination to leave the club he could easily have told the board to sod off, and stuck to the original contract making him far more attractive to potential employers. It was in reality a sort of gift (a free put option) as well as a token of affection mutually extended.

Which brings me to the second point; the widespread certainty that he is going to leave at the end of this season or the next seems to be based solely on a comment when he signed that he didn't know what he would be doing in 3 years.

This is being interpreted as the firm resolve to move on to bigger and better things, but I see it more as a relatively banal statement of fact. The future is inherently uncertain and we could all be killed by a bus, comet, thermonuclear war or something tomorrow.

The notion that he is a surefire bet to head for the exits in the near future rests on little else. Mass psychology is an interesting beast. . .

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Laudrup's Release Clause on 14:01 - Sep 10 with 5239 viewsPegojack

I would also suggest that Benfica, although a sort of big club with a famous history and a realistic chance of being in the Champions League every year, is not playing in a league which can hold a candle to the English Premier. My guess is he would only want to move to either France, Germany, Spain, Italy or another English club.

I'd put Benfica on a par with Celtic....
Laudrup's Release Clause on 14:13 - Sep 10 with 5201 viewsBackHeel

Morten's a good future option if (hoipefully he wont) ever leave

http://passingpashion.wordpress.com/2013/09/10/how-we-going-to-improve/
Laudrup's Release Clause on 16:06 - Sep 10 with 5062 viewsmonmouth

Laudrup's Release Clause on 14:13 - Sep 10 by BackHeel

Morten's a good future option if (hoipefully he wont) ever leave

http://passingpashion.wordpress.com/2013/09/10/how-we-going-to-improve/

Aye - see comment at 13.21

Login to get fewer ads

Laudrup's Release Clause on 17:49 - Sep 10 with 4950 viewsSpratty

Laudrup's Release Clause on 13:47 - Sep 10 by Shaky

According to Wikipedia a release clause certainly exists, but they speculate it is in the region of £5m: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Laudrup#Swansea_City

However, rather than the size of the release clause, the more interesting point is that Laudrup had no obligation whatsoever to enter into the new agreement. If he had any inclination to leave the club he could easily have told the board to sod off, and stuck to the original contract making him far more attractive to potential employers. It was in reality a sort of gift (a free put option) as well as a token of affection mutually extended.

Which brings me to the second point; the widespread certainty that he is going to leave at the end of this season or the next seems to be based solely on a comment when he signed that he didn't know what he would be doing in 3 years.

This is being interpreted as the firm resolve to move on to bigger and better things, but I see it more as a relatively banal statement of fact. The future is inherently uncertain and we could all be killed by a bus, comet, thermonuclear war or something tomorrow.

The notion that he is a surefire bet to head for the exits in the near future rests on little else. Mass psychology is an interesting beast. . .

Agree, said before think he wants to be totally honest and not mislead us into thinking he will be staying, when as you and he say anything could happen.

I also think he is aware of how previous managers were perceived when they left so does not want to give impressions of false promises.

But equally if things are going well or he thinks he could take us further and he and his family are happy then he could well stay.
Laudrup's Release Clause on 15:59 - Sep 11 with 4620 viewsSwanfan1

Interesting never knew this.

On 22 October 2009, Spanish media announced that Laudrup would be appointed as new manager of Spanish side Atlético Madrid, replacing the short and unsuccessful run of Abel Resino, following Atletico's 4—0 Champions League defeat at the hands of Chelsea, but Laudrup and the club weren't able to agree on terms. The day after, on 23 October, Resino was sacked and Quique Sanchez Flores was appointed as coach as second choice instead of Laudrup.

Poll: Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?.

Laudrup's Release Clause on 16:36 - Sep 11 with 4543 viewsairedale

Laudrup's Release Clause on 15:59 - Sep 11 by Swanfan1

Interesting never knew this.

On 22 October 2009, Spanish media announced that Laudrup would be appointed as new manager of Spanish side Atlético Madrid, replacing the short and unsuccessful run of Abel Resino, following Atletico's 4—0 Champions League defeat at the hands of Chelsea, but Laudrup and the club weren't able to agree on terms. The day after, on 23 October, Resino was sacked and Quique Sanchez Flores was appointed as coach as second choice instead of Laudrup.

Doesn't surprise me at all after reading about his decision not to sign for Liverpool when the contract they produced for signature differed from what had been verbally agreed earlier.

Bet my bottom dollar something like that occurred.
Laudrup's Release Clause on 18:27 - Sep 11 with 4369 viewsmawdlamjack

i think ml will stay as long as he thinks the club can progress, as soon as he thinks we can go no further he'll be away. lets all hope for steady improvement over the next few seasons.

on the northbank since 64 now languishing in the east stand

Laudrup's Release Clause on 18:47 - Sep 11 with 4337 viewstf_jack

Laudrup's Release Clause on 18:27 - Sep 11 by mawdlamjack

i think ml will stay as long as he thinks the club can progress, as soon as he thinks we can go no further he'll be away. lets all hope for steady improvement over the next few seasons.

Too true

Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Laudrup's Release Clause on 18:57 - Sep 11 with 4320 viewsmonmouth

I think the only reason he might not leave at the end of this season is if he fails and his stock crashes. He said he'd do two years, we brought in a successor for an easy handover. He will most likely do two years and then move to spain, italy, germany or arsenal.

I just intend to enjoy the time he is here and hope he is successful enough with us to genuinely contend for Barca, Real or MIlan.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024