Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can I offer some comments on today? 20:53 - Dec 22 with 3668 viewspierre91

....I've read some of the comments on here this evening and I wonder if they saw the same game as me.

Today I saw a terrific football match in which both teams went for a win from the start. Despite Everton shading the first 15m we then proceeded to edge an entertaining first half playing decent football.

We took a pounding for 20m of the 2nd half but didn't concede. Just when we were edging back into the game Coleman hit a screamer which despite being from 30yds plus still beat GT. (I'll reserve judgement on that one). Still, we fought like Tigers and got back into the game with a fortuitous leg poke around a player from DT (the butt of easy criticism on here).

Nip and tuck last part in which Barkley scored an excellent free kick for which all around me said out loud "Please GT, go a yard further left in you preparation". Sadly, here I think Gerhard was culpable because the ball was at least a yard inside his left hand post (although expertly struck).

Despite all this we still created two excellent chances - Lamah's volley brilliantly tipped over by Howard, and Vasquez's miss from Chico's head through.

We threw away a deserved point.

All this against a side that has lost just ONCE all season and has realistic chances of staying of staying in the 4th position they're in and who, incidentally, have been PL occupiers since it's inception.

We played also without at least 4, maybe 5, of our first choice players in a thrilling, entertaining match.

What do you critics want?? We are doing a decent job in the "World's Toughest League" (copyright EPL).

Perhaps we should sell our soul to a Malaysian mad man who just needs a white cat on his lap to look like Ernst Stavro Blofeld - look it up - (but with a RED home shirt tucked into his Simon Cowell-high trousers). Perhaps we should change not only our kit but our name - how does the Swansea Dogs sound? (after all the original Swansea Jack WAS a dog), and dogs are smarter than Tigers.

Perhaps we should sack our Manager (as 4 of the 9 teams below us have done), and another two might .Malky and BIG Sam are on thin ice.

Perhaps the length of this post will give you a hint that I'm mightily pissed off - NOT with our team, but with the sad sacks who come on here and call OUR OWN players "shite" and worse, as if running a team in the Premier League was as easy as it is on Championship Manager and its equivalent computer games.

I notice that they also NEVER, EVER suggest what me might do better - tactically, technically, football wise. They are more gifted at saying we need to spend money, but are reticent on the technicalities of how, who etc..

Footballers, even in the modern age, don't grow on trees and can't just be plucked from the branches. ( ask Ian Moody).

OH, I'll tell you what - I'll just support MY club through thick and thin. That doesn't mean I can't criticise, suggest, talk about, encourage, feel rotten etc etc etc ....and all the other emotions that come from being a Swans fan.

Hey whingers, here comes the blasphemy - you know what, even if we're RELEGATED (the dreaded R word) I may not be the picture of contentment but I'll STILL BLOODY SUPPORT MY CLUB, and I'll be back next year too, God willing.

Do you wanna' know why?? Because I'm a bloody Swansea City FAN - and that's what fans do.
Can I offer some comments on today? on 20:55 - Dec 22 with 3645 viewsDarran

Good postings Pete.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Can I offer some comments on today? on 21:10 - Dec 22 with 3585 viewsdgt73

I personally didn't think it was s good game, we are definitely missing something. But still this is the PL and we are still doing ok.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Can I offer some comments on today? on 21:15 - Dec 22 with 3551 viewsDaithejack

Careful mate thats a far to sensible and balanced view of things.

Poll: Shelvey's Goal, Best Swans goal ever?

Can I offer some comments on today? on 21:20 - Dec 22 with 3501 viewsepaul

The voice of reason Pete my friend, well said

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Can I offer some comments on today? on 21:26 - Dec 22 with 3467 viewsblaine_scfc

I don't think we played poorly today, Everton are a better side than us, and beat us with two moments of quality, no disgrace in that.

On to the season as a whole, I will just say what I see, and from what I have seen of us this year, I don't believe we will get to 40 points, I have said that from very early on in season and there is nothing in recent performances that will change my opinion. This relatively safe mid table position we are currently in can change very quickly. I don't expect us to get anything in our remaining games in December and to be brutally honest I don't think this team has it in them to grind out results when things aren't going our way.
Can I offer some comments on today? on 21:38 - Dec 22 with 3427 viewsunion_jack

I haven't noticed too many acerbic comments today just ones laced with disappointment in some players' performances and team tactics as a whole.
I don 't quite understand what you mean. Although you make some good points you say you don 't like the criticism some of us give but say that you are open to criticizing the team.
You see, you may have a different perception of today's game and noticed different aspects of it. Because someone criticisms Tremmel or Vaquez or Bony - are they not entitled to do so because although it is their opinion a) it doesn't agree with yours and b) it is negative not positive?
Serious and non-aggressive comment on my part.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Can I offer some comments on today? on 21:43 - Dec 22 with 3388 viewsAndy1300

Can I offer some comments on today? on 21:38 - Dec 22 by union_jack

I haven't noticed too many acerbic comments today just ones laced with disappointment in some players' performances and team tactics as a whole.
I don 't quite understand what you mean. Although you make some good points you say you don 't like the criticism some of us give but say that you are open to criticizing the team.
You see, you may have a different perception of today's game and noticed different aspects of it. Because someone criticisms Tremmel or Vaquez or Bony - are they not entitled to do so because although it is their opinion a) it doesn't agree with yours and b) it is negative not positive?
Serious and non-aggressive comment on my part.

I thought we witnessed a good game today, we were beaten by 2 great goals.

Nothing more to say

Number 1 team in Wales

Can I offer some comments on today? on 21:50 - Dec 22 with 3349 viewsunion_jack

Can I offer some comments on today? on 21:43 - Dec 22 by Andy1300

I thought we witnessed a good game today, we were beaten by 2 great goals.

Nothing more to say

No argument then.
I thought it was a good game and I too believed we were beaten by two good goals. I also thought we were beaten by the better team.
However, there were some poor performances that were below standard.
My point to the op is that people see different things and deal with disappointment in differing ways.
How are people supposed to criticise? There's no one set format. Some are just disappointed but we all have the same desire as I've said a number of times on this board today.

(These posts take so long to write due to the spellcheck which changes words it shouldn't!!!)

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Login to get fewer ads

Can I offer some comments on today? on 21:56 - Dec 22 with 3320 viewsJokeren1943

We were playing proberly 2-3th best team in the Premier League today. We did okay but not more.
Can I offer some comments on today? on 21:59 - Dec 22 with 3297 viewsDarran

Can I offer some comments on today? on 21:56 - Dec 22 by Jokeren1943

We were playing proberly 2-3th best team in the Premier League today. We did okay but not more.

Not a bad post Joke but if your man Tremmell had positioned himself a bit better for the free kick we'd have done more than okay.
Agree?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Can I offer some comments on today? on 22:17 - Dec 22 with 3253 viewsVetchitBack

Where to start?

It was not a terrific match. It became a good match at the end.

"Fought like Tigers" Ben, Jonjo, Ash and possibly a few others.

"PL occupiers since it's inception" Possibly THE most irrelevant comment I've ever seen post-match.

Can't speak for other critics but I want my players to work harder. Bad passing, bad most things I can take (have took many times since the 90s) but a lack of effort, a lack of determination I can't abide. We didn't use to have talented players but the effort was self-evident so I didn't criticise as they were doing their best

As for tactics I want us to close teams down at the first opportunity. It's this bizarre lethargy that seems to affect us under Laudrup evident both this season and last that I can't understand. I think it is probably tactical plus picking weak players like Hernandez and De Guzman.

The inference that the blind-praisers are better fans is madness. This is a forum. It's not The Liberty, twitter, a players' living room.

PS - fan of your blog.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Can I offer some comments on today? on 10:48 - Dec 23 with 3024 viewsDaneloCruz

Excellent Post! Saw the game live and we had our chances; Rutledge, Vasquez, Hernandez, Lamah. Everton capitalized on their chances. IMHO Gt got caught on 1st goal he was anticipating a cross rather than preparing for a long distance shot from a bad angle. 2nd goal was a nice free kick but savable.
Can I offer some comments on today? on 10:53 - Dec 23 with 3007 viewsperchrockjack

Yeah great post ,not sure which one though.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Can I offer some comments on today? on 12:03 - Dec 23 with 2928 viewsDaneloCruz

Can I offer some comments on today? on 10:53 - Dec 23 by perchrockjack

Yeah great post ,not sure which one though.

Sorry I was referring to Pierre99's initial post.
Can I offer some comments on today? on 12:04 - Dec 23 with 2919 viewsperchrockjack

Don't be.I was being facetious .Apologies.
Pierres wasn't IMO

Can I offer some comments on today? on 12:11 - Dec 23 with 2889 viewsrockin

I think it's fair to say we deserved to lose and that there were areas of the game we could develop significantly.
Can I offer some comments on today? on 12:17 - Dec 23 with 2869 viewsperchrockjack

No we didn't deserve to lose. We had good chances to get a deserved draw but again had players who screw up.
Overall it wasnt that bad a show as a whole.
Im pleased,as

Can I offer some comments on today? on 12:17 - Dec 23 with 2867 viewsperchrockjack

No we didn't deserve to lose. We had good chances to get a deserved draw but again had players who screw up.
Overall it wasnt that bad a show as a whole.
Im pleased,as said before that CANAS is stepping up .

Can I offer some comments on today? on 12:22 - Dec 23 with 2853 viewsrockin

I think we did, I'm not saying we were poor but I think Everton were superior.
Can I offer some comments on today? on 13:29 - Dec 23 with 2802 viewsGretsch

A good post that, you should write a column after every game.

I am getting a bit pissed with some of the doom and gloomers, who are entitled to therir opinions, but I am sure some would not be happy unless, we win every game by 3 or 4 goals, dont conceed, EVER, every player has to get stuck in on every tackle, but be careful dont get sent off, run up and down the field after every ball irrespective of position (a la kids fottie when they start off), never mis control a ball, pass slightly off course, shoot over, miss, show dissent. The perfect team. And a perfect manager of course.

I think many would be pissed off if they didnt have something negative to shout.
Can I offer some comments on today? on 16:37 - Dec 23 with 2680 viewsmidswan

Can I offer some comments on today? on 13:29 - Dec 23 by Gretsch

A good post that, you should write a column after every game.

I am getting a bit pissed with some of the doom and gloomers, who are entitled to therir opinions, but I am sure some would not be happy unless, we win every game by 3 or 4 goals, dont conceed, EVER, every player has to get stuck in on every tackle, but be careful dont get sent off, run up and down the field after every ball irrespective of position (a la kids fottie when they start off), never mis control a ball, pass slightly off course, shoot over, miss, show dissent. The perfect team. And a perfect manager of course.

I think many would be pissed off if they didnt have something negative to shout.

There is no place on here for such lucid musings....
Can I offer some comments on today? on 18:24 - Dec 23 with 2561 viewssomersetsimon

Can I offer some comments on today? on 21:26 - Dec 22 by blaine_scfc

I don't think we played poorly today, Everton are a better side than us, and beat us with two moments of quality, no disgrace in that.

On to the season as a whole, I will just say what I see, and from what I have seen of us this year, I don't believe we will get to 40 points, I have said that from very early on in season and there is nothing in recent performances that will change my opinion. This relatively safe mid table position we are currently in can change very quickly. I don't expect us to get anything in our remaining games in December and to be brutally honest I don't think this team has it in them to grind out results when things aren't going our way.

I was at the match and I thought that Everton were generally better all over the pitch, but they didn't ever really look like hurting us. Their two goals and the only other good chance they had all came from long shots.
I can accept being beaten by a good team who a 3rd in the league. However, the manner of the defeat annoyed me. We didn't try to close them down at all and just looked we were strolling around when Everton had the ball. The two goals came from players running with the ball from a long way out without anyone making a challenge.
We only started to press when we went a goal down and when we did this, we looked the better team. Why can't we do this earlier in the game?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024