Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chairman statement 16:54 - Sep 9 with 2224 viewsthrillseeker

http://www.cu-fc.com/news/article/colchester-united-robbie-cowling-2678367.aspx

Some of it embarrassing whilst highly amusing at the same time.

If he has a pair he should remove them from Hume's mouth and remove him as manager
Chairman statement on 17:27 - Sep 9 with 2201 viewsBarsidepete

From the BBC, Thrillo:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34201186

"No sack the manager pills" ..

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Chairman statement on 17:48 - Sep 9 with 2193 viewsTheOldOakTree

Is this some bizarre form of Chairman's vote of confidence in the manager? I hope so.

Whatever it is I feel a little nauseous.

I wonder if Robbie was to research his family tree he would find a relative that was in the Titanic Orchestra.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2015 17:52]
Chairman statement on 18:18 - Sep 9 with 2175 viewsthrillseeker

Chairman statement on 17:27 - Sep 9 by Barsidepete

From the BBC, Thrillo:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34201186

"No sack the manager pills" ..

The BBC for some reason decline to mention the balls and gonads section of the statement
Chairman statement on 18:32 - Sep 9 with 2165 viewsTheOldOakTree

Chairman statement on 18:18 - Sep 9 by thrillseeker

The BBC for some reason decline to mention the balls and gonads section of the statement

I'm not surprised the BBC left out the bit about Gonads, I also found his English quite poor.

Why say "who clearly have larger gonads than I do"

when "who clearly have larger gonads than I" sounds so much better.
Chairman statement on 19:29 - Sep 9 with 2140 viewsLeadbelly

Use of English and attempts at "man of the people" comedy aside what the chairman is saying is that Humes is the right man for the job as far as he's concerned and we better accept that.

Whilst I agree with much of what was said about the nature of the club and its long term survival I can't agree with the idea that anything is possible through hard work. I trained very hard in my earlier years but was still crap at football, still couldn't bowl anything above military medium and never managed to touch the hoop let alone dunk a basketball. The problem was inate ineptitude. Hard work gets you only so far but combined with ability you can do anything. I don't doubt TH works hard but...

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Chairman statement on 20:58 - Sep 9 with 2110 viewswessex_exile

Okay, leaving aside the fact that counter to the wishes of many he's not planning to immediately sack the manager, I've actually got no problem at all with his statement. Yeah, the grammar could be tighter, and we might wince at a chairman saying 'gonads', but the fact is Robbie is a barrow-boy football supporting sort of chairman at heart, so I can forgive him that. Unfortunately, he has now provided plenty of ammunition to those who want him gone too (without, obviously, the faintest clue who would replace him and his investment), and doubly so if Tony Humes doesn't repay the dreaded vote of confidence with results, and Robbie inevitably has to sack him anyway.

Ho hum, who'd be a multi-millionaire, must suck...

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Chairman statement on 21:00 - Sep 9 with 2110 viewsbwildered

The chairman is not for turning .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Chairman statement on 21:23 - Sep 9 with 2102 viewsjohnnyboy53

Simple.......... Perhaps I should not use this phase again but.... I fear we shall "Suck and see" then find we only have half a season left to save us, with a new manager come January!

Poll: Are we turning the corner?

Login to get fewer ads

Chairman statement on 21:24 - Sep 9 with 2100 viewswessex_exile

Chairman statement on 21:00 - Sep 9 by bwildered

The chairman is not for turning .

Privates on Parade?

Up the U's

Chairman statement on 21:25 - Sep 9 with 2097 viewswessex_exile

Chairman statement on 21:23 - Sep 9 by johnnyboy53

Simple.......... Perhaps I should not use this phase again but.... I fear we shall "Suck and see" then find we only have half a season left to save us, with a new manager come January!

In the context of gonads, I now have a deeply unpleasant mental image...

Up the U's

Chairman statement on 22:37 - Sep 9 with 2077 viewsLeadbelly

Chairman statement on 20:58 - Sep 9 by wessex_exile

Okay, leaving aside the fact that counter to the wishes of many he's not planning to immediately sack the manager, I've actually got no problem at all with his statement. Yeah, the grammar could be tighter, and we might wince at a chairman saying 'gonads', but the fact is Robbie is a barrow-boy football supporting sort of chairman at heart, so I can forgive him that. Unfortunately, he has now provided plenty of ammunition to those who want him gone too (without, obviously, the faintest clue who would replace him and his investment), and doubly so if Tony Humes doesn't repay the dreaded vote of confidence with results, and Robbie inevitably has to sack him anyway.

Ho hum, who'd be a multi-millionaire, must suck...

I'm certainly not calling for the chairman to go anywhere, as some are, but the Humes experiment is going to end badly if it is allowed to continue much longer. Probably takes much bigger balls to admit/accept you've made a mistake than it does to sack someone.

Chairman statement on 00:09 - Sep 10 with 2059 viewswessex_exile

Chairman statement on 22:37 - Sep 9 by Leadbelly

I'm certainly not calling for the chairman to go anywhere, as some are, but the Humes experiment is going to end badly if it is allowed to continue much longer. Probably takes much bigger balls to admit/accept you've made a mistake than it does to sack someone.

I wouldn't disagree, and given his business success, that's probably a significant component in RC's current position. I suspect he has Xmas 2015 in mind, by which time we've either turned the corner and all's good, or Tony Humes is history with enough time for a new manager to make the most of January's transfer window. I'll guess we'll know either way in time?

Up the U's

Chairman statement on 09:08 - Sep 10 with 2038 viewsdurham_exile

Chairman statement on 00:09 - Sep 10 by wessex_exile

I wouldn't disagree, and given his business success, that's probably a significant component in RC's current position. I suspect he has Xmas 2015 in mind, by which time we've either turned the corner and all's good, or Tony Humes is history with enough time for a new manager to make the most of January's transfer window. I'll guess we'll know either way in time?

Wessex - I don't know whether it is something in the water in Durham but I am less forgiving of TH than previously.

I understand what you are saying about January. Problem is we are in danger of being cut adrift now. At Christmas roughly half the games will have been played and we could be in a worse position than in the last three seasons. By that time TH might not have secured a striker either! The chances of then bringing in a saviour will be thin and the dreaded R word will be gaining buoyancy amongst even the faithful.

We cannot afford another dire relegation fight which I suspect we would lose on the balance of probabilities. Humes should go now, but at the end of October if results continue to go badly then RC should sack him for the sake of the club.

Humes out.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Chairman statement on 11:50 - Sep 10 with 2022 viewsburnsieespana

I thought the open letter was one from somebody who really cared about football and his club. I don't care about the language or grammar as not so pompous to think I could do better.
We have seen to many managers over the last 20 years and even people were calling for Parky to go in his first 18 months.
If we had not had RC's money over the last years I wonder where we would be as imo the Conference is where we would be languishing.
Many people either don't know or forget how dire many of our seasons were in the 70's a 80's with crowds of less than 2000. Some of those saturday games at Layer Rd were dreadful.
Many fans were calling for Boothroyd and Ward to name but two to go even though they kept us in the top half of the table.
If we get another Manager in from the outside which is the call from many who will come and if they do soon as a perceived better job comes along they will be off.
I say support our CLUB 100% which means cut out the constant moaning about TH which is counter productive.
Chairman statement on 13:04 - Sep 10 with 2008 viewsTheOldOakTree

Chairman statement on 11:50 - Sep 10 by burnsieespana

I thought the open letter was one from somebody who really cared about football and his club. I don't care about the language or grammar as not so pompous to think I could do better.
We have seen to many managers over the last 20 years and even people were calling for Parky to go in his first 18 months.
If we had not had RC's money over the last years I wonder where we would be as imo the Conference is where we would be languishing.
Many people either don't know or forget how dire many of our seasons were in the 70's a 80's with crowds of less than 2000. Some of those saturday games at Layer Rd were dreadful.
Many fans were calling for Boothroyd and Ward to name but two to go even though they kept us in the top half of the table.
If we get another Manager in from the outside which is the call from many who will come and if they do soon as a perceived better job comes along they will be off.
I say support our CLUB 100% which means cut out the constant moaning about TH which is counter productive.

"not so pompous to think I could do better", I am sorry. Next time I post an attempt at humour I will leave a explanation for you.
Chairman statement on 13:28 - Sep 10 with 2004 viewsLeadbelly

Chairman statement on 11:50 - Sep 10 by burnsieespana

"who will come" - do you believe there would be no candidates to fill a managerial vacancy at the club?

"cut out the constant moaning about TH which is counter productive" - is it the current disaffection of fans in reaction to 12 months of mainly poor performances and results the cause of those performances and results?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024