Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TV 14:00 - Feb 18 with 1116 viewsthrillseeker

I don't watch much TV except for the sport channels.

However I decided to watch Deutschland 83 on Channel 4.and have to say what a good series.
TV on 14:03 - Feb 18 with 1109 viewsTheOldOakTree

Yes, I really enjoyed it, quite thought provoking and possibly nearer the truth that we might want to imagine.
TV on 18:06 - Feb 18 with 1084 viewsnoah4x4

Comrades;.....

Reagan might have banned the export of US technology, but the East Germans were not so stupid that they didn't recognise a floppy disk in 1983. The first floppy was introduced in the 1960's and made their commercial introduction in 1971. Dealing with any encryption was, of course, another matter.

Similarly, by 1971, the Sony Walkman was available in Japan. The greater technical challenge featured was probably the successful kidney transplant where the two patients made a miraculous recovery within days. Tissue typing techniques and anti-rejection drugs were less likely than either of the former gadgets in 1983 Leipzig. Don't forget embassys had commercially available Western computers.

That apart, I thought it an entertaining series with the most alluring female cast of any. As for its reality? Live until 2033 and you will know when the documents of the era become public. Die Wahrheit wird.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2016 18:09]
TV on 18:46 - Feb 18 with 1074 viewsTheOldOakTree

TV on 18:06 - Feb 18 by noah4x4

Comrades;.....

Reagan might have banned the export of US technology, but the East Germans were not so stupid that they didn't recognise a floppy disk in 1983. The first floppy was introduced in the 1960's and made their commercial introduction in 1971. Dealing with any encryption was, of course, another matter.

Similarly, by 1971, the Sony Walkman was available in Japan. The greater technical challenge featured was probably the successful kidney transplant where the two patients made a miraculous recovery within days. Tissue typing techniques and anti-rejection drugs were less likely than either of the former gadgets in 1983 Leipzig. Don't forget embassys had commercially available Western computers.

That apart, I thought it an entertaining series with the most alluring female cast of any. As for its reality? Live until 2033 and you will know when the documents of the era become public. Die Wahrheit wird.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2016 18:09]

.....but what about the gratuitous boob shots that the good old German producers can't resist, that was authentic 80's TV.

Where did they get so many Trabants from? I remember following the RAC rally around the UK forests in the early 1990's and two blokes had entered in a Trabant. I don't know if they finished the four days, but they weren't hanging about. It would be a poor world without a few fruitcakes in it.
TV on 19:25 - Feb 18 with 1059 viewsthrillseeker

I was reading this TV series was not too well received in Germany and had disappointing viewing figures. However here in the UK it has been the most watched foreign series ever.

It has also been very well received in a number of other European countries and I do believe the series starts in the US of A later this month.

The producers were hoping to do two follow-ups, Deutchsland 86 and then one in the 90's which would show the eventual demise of the Iron Curtain and the reunification of Germany. However these next 2 series are under threat due to the poor viewing figures in Germany.
TV on 19:47 - Feb 18 with 1054 viewsTheOldOakTree

Can't see the USA going much on subtitles, but hopefully I'm wrong.

As for alluring females, Poor Martin's Mum in need of a Kidney transplant. She could have one of my organs!

In all seriousness anyone who missed it would be well advised to catch a repeat.

What about Happy Valley? The most unlikely sorts of people like it, but I find it a bit too dark for me and MrsT.
TV on 09:28 - Feb 19 with 1015 viewsAFCMorant

Most enjoyable, especially if you remember the times. There were still loads of Trabbies in Berlin when I went and Uzbekistan was full of Ladas.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024