Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Was I at a different game today? 20:41 - Jan 2 with 3184 viewsdachiltern

People are saying on here that Manning wasn't up to the job today.
Do these people understand he is raw to league football, was playing his 2nd game in two days and can see and make a pass that many of his teammates would struggle to do?
Reading these sorts of comments explains why we have players feeling unwanted and putting in a transfer request.
Also explains why I rarely bother with forums.
Was I at a different game today? on 20:42 - Jan 2 with 3163 viewsconnell10

As I said in my thread mate did we win today?

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Was I at a different game today? on 20:59 - Jan 2 with 3066 viewsNeil_SI

What I really liked about his performance here, which, was only his second ever appearance, was just how bright and fearless he was. He marauded around as if he'd played many more first-team games under his belt, but that's what the confidence of youth can sometimes give you.

I'm sure he and the staff are very pleased with his work in these two matches. It looks like he has a good football brain on him, and he played with the kind of freedom and expression that only a young, raw and uncontaminated player can.

That's where it can get difficult and lost as time passes, because it's about how they react to high-pressure situations and adversity. So there's lots for him to go through and experience yet before anybody can realistically make up their minds. The important thing is for him to be encouraged to continue playing with the same enthusiasm and to allow time for mistakes to happen.

He made a couple of basic errors or mistakes in this one, but nothing to worry about. He played a few passes that looked intelligent and the right idea, but the timing or execution didn't work, or someone snuffed it out and read it, therefore leading to him giving the ball away. But, it shows he is thinking along the right lines, and that's where he has to adapt to the speed of the men's game.

The same could be said about one or two passes he gave backwards, almost putting defenders under pressure, but just about getting away with it. These are probably easier to do at youth level, especially as there's less riding on it and it's not always about results, results, results.

I was impressed how well he got around the pitch, especially being his second match in two days, and liked the way he looked and scanned the pitch around him to understand what was going on in the match, and despite one or two mistakes with passes, he generally played the ball around nicely enough.

It was good for him to come up against a player like Cole Skuse too, who is an experienced pro who keeps it simple and it difficult to get a hold of and close to. Manning tried pressing him a fair few times, and was giving a lesson or two about timing and dropping of the shoulder in certain scenarios, and got to see first hand how to play simple and effective football from Skuse. But having said that, he didn't do too shabby at all competing against him or the other players and didn't look out of place.

All in all, a great experience for him. Lots to like.
Was I at a different game today? on 21:02 - Jan 2 with 3031 viewsJuzzie

Instant everything is what is wanted and expected these days.
Was I at a different game today? on 21:03 - Jan 2 with 3008 viewsWatford_Ranger

He was the best of our three midfielders.
Was I at a different game today? on 21:06 - Jan 2 with 2982 viewsBrightonhoop

Couldn't agree more. There is a luxuriating in booing our own, worst I've ever known it.
Many decent folks here, far worse on 'social' media that should be renamed anti social media.
We have some right chelsea w4nkers amongst our support these days and it is very, very ugly.
Was I at a different game today? on 21:59 - Jan 2 with 2734 viewsterryb

What a good day dachiltern. Both our teams winning 2-1!

Especislly nice for me (and all other Ipswich/Suffolk based R's).

Then I can add in the bonus of the win at Slough!
Was I at a different game today? on 22:19 - Jan 2 with 2618 viewssexton

I liked the way he pointed, indicating either where he wanted the ball played or where a teammate should be running. For a youngster in his second game that indicates confidence and football intelligence. Give him time and then judge.
Was I at a different game today? on 23:01 - Jan 2 with 2438 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Whilst I agree we have some tw@ts of fans, and people are becoming impatient, I also think some fans have it so much in their head that QPR fans have become so bad, they actually make up booing. He was applauded for his work today, got the biggest cheer when he came off, standing ovation, praise on Twitter, praise from tweets, and praise on here. Now I know some people have slagged him off. But you're acting like these are the worst fans in the world and no one has given him a chance

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Login to get fewer ads

Was I at a different game today? on 23:17 - Jan 2 with 2364 viewsbosh67

Manning is a huge talent. And to leave him in the middle, virtually on his own as the only playmaker on his 2nd ever senior game was quite amazing. Even more so as when Washington came on, and with Cousins and Borysiuk in the middle they didn't deploy him to his actual position, which is as a proper line hugging, fast, all guns blazing left footed left winger. Instead we kept Washington out wide left. I love Ollie but he is now the 3rd? manager to play the slightly confused Washington somewhere further to the left than Jeremy Corbyn on the west coast of Hawaii.

But, back to the point. Manning. He will make mistakes but... he has a very sweet left foot and a keen eye for a reverse pass that even Faurlin would applaud. But he is most effective out wide on the left. There he would cause a lot of damage. But will we see him play there? Who knows? Apparently he's quite handy in goal during training and with Smithies possibly going to Villa, who knows?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Was I at a different game today? on 10:38 - Jan 3 with 2025 viewsPinnerPaul

Why does every player either have to be criticised ALL the time - Henry, Perch, Gladwin or be totally immune to ANY adverse criticism - Mackie, Manning.

All players have good/bad games, so why can't we comment on them on merit?

Yes it was only his 2nd game, yes he played 48 hours earlier (like many of his teammates btw) but I didn't think he had a particularly good game.

That's not "writing him off", "Failing to encourage our young players" or 'not being a true fan"
Was I at a different game today? on 10:54 - Jan 3 with 1981 viewsrobith

I thought he played ok, tailed off as you might expect for a youngster playing 2 games in 3 days
Was I at a different game today? on 11:30 - Jan 3 with 1883 viewsLblock

Sorry but this all smacks of more self flagellation.

Manning was applauded off and rightly so.
People have raised a couple of valid points on his game and I'd hope the coaching staff would also raise these to him --- that's called "learning"

But I'm yet to see anyone gun for him and give him loads of stick.

Why are some obsessed with slagging off our own fans?!?!?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Was I at a different game today? on 11:37 - Jan 3 with 1863 viewsMedwayR

From what I've seen of him he's got a good eye for a pass so I like the idea of him being used on the left of a midfield 3 or as a deep playmaker. However he may be even better out wide, the fact that he may be able to do either is a bonus. I've got a good feeling about this one.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2017 11:37]

Poll: Who’s better?

Was I at a different game today? on 12:33 - Jan 3 with 1719 viewsDeepcutHoop

Was I at a different game today? on 10:38 - Jan 3 by PinnerPaul

Why does every player either have to be criticised ALL the time - Henry, Perch, Gladwin or be totally immune to ANY adverse criticism - Mackie, Manning.

All players have good/bad games, so why can't we comment on them on merit?

Yes it was only his 2nd game, yes he played 48 hours earlier (like many of his teammates btw) but I didn't think he had a particularly good game.

That's not "writing him off", "Failing to encourage our young players" or 'not being a true fan"

This is just bizarre, he's not 'immune' from criticism (although there's something to be said for debuting players to get a bit of grace for a whlle), he's just played his first 180 minutes of league football for QPR, in two games we've won after a 6 game losing streak, and people are pleased, and not looking to dig the lad out immediately.

Tell us again how his appearance in these games was in any way a 'negative' for QPR. That's about as positive a start as I've seen for us tbh.

Edit: Also if you think Mackie is immune from criticism, you haven't been paying attention.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2017 12:35]
Was I at a different game today? on 12:39 - Jan 3 with 1686 viewsBAWHoops

Personally wasn't massively impressed with him. But he's a kid playing his second ever game so won't get too worried bout it. Needs to play to develop

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Was I at a different game today? on 13:09 - Jan 3 with 1626 viewsPinnerPaul

Was I at a different game today? on 12:33 - Jan 3 by DeepcutHoop

This is just bizarre, he's not 'immune' from criticism (although there's something to be said for debuting players to get a bit of grace for a whlle), he's just played his first 180 minutes of league football for QPR, in two games we've won after a 6 game losing streak, and people are pleased, and not looking to dig the lad out immediately.

Tell us again how his appearance in these games was in any way a 'negative' for QPR. That's about as positive a start as I've seen for us tbh.

Edit: Also if you think Mackie is immune from criticism, you haven't been paying attention.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2017 12:35]

I don't know why you put "negative" in quote marks as I didn't mention that word or why you want to get so forensic about it, but if you insist - I thought he was part of a midfield three that didn't do particularly well yesterday - no more. no less.

I'm not "digging him out" just offering opinion on what I saw. I wasn't at Wolves so have no comment on his performance there.
Was I at a different game today? on 13:34 - Jan 3 with 1565 viewssmegma

He's needed to step up to the first team as he has gone as far as he can in the reserves. Been a constant top performer in the reserves for 3 seasons now --when he's selected that is as at times he hasn't played even when fit. He was once played in defence and looked like a fish out of water.
He didn't have the greatest of games yesterday but never hid and he set a high standard on Saturday so maybe the expectations were higher than normal. Hope he enjoys his two win bonuses, they were well earned.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024