Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bookies suspend bets on Virgil going to Liverpool... 15:29 - Jun 5 with 3504 views1885_SFC

they don't often get it wrong.

Alex Apati of Ladbrokes said: “Once again, the Reds look set to snatch another Saints star in the shape of Van Dijk.

“After months of speculation, it seems both clubs have come to an agreement and we won’t be taking any more bets on this market.”

http://news.ladbrokes.com/football/premier-league/bookies-suspend-betting-on-vir

Love life. Love music.

Bookies suspend bets on Virgil going to Liverpool... on 15:32 - Jun 5 with 1884 viewsSonicBoom

Their sixty mill is as good as anyone else's. It also shows that VvD wants to go.

Bookies suspend bets on Virgil going to Liverpool... on 15:34 - Jun 5 with 1869 viewsLeslie

Football really is shit!

Poll: Will you buy the new shirt(s)

Bookies suspend bets on Virgil going to Liverpool... on 15:38 - Jun 5 with 1858 viewsSt_Guido

I f*cking hate Liverpool

Poll: What would you choose as our Football Club's official name?

Bookies suspend bets on Virgil going to Liverpool... on 15:40 - Jun 5 with 1845 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Of course he'll go there and they'll probably walk the league as it was their huge weak point.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Bookies suspend bets on Virgil going to Liverpool... on 15:51 - Jun 5 with 1813 viewsLeslie

It makes me laugh when saints announce players signing new contracts as if it's great news. Contracts don't mean a thing.

Bookies suspend bets on Virgil going to Liverpool... on 16:14 - Jun 5 with 1764 viewsSaintNick

This is a fun betting market and bookies are wary of being turned over by managers and players giving their mates key information, very small fluctuations in betting patterns can slash odds and make a company refuse bets on a market.

There are only five companies taking bets on this anyway

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Bookies suspend bets on Virgil going to Liverpool... on 16:18 - Jun 5 with 1750 viewsTheKraken

Bookies suspend bets on Virgil going to Liverpool... on 15:51 - Jun 5 by Leslie

It makes me laugh when saints announce players signing new contracts as if it's great news. Contracts don't mean a thing.

For Saints, that's not quite true. If our players are on long contracts it means we're in a decent position to extract the highest price for them. Wanyama and Clyne, for instance, weren't and we saw much lower fees for them because of it.

VvD was always, always going to be off this summer. The only question now is just how many others jump ship with him.
Bookies suspend bets on Virgil going to Liverpool... on 16:21 - Jun 5 with 1733 viewsLeslie

Bookies suspend bets on Virgil going to Liverpool... on 16:18 - Jun 5 by TheKraken

For Saints, that's not quite true. If our players are on long contracts it means we're in a decent position to extract the highest price for them. Wanyama and Clyne, for instance, weren't and we saw much lower fees for them because of it.

VvD was always, always going to be off this summer. The only question now is just how many others jump ship with him.

Of course it's good for the chance to command a bigger transfer fee. It's the way it's spun that the player is happy here, and how they look forward to the next years at saints. I'm sure this was trotted out when Van Dijk signed a new deal. The reality is, they're off once one of the 'awesome foursomes' come sniffing.

Edit: https://southamptonfc.com/news/2016-05-07/van-dijk-signs-new-six-year-contract-w

Here we go. A load of nonsense
[Post edited 5 Jun 2017 16:23]

Login to get fewer ads

Bookies suspend bets on Virgil going to Liverpool... on 16:33 - Jun 5 with 1711 viewsSaintNick

Bookies suspend bets on Virgil going to Liverpool... on 16:21 - Jun 5 by Leslie

Of course it's good for the chance to command a bigger transfer fee. It's the way it's spun that the player is happy here, and how they look forward to the next years at saints. I'm sure this was trotted out when Van Dijk signed a new deal. The reality is, they're off once one of the 'awesome foursomes' come sniffing.

Edit: https://southamptonfc.com/news/2016-05-07/van-dijk-signs-new-six-year-contract-w

Here we go. A load of nonsense
[Post edited 5 Jun 2017 16:23]

That six year contract has probably put £20 million on his transfer fee, the club has to spin it positive all the time, by now we should all know the reality of the situation and trust that we can do what we do best again and again, the fact that so many players move on shows that we are doing it right.

How many clubs raid Stoke or Sunderland etc, but how many good players do they have ?

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Bookies suspend bets on Virgil going to Liverpool... on 16:39 - Jun 5 with 1690 viewsLeslie

Bookies suspend bets on Virgil going to Liverpool... on 16:33 - Jun 5 by SaintNick

That six year contract has probably put £20 million on his transfer fee, the club has to spin it positive all the time, by now we should all know the reality of the situation and trust that we can do what we do best again and again, the fact that so many players move on shows that we are doing it right.

How many clubs raid Stoke or Sunderland etc, but how many good players do they have ?

I am a realist Nick. You can see from my posts in the past that I accept our best players to leave. I'm afraid I've reached the stage where I'm fed up with football. This season proved how far the top 6 are from the rest. I honestly am at the point of losing interest. I'm not bedwetting, I'm just disillusioned with the modern game. It's not the game I went to as a kid and loved. I actually regret renewing my season ticket, and it hurts to say that.

Bookies suspend bets on Virgil going to Liverpool... on 17:05 - Jun 5 with 1635 viewsButty101

Bookies suspend bets on Virgil going to Liverpool... on 16:39 - Jun 5 by Leslie

I am a realist Nick. You can see from my posts in the past that I accept our best players to leave. I'm afraid I've reached the stage where I'm fed up with football. This season proved how far the top 6 are from the rest. I honestly am at the point of losing interest. I'm not bedwetting, I'm just disillusioned with the modern game. It's not the game I went to as a kid and loved. I actually regret renewing my season ticket, and it hurts to say that.

Being in my 40's ,i honestly cant understand why grown men/woman would want to go and watch football every Saturday. Its as pointless as F1 as a sport. Are peoples lives that empty that they are happy pay a fortune to watch 22 millionaires running around after a ball.

I think i went to 3 games last season and bar the cup final (and even then i missed the action) i spent most of the time thinking what the f*ck am i doing here.

Poll: First League Win of the Season

Bookies suspend bets on Virgil going to Liverpool... on 17:15 - Jun 5 with 1588 viewsBuggalugs

Bookies suspend bets on Virgil going to Liverpool... on 16:33 - Jun 5 by SaintNick

That's always how I've viewed it. We're constantly being raided because we've found/developed the talent, they've performed consistently well for us, so it's inevitable a bigger club will come in and snap them up.

We can't pay someone £200k a week anyway, so our only choice is to keep repeating the process. Would our fans prefer us to sign a few more Osvaldo's, Ramirez's or Boufal's for example? None of the big clubs came in for any of them, so that's a good thing right?

Doesn't make it any less shite and depressing, but that's football these days.

Poll: Who is the most in-the-know on SFC’s transfer activity?

Bookies suspend bets on Virgil going to Liverpool... on 17:16 - Jun 5 with 1583 viewsarfurdent

Bookies suspend bets on Virgil going to Liverpool... on 17:05 - Jun 5 by Butty101

Being in my 40's ,i honestly cant understand why grown men/woman would want to go and watch football every Saturday. Its as pointless as F1 as a sport. Are peoples lives that empty that they are happy pay a fortune to watch 22 millionaires running around after a ball.

I think i went to 3 games last season and bar the cup final (and even then i missed the action) i spent most of the time thinking what the f*ck am i doing here.

but the four hours in Wetherspoons before the game is the real highlight

ICO coming

Bookies suspend bets on Virgil going to Liverpool... on 17:18 - Jun 5 with 1576 viewssolent_toffee

Bookies suspend bets on Virgil going to Liverpool... on 17:05 - Jun 5 by Butty101

Watching football for me is the same as it was for people when it first started. A chance to meet up with your friends on a Saturday, have a bit of a social and a release from the working week, except I work from home and not down a pit, in a mill, factory etc.

Three times a year me and my mates meet up and go on a jolly, it's a right ballache to organise with people living all over, family commitments etc. But football cuts through all that. The fixtures come out and there you go 19 days out booked up with your mates.

For grown men to get bent out of shape because a millionaire football player decides to go and 'earn' more money elsewhere is a bit odd. Your club carries on, the games continue etc.

I love football, if you navigate around all the nonsense and don't give it any credence or respect, I.e. Plastic fans, biased thick media pundits, greedy players, egotistical managers, it's still great.

Bookies suspend bets on Virgil going to Liverpool... (n/t) on 17:23 - Jun 5 with 1552 viewsDellHero

[Post edited 28 Mar 20:58]

Poll: How much will we spend (net+ve) in the summer window

Bookies suspend bets on Virgil going to Liverpool... on 17:33 - Jun 5 with 1502 viewsGasGiant

You're not alone. There are others on this site who remember supporting Saints in the days when they weren't expected to side with the team or the club, or between the management and the players - yopu just supported Saints and that was enough. Many come on here to be among fellow fans who remember football as a fans game and a man's game and have no affection for the Premiership and the spoilt badge kissing, cheating crybabies that are indulged by it.

Bookies suspend bets on Virgil going to Liverpool... on 17:39 - Jun 5 with 1478 views1885_SFC

Ex-Liverpool Echo journalist and current deputy editor of Sport 360 Alex Rea Spoke to Van Dijk at a Sony event ahead of CL final. Virgil described LFC as a "beautiful club" & said he's talked to Wijnaldum about Klopp etc.

Does anyone know the best method of removing the name 'VIRGIL' from my son's replica kit without ruining it?

Love life. Love music.

Bookies suspend bets on Virgil going to Liverpool... on 17:47 - Jun 5 with 1446 views1885_SFC

Obviously Dejan Lovren isn't too happy with the news that Virgil appears to be taking his place

http://www.talkingbaws.com/2017/06/video-dejan-lovren-walks-interview-question-v

Love life. Love music.

Bookies suspend bets on Virgil going to Liverpool... (n/t) on 17:54 - Jun 5 with 1422 viewsDellHero

Bookies suspend bets on Virgil going to Liverpool... on 17:39 - Jun 5 by 1885_SFC

Ex-Liverpool Echo journalist and current deputy editor of Sport 360 Alex Rea Spoke to Van Dijk at a Sony event ahead of CL final. Virgil described LFC as a "beautiful club" & said he's talked to Wijnaldum about Klopp etc.

Does anyone know the best method of removing the name 'VIRGIL' from my son's replica kit without ruining it?

[Post edited 28 Mar 20:58]

Poll: How much will we spend (net+ve) in the summer window

Bookies suspend bets on Virgil going to Liverpool... on 17:54 - Jun 5 with 1421 viewshedgeend61

Bookies suspend bets on Virgil going to Liverpool... on 17:16 - Jun 5 by arfurdent

but the four hours in Wetherspoons before the game is the real highlight

You're right, the 90 minutes football often spoils the day out

As for VVD going to Liverpool, the odds suggest it's a done deal, but unless he's told you to your face, I wouldn't be so sure, anyone taking the 1/25 is mad. Liverpool have only one one trophy in the last 11 years (the easiest one at that) which is underachieving big time for such a big club. They also look well short of Chelsea, City and even Spurs at present and will need about 6-7 new faces to compete next season at the top table.

Top, top players like VVD would,should, imo be looking to move to the likes of Barcelona, Chelsea and City who are much more likely to win silverware, and the money will be just as plentiful elsewhere.

Bookies suspend bets on Virgil going to Liverpool... on 18:05 - Jun 5 with 1383 views1885_SFC

I guess our only slim hope of keeping Virgil would be to appoint a top, top manager... someone like Thomas Tuchel (wishful thinking) - who could perhaps persuade him to stay another season or so.

One piece of good news over the weekend. Tuchel's agent has said he definitely won't be going to Bayer Leverkusen...

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3275/bundesliga/2017/06/04/36104242/tuchel-not-ta

Love life. Love music.

on 18:24 - Jun 5 with 1320 views_

Bookies suspend bets on Virgil going to Liverpool... on 18:05 - Jun 5 by 1885_SFC

I guess our only slim hope of keeping Virgil would be to appoint a top, top manager... someone like Thomas Tuchel (wishful thinking) - who could perhaps persuade him to stay another season or so.

One piece of good news over the weekend. Tuchel's agent has said he definitely won't be going to Bayer Leverkusen...

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3275/bundesliga/2017/06/04/36104242/tuchel-not-ta

Poll: Sundays match v spurs.. Would you rather.....

Bookies suspend bets on Virgil going to Liverpool... on 18:33 - Jun 5 with 1277 views1885_SFC

on 18:24 - Jun 5 by _

Quite a few Liverpool fans are up in arms about the amount of money Virgil will cost their club... as if it's their own money the club are spending! What utter bellends.

For what it's worth - I don't think we should sell for a penny under £70 million either. The £63 million we'd be left with should be ample funds to strengthen the squad before the new season kicks off. The question is ; who will be in charge of us to spend it?

Love life. Love music.

Bookies suspend bets on Virgil going to Liverpool... on 18:37 - Jun 5 with 1256 viewsgrumpy

I cant remember a time when so many of our best players move on so quickly, something's wrong.
You cant blame fans for being fed up with it now, especially as so many of them go to the same club season after season..
Premiership football is expensive, particularly for families.
Atmosphere at games is nothing like what it used to be, maybe because you cant get close to your team, its players, when any one of them that shows any quality gets sold at the end of the season.
I used to rarely miss a game but now pick and choose,and that's thinning out.
Saints on the face of it had a good season, with a Cup Final and a decent league position but a lot of fans are becoming disillusioned with the type of football played and with a manager who doesn't connect with the fans.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2017 18:46]
Bookies suspend bets on Virgil going to Liverpool... on 18:45 - Jun 5 with 1216 views1885_SFC

Bookies suspend bets on Virgil going to Liverpool... on 18:37 - Jun 5 by grumpy

I cant remember a time when so many of our best players move on so quickly, something's wrong.
You cant blame fans for being fed up with it now, especially as so many of them go to the same club season after season..
Premiership football is expensive, particularly for families.
Atmosphere at games is nothing like what it used to be, maybe because you cant get close to your team, its players, when any one of them that shows any quality gets sold at the end of the season.
I used to rarely miss a game but now pick and choose,and that's thinning out.
Saints on the face of it had a good season, with a Cup Final and a decent league position but a lot of fans are becoming disillusioned with the type of football played and with a manager who doesn't connect with the fans.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2017 18:46]

Southampton manager Claude Puel has reportedly rejected Saint-Etienne’s second approach this afternoon to appoint him as manager.

According to an exclusive report from France Bleu this afternoon, the Saints boss has rejected the chance to become their new chief despite them making him their number one target.

Looks more and more like we're going to be stuck with him.

https://www.francebleu.fr/sports/football/exclu-france-bleu-claude-puel-ni-non-e

http://readsouthampton.com/2017/06/05/puel-reportedly-turns-saint-etiennes-secon

Love life. Love music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2019