Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Referee - Mr Roger East 23:39 - Sep 12 with 6506 viewsdachiltern

Short note to say that as far as poor performances go then that was certainly one of the finest.
Referee - Mr Roger East on 23:45 - Sep 12 with 4877 viewsbosh67

Spent most of the first half giving everything against us and then sent their man off on a 50:50 challenge that was just a bit late with no real malice. Not his best night.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Referee - Mr Roger East on 23:49 - Sep 12 with 4850 viewsessextaxiboy

Didnt the OP used to be our go to poster for all things refereeing ?
Referee - Mr Roger East on 23:57 - Sep 12 with 4805 viewsactonman

Wtf was that all about when their bloke got blasted in the goolies and is on the deck dying and he goes off and has a cup of tea and a chat on the sideline all the while we are ramping up trying to maintain a bit of pressure for a corner ??

And the 2 blatant penalties
Referee - Mr Roger East on 00:00 - Sep 13 with 4784 viewsfrancisbowles

I think it was a studs up challenge but I only saw it from behind the Millwall player.

As for the referee he never had a grip on the game but ran around as if it was the Roger East show.

We should have had a few pens.
Referee - Mr Roger East on 00:02 - Sep 13 with 4775 viewsNorthernr

I thought that was something else tonight. After several weeks of very good officiating from Championship officials, a Premier League referee comes down and does that.

Some of my favourites - booked the keeper for time wasting over a goal kick when he;d only just had the ball back from the ball boy. Then stood idly by for the next half an hour while there was some actual time wasting and did nothing, including one moment when he held the ball in his hands while the crowd counted, loudly, to 16.

Two very obvious penalties on Smith, one of which he was pulled to the ground by his shirt which was basically over his head.

Telling Sylla to retreat 10 yards from a drop ball.

Allowing play to go on around injured Scowen, then immediately stopping play when a Millwall player got injured next to him - neither head injuries.

The sending off looked a nothing challenge to me - haven't seen it back, but Scowen looked to be fouling him every bit as much.

Yellow carded Morison for having a bottle chucked at him.
Referee - Mr Roger East on 00:12 - Sep 13 with 4717 viewsStanisgod

Referee - Mr Roger East on 00:02 - Sep 13 by Northernr

I thought that was something else tonight. After several weeks of very good officiating from Championship officials, a Premier League referee comes down and does that.

Some of my favourites - booked the keeper for time wasting over a goal kick when he;d only just had the ball back from the ball boy. Then stood idly by for the next half an hour while there was some actual time wasting and did nothing, including one moment when he held the ball in his hands while the crowd counted, loudly, to 16.

Two very obvious penalties on Smith, one of which he was pulled to the ground by his shirt which was basically over his head.

Allowing play to go on around injured Scowen, then immediately stopping play when a Millwall player got injured next to him - neither head injuries.

The sending off looked a nothing challenge to me - haven't seen it back, but Scowen looked to be fouling him every bit as much.

Fully expected. See my comment on your this weeks ref post. Absolute ars#hole, too used to the namby pamby Premiershite.
PS you missed the foot up he gave when the foot was ankle high.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Referee - Mr Roger East on 00:21 - Sep 13 with 4688 viewsWatford_Ranger

Referee - Mr Roger East on 00:12 - Sep 13 by Stanisgod

Fully expected. See my comment on your this weeks ref post. Absolute ars#hole, too used to the namby pamby Premiershite.
PS you missed the foot up he gave when the foot was ankle high.

That was amazing. Surprisingly clever from Sylla to not go through with the volley and give away a silly foul and gets penalised anyway.

Meanwhile the high boot just before that farcical decision to stop play during our attack was absolutely fine.
Referee - Mr Roger East on 00:27 - Sep 13 with 4665 viewsNorthernr

Referee - Mr Roger East on 00:21 - Sep 13 by Watford_Ranger

That was amazing. Surprisingly clever from Sylla to not go through with the volley and give away a silly foul and gets penalised anyway.

Meanwhile the high boot just before that farcical decision to stop play during our attack was absolutely fine.

Oh yes that one where Sylla realised if he went through with his first idea it would be a foul, so deliberately stopped and didn't do it, and then a foul was given anyway. Tremendous. Haven't had that much fun since the day we took the dog to be put down.
Login to get fewer ads

Referee - Mr Roger East on 00:51 - Sep 13 with 4632 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Yes we were laughing about tgat on the way home. He picked the bottle up to show the ref and got booked!
Referee - Mr Roger East on 01:05 - Sep 13 with 4608 viewskensalriser

Keeper was booked for persistent time wasting. Morison also booked for time wasting, the bottle was a poor ruse. Still a shocking ref though.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Referee - Mr Roger East on 08:11 - Sep 13 with 4336 viewsNorthernr

Referee - Mr Roger East on 01:05 - Sep 13 by kensalriser

Keeper was booked for persistent time wasting. Morison also booked for time wasting, the bottle was a poor ruse. Still a shocking ref though.

So why not book the keeper again at any point in the following 20 minutes when he kept doing it?

And don't agree about the bottle, Morison had it chucked at him, he picked it up and gave it to the referee, said something to the effect of 'if that was our lot you'd be kicking up a massive fuss' (which is right) and then got a yellow card.
Referee - Mr Roger East on 08:28 - Sep 13 with 4274 viewsbosh67

Referee - Mr Roger East on 08:11 - Sep 13 by Northernr

So why not book the keeper again at any point in the following 20 minutes when he kept doing it?

And don't agree about the bottle, Morison had it chucked at him, he picked it up and gave it to the referee, said something to the effect of 'if that was our lot you'd be kicking up a massive fuss' (which is right) and then got a yellow card.

I agreed with Morrison being angry but he may not have put it as politely as that Still a bit much to be booked. I was expecting the ref to make him drink the contents.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Referee - Mr Roger East on 08:40 - Sep 13 with 4244 viewstoboboly

Add in Scylla pulling out of a tackle, not making any contact with the opposition player, yet giving a foul for a high tackle.

Absolute shower.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Referee - Mr Roger East on 10:35 - Sep 13 with 4094 viewssmegma

Walked from Q Block to the dugouts to have a lengthy chat with our bench. Then walked back to Q Block to over see a corner. If that wasn't time wasting I don't know what was.
I am convinced he was guessing a lot of his decisions.
Our player lies injured, we are on the counter. Their player goes down injured on the edge of OUR box some twenty yards behind play, so he stops the game for two ankle injuries.
The Sylla 'foul'. Ball comes in , he looks to bring it down at waist height, the defender decides to head it. Sylla sees the defender coming and stands still, no challenge = foul.
Having seen the red card on tv 3 times I have my doubts. Leading up to it there were a few meaty challenges, mainly from Millwall but we were no angels. In the lead up to the red, there was a crunching tackle by the touchline, East said nothing, 3 seconds later saw the red card. I said at the time 'he's lost control already'. Thankfully it didn't deteriorate into a kicking match.
The keeper time wasting. Booked on 70 minutes. For the next 20 +++ he wastes more time than in the previous 70 , the ref does nothing.
The booking of Morison. I saw it as Clive did. A load of bottles were thrown on the pitch from the school end. Then a bottle appeared to come from a home stand. He seemed to be making the point that he didn't make a fuss about that bottle but pointing to the Millwall fans he appeared to be comparing the two incidents differently. Yellow card.
I don't think even a neutral would have given him more than 1/10 for his performance.
Referee - Mr Roger East on 11:03 - Sep 13 with 4055 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The commentator on the offy's stream was adamant that the bottle came from the Millwall fans, for what that's worth.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Referee - Mr Roger East on 11:07 - Sep 13 with 4041 viewsWatford_Ranger

He dug himself a hole by booking Ned early for not a lot and then tried to let too much go when he realised it would become a farce if he didn't ease up. The red was not the worst tackle in the game.

We had a break I think shortly before the equaliser or maybe just after where their left-back tried the most horrendous 'professional' foul to take him out and thankfully missed him. Not a peep from R.East or the gormless linesman two yards away.
Referee - Mr Roger East on 11:25 - Sep 13 with 3993 viewsNorthernr

Referee - Mr Roger East on 11:03 - Sep 13 by BrianMcCarthy

The commentator on the offy's stream was adamant that the bottle came from the Millwall fans, for what that's worth.

Thrown at their own players after scoring a goal?
Referee - Mr Roger East on 11:38 - Sep 13 with 3950 viewstoboboly

Referee - Mr Roger East on 11:25 - Sep 13 by Northernr

To be honest that is what I initially saw it as.

Didn't see the one thrown near Morison but another looked be thrown at Smithies the other side, couldn't have been QPR as it landed in the 6 yard box.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Referee - Mr Roger East on 11:40 - Sep 13 with 3940 viewsdodge_stoke_r

At the same time as Morrison was spiting his dummy our about a bottle being thrown, which I obviously don't condone. Smithies was also picking one up , thrown from the angels in the top tier of the School End. Only he wasn't behaving like a petulant schoolchild. I guess people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Or bottles! On the ref. Al of the above plus the hauling down of Washington on at least 2 occasions in the first half
[Post edited 13 Sep 2017 11:43]
Referee - Mr Roger East on 11:54 - Sep 13 with 3904 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ya, I don't know. Who knows with them!

Just repeating what the commentator said. It wasn't visible on the stream, or at least I didn't notice it.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Referee - Mr Roger East on 12:33 - Sep 13 with 3830 viewssmegma

The bottle thrown at Morison seemed to be a bottle of 7 Up or some other sugar based fizzy water. As everyone knows, Millwall don't do 'soft drinks' they do 'hard as nails lager you caaaaant'.

You want some ??
Referee - Mr Roger East on 16:54 - Sep 13 with 3712 viewsPinnerPaul

Referee - Mr Roger East on 23:49 - Sep 12 by essextaxiboy

Didnt the OP used to be our go to poster for all things refereeing ?

No I am!

Thought he had a decent game.

To quote Neil Harris and say challenge had no 'malice' is nonsense.

I thought we had done to death on the Mane challenge that referee can't/doesn't have to judge 'intent'.

It was a very difficult game to referee and I thought he did well. Antti criticises the Morrison yellow for 'picking up a bottle' but if we had just scored to go 2 up, I wonder if Mr Morrison would have been so keen to play Mr Steward then - it was purely to delay the restart, which is why he was booked.

Millwall forum claims he gave everything to us, here we say the opoosite. Look at the foul stats and you will see both claims are nonsense.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2017 16:58]
Referee - Mr Roger East on 17:16 - Sep 13 with 3683 viewsNorthernr

Referee - Mr Roger East on 16:54 - Sep 13 by PinnerPaul

No I am!

Thought he had a decent game.

To quote Neil Harris and say challenge had no 'malice' is nonsense.

I thought we had done to death on the Mane challenge that referee can't/doesn't have to judge 'intent'.

It was a very difficult game to referee and I thought he did well. Antti criticises the Morrison yellow for 'picking up a bottle' but if we had just scored to go 2 up, I wonder if Mr Morrison would have been so keen to play Mr Steward then - it was purely to delay the restart, which is why he was booked.

Millwall forum claims he gave everything to us, here we say the opoosite. Look at the foul stats and you will see both claims are nonsense.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2017 16:58]

Mate, that was horrendous last night, I always find it depressing when the refereeing fraternity say a referee had a good game when literally everybody else in the ground thought they were terrible.

Some specifics:

- why was play allowed to go on around Josh Scowen when he was down injured (not head) and Millwall had the ball, only to then be stopped immediately as soon as we won it back and a Millwall player went down as well (also not head)?

- Why was Sylla ordered to retreat 10 yards back from a drop ball?

- Why was Sylla penalised for a high boot, when he'd actually realised it was going to be a free kick if he did it, so he deliberately didn't?

- Why was the goalkeeper booked for time wasting in the 70th, and then allowed to continue doing it for the next 20 minutes? Including the time when he kept the ball in his hands while the crowd counted loudly to 16?

- How on earth could there ever possibly be the same amount of stoppage time in the first half and the second half last night, given the amount of time wasting that went on in the second compared to the first?

- When a striker's shirt is being pulled to such an extent it's actually up over his head and you can see most of his torso, is that perhaps worthy of a penalty kick?

I agree it was a difficult game to referee, and I don't think he was biased or against one team or the other, but fck me he was absolute dross.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Referee - Mr Roger East on 17:38 - Sep 13 with 3641 viewsPinnerPaul

Referee - Mr Roger East on 17:16 - Sep 13 by Northernr

Mate, that was horrendous last night, I always find it depressing when the refereeing fraternity say a referee had a good game when literally everybody else in the ground thought they were terrible.

Some specifics:

- why was play allowed to go on around Josh Scowen when he was down injured (not head) and Millwall had the ball, only to then be stopped immediately as soon as we won it back and a Millwall player went down as well (also not head)?

- Why was Sylla ordered to retreat 10 yards back from a drop ball?

- Why was Sylla penalised for a high boot, when he'd actually realised it was going to be a free kick if he did it, so he deliberately didn't?

- Why was the goalkeeper booked for time wasting in the 70th, and then allowed to continue doing it for the next 20 minutes? Including the time when he kept the ball in his hands while the crowd counted loudly to 16?

- How on earth could there ever possibly be the same amount of stoppage time in the first half and the second half last night, given the amount of time wasting that went on in the second compared to the first?

- When a striker's shirt is being pulled to such an extent it's actually up over his head and you can see most of his torso, is that perhaps worthy of a penalty kick?

I agree it was a difficult game to referee, and I don't think he was biased or against one team or the other, but fck me he was absolute dross.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Glad you conceded 1 or 2 points there at the end Clive! ;-)

It wasn't absolute dross - but I forgive you the journalistic hyperbole - absolute dross would be if I refereed it! - serious point behind that remark - all the players last night made some mistakes, but everyone expects perfect night from the ref.

But I do like you taking the trouble to be specific so will answer them.

Scowan/Millwall player injuries - yes agree that was frustrating, seemed to imply that as two down he felt justified in stopping play. Of course when they had the ball we were screaming for play to be stopped, then when they lost the ball and player went down we wanted to carry on - so a no win really.

Sylla - Arsene Wenger defence here - it was behind the post in ER, if true, agree that's a nonsense

Sylla high foot - again I honestly didn't see that

GK - Think he did all he could. I did see him talk to AR on communication and point to GK, but they didn't take any further action. However when was the last time you saw a professional GK penalised for taking longer that 6 seconds - its doesn't happen. If it did Mr Shearer would say referees are ruining the game I bet!

Stoppage time - Agree 3 and 7 for me and I usually get it right when predicting them on the day, so yes you're right there, but he did play 6 in the end after another fake injury from Millwall player.

Smith - Do think he gives as much as he gets, very difficult to call when so many players in small area. Actually thought the early shove on Scowan was our strongest penalty shout. The off the ball ones are always going to be difficult to spot which is why defenders try them. He did book a Millwall player for one that he did see though.

Look forward to more of these discussions as the season goes on!

Boring if we all thought the same after every match

On the sending off I agree (in part) with Neil Harris, think the high late challenge in 2nd half could easily have been a red - it was a yellow, but can see why he gave the red he did.

As discussed in Mane thread, forget about intent, its not relevant as far as law goes.

Cheers
Referee - Mr Roger East on 17:39 - Sep 13 with 3641 viewsW7Ranger

57 seconds, lands just a few yards in front of Smithies from the direction of...

the upper tier!

[Post edited 13 Sep 2017 17:39]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024