Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who had the best transfer window? 09:16 - Aug 10 with 203 viewsOc7saint

I am happy with our business this summer but who has had the best window?

So many teams seem to have made some really good signings. For me Fulham, Liverpool and West Ham have had the best.

Everton and Wolves have also done some good business.
[Post edited 10 Aug 9:21]

Who had the best transfer window? on 09:22 - Aug 10 with 196 viewsSonicBoom

What's a good transfer window?
You won't know who had a good window until January. Look at Everton last year. Spent a fortune then sacked Koeman 3 months later.
All we know now is who spent the most money.
Who had the best transfer window? on 09:57 - Aug 10 with 169 viewsOc7saint

Who had the best transfer window? on 09:22 - Aug 10 by SonicBoom

What's a good transfer window?
You won't know who had a good window until January. Look at Everton last year. Spent a fortune then sacked Koeman 3 months later.
All we know now is who spent the most money.

Of course any of the big signings could turn out to be donkeys, and it will probably turn out one of the ones that went under the radar turns out to be the best transfer come the end of the season.

But on the face of it there must be some happy fans going into the season. Personally I think our signings SEEM to be really good. With a better manager than this time last year and the signings we have made I am certainly more optimistic than I was two months ago.

Who had the best transfer window? on 10:29 - Aug 10 with 148 viewsBuggalugs

I think it’s ridiculous the amount of players some clubs have signed. Brighton, Fulham, West Ham Wolves all signing 10+ players. I know some on here would be tanking off if we bought in those sorts of numbers, but surely changing the dynamics of any team so drastically isn’t a good thing.

All most fans seem to care about is that their club is spending...doesn’t really matter that you haven’t heard of most of them!

Poll: Who is the most in-the-know on SFC’s transfer activity?

Who had the best transfer window? on 10:36 - Aug 10 with 142 viewsthis_charming_man

Who had the best transfer window? on 10:29 - Aug 10 by Buggalugs

I think it’s ridiculous the amount of players some clubs have signed. Brighton, Fulham, West Ham Wolves all signing 10+ players. I know some on here would be tanking off if we bought in those sorts of numbers, but surely changing the dynamics of any team so drastically isn’t a good thing.

All most fans seem to care about is that their club is spending...doesn’t really matter that you haven’t heard of most of them!

What always amazes me how many times we will be linked with a player the majority of us would never have heard of yet immediately he becomes a vital player to sign and it being an absolute disaster that we had missed out on them. Usually there are a number of mongboard experts who watch a lot of football in the country that player plays in who can give a detailed assessment of the players ability, strengths, how he’d fit in at saints and in the premier league. I’m in awe at the level of expertise to be honest.

Official club mongboard liaison officer
Poll: So whose fault is it?

Who had the best transfer window? on 10:52 - Aug 10 with 130 viewsSonicBoom

True. Us fans equate how good a player is by how much he costs.
We as a club cannot afford the finished article like the top 4 can. So all of our players are compromised in some way. Vestergaard is huge but possibly slow. The managers' job is to try and fill in the missing bits and develop them.
Ings is a great striker but had injury issues. Teams like us decide whether to take the risk.

Or we buy someone with potential who could turn out to be great like a Van Dijk.

Our teamsheet looks decent now. Not amazing but decent. But what you don't get from a teamsheet is the personality of the team. That's the fun bit. A team can always be greater than the sum of it's parts. With hard work and a positive attitude any team can perform above it's supposed level as Burnley did last year.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2018