Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bony 08:17 - Aug 22 with 5996 viewswaynekerr55

If he stays and gets fit, how will he do in this league?

With wide players getting crosses in also, I reckon he'll bag a few

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Bony on 08:19 - Aug 22 with 4428 viewsmagicdaps10

If he stays fit and plays, he would be a beast in this league.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Bony on 08:21 - Aug 22 with 4413 views34dfgdf54

He would have absolutely steamrolled their makeshift centre half partnership yesterday that's for sure.
Bony on 08:40 - Aug 22 with 4320 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Bony on 09:41 - Aug 22 with 4110 viewsSwansea93

I hope he stays and keeps fit, he's clearly committed to playing for us, he was at the game again yesterday.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Bony on 09:56 - Aug 22 with 4055 viewsportsidejack

Should never have had him back sorry, you seen the best of Bony first time around.
Bony on 10:03 - Aug 22 with 4007 viewsomarjack

He'll be a beast in this division, weaker sides defences will sh!t themselves paying against him. But will he be fit? And if he is going to be fit soon, I doubt he'll stay.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Bony on 10:04 - Aug 22 with 4005 viewslifelong

What injury has he got?

He hasn’t played for months, how much longer will he be out?
Bony on 10:05 - Aug 22 with 4004 viewsSwan91

Seems like GP is working well with Montero... if he can do the same for Bony then could be another impact sub! I would be more than happy to see Mcburnie first choice with Bony coming on if we need more strength or more hold up play. Could be very decent for us.
Login to get fewer ads

Bony on 10:06 - Aug 22 with 3995 viewsAnotherJohn

Bony on 09:56 - Aug 22 by portsidejack

Should never have had him back sorry, you seen the best of Bony first time around.

Probably true in terms of Bony's very best, but trying to think positively I predict that he would still score quite a few in this league. The question is: will the owners give him that chance? I personally feel it would be worth it, especially if Wilf was willing to re-negotiate his contract to take a lower basic wage and bigger bonus element.
Bony on 10:19 - Aug 22 with 3936 viewsSwan91

Bony on 10:06 - Aug 22 by AnotherJohn

Probably true in terms of Bony's very best, but trying to think positively I predict that he would still score quite a few in this league. The question is: will the owners give him that chance? I personally feel it would be worth it, especially if Wilf was willing to re-negotiate his contract to take a lower basic wage and bigger bonus element.

I don't think he will be ready before the actual window ends so he should be here till january.. I definitely think GP will give him chances and if doesnt work then get rid in january.
Bony on 10:30 - Aug 22 with 3893 viewsSwansea93

Play McBurnie and Bony together?

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Bony on 10:32 - Aug 22 with 3887 viewsTom1912

After watching Fer dominate the opposition physically last night, I'd love to see Bony having a go at doing the same.

Whether he's ever in a state to do so remains to be soon.
Bony on 10:39 - Aug 22 with 3858 viewstheloneranger

Bony on 10:04 - Aug 22 by lifelong

What injury has he got?

He hasn’t played for months, how much longer will he be out?

He had an op when he tore his anterior cruciate ligament last Feb.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Bony on 10:58 - Aug 22 with 3794 viewsjack247

He’d have a field day. Fer looked head and shoulders above at times last night, Bony would dominate defences, especially with the support he’d get in a Potter team.

He’s never, ever going to be fit enough for two games a week though. Sharing the role with McBurnie seems the best option.
Bony on 15:04 - Aug 22 with 3534 viewsLord_Bony

Even if he was fit next week I think McBurnie would still be the striker of choice.

Hope there's some good news he'll be fit enough to play soon.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Bony on 15:31 - Aug 22 with 3455 viewsnantywatcher

Bony on 10:58 - Aug 22 by jack247

He’d have a field day. Fer looked head and shoulders above at times last night, Bony would dominate defences, especially with the support he’d get in a Potter team.

He’s never, ever going to be fit enough for two games a week though. Sharing the role with McBurnie seems the best option.

Jack247 - you are a poster whose opinion I almost always respect, but
"Bony would dominate defences,"
Sorry but that's a big no from me - he can powerfully shield a ball, but other than that what he usually does, when he eventually gets the ball under control, is distribution that is chaotic at best. We've got him for a few months as an impact sub, and I would love to be proved wrong but I cannot see him hacking it in this league. Bolt and Bony in Australia might well work.
Bony on 19:59 - Aug 22 with 3262 viewsNeath_Jack

Will he get back in the team? McBurnie may have bagged 10+ goals by then, and if he has, then Bony would need to be doing extraordinary things in his substitute appearances to get a starting birth.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Bony on 20:36 - Aug 22 with 3163 viewsNeathJack

Bony on 19:59 - Aug 22 by Neath_Jack

Will he get back in the team? McBurnie may have bagged 10+ goals by then, and if he has, then Bony would need to be doing extraordinary things in his substitute appearances to get a starting birth.

With games Sat/Tues as often as they are, there's plenty of scope for them both to start a fair share assuming he regains fitness.

Problem is that while he may come back, I'm sure he'll be injured again in no time.
Bony on 20:42 - Aug 22 with 3139 viewsDr_Winston

A fit and firing Wilf would kick the everloving shit out of this division. McBurnie would score 20 goals just by association.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Bony on 20:57 - Aug 22 with 3076 viewssherpajacob

"Montero, beats his man crosses to bony, who scores."

What is,the world record for assist/ goals 2 player partnership in a league single season?

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Bony on 21:10 - Aug 22 with 3034 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Bony on 20:42 - Aug 22 by Dr_Winston

A fit and firing Wilf would kick the everloving shit out of this division. McBurnie would score 20 goals just by association.

I was one who didn't want him back but that's history now. We are where we are, and Potter needs every fit body he can get.
I share your opinion, the drop in intensity and standard will make the division easy for him if he gets fit. It's a long hard season so the two of them will have pivotal roles.

Even better - Mackay has been very unlucky in front of goal with some tremendous strikes displaying a high level of skill. Same for Celina. Once they start firing it will be a tremendous campaign.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Bony on 21:20 - Aug 22 with 2995 viewsItchySphincter

Bony on 09:41 - Aug 22 by Swansea93

I hope he stays and keeps fit, he's clearly committed to playing for us, he was at the game again yesterday.

Huh? Why wouldn't he be at the game?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Bony on 21:36 - Aug 22 with 2954 viewsDr_Winston

Bony on 21:20 - Aug 22 by ItchySphincter

Huh? Why wouldn't he be at the game?

There's a difference between being at the game and being sat on the bench clearly wishing you were fit to play.

There's a lot of entirely justified cynicism about players on high wages these days, but it's hard to avoid the conclusion that Wilf is just as pissed off about not being available as most of the supporters are.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Bony on 22:59 - Aug 22 with 2841 viewsGriffting

Seems like one expensive impact sub, as he will have to be protected by Potter coming back into the team much like Montero. Would be incredible in this league when fit but for the reason just given I expect us to try and get him off the books before August 31st.
Bony on 00:23 - Aug 23 with 2752 viewsjasper_T

Bony on 22:59 - Aug 22 by Griffting

Seems like one expensive impact sub, as he will have to be protected by Potter coming back into the team much like Montero. Would be incredible in this league when fit but for the reason just given I expect us to try and get him off the books before August 31st.

There's no chance he's fit enough to go anywhere before then.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024