Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leigh Dineen DM conversation 08:05 - Aug 27 with 10908 viewswaynekerr55

Check out @Footyrhys’s Tweet:

Makes interesting reading.

This post has been edited by an administrator

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 08:15 - Aug 27 with 5435 viewsN_T_J

It goes by to fast for me to read 😂
Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 08:23 - Aug 27 with 5396 viewsJango

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 08:15 - Aug 27 by N_T_J

It goes by to fast for me to read 😂

Tap the screen to pause/play.
Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 08:24 - Aug 27 with 5387 viewsE20Jack

Not really interesting apart from Dineens insatiable need to talk to anyone who will listen.

It is exactly what myself and the Res have been telling everyone for months. No money, we are running the club properly and will build slowly once PL wages are gone from the books.

Not a single revelation there at all.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 08:51 - Aug 27 with 5295 viewsN_T_J

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 08:23 - Aug 27 by Jango

Tap the screen to pause/play.

👍
Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 08:53 - Aug 27 with 5285 viewsChief

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 08:24 - Aug 27 by E20Jack

Not really interesting apart from Dineens insatiable need to talk to anyone who will listen.

It is exactly what myself and the Res have been telling everyone for months. No money, we are running the club properly and will build slowly once PL wages are gone from the books.

Its a fair revelation there that he basically thinks Pearlman and his team aren't up to it

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 09:06 - Aug 27 with 5242 viewsUxbridge

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 08:53 - Aug 27 by Chief

Its a fair revelation there that he basically thinks Pearlman and his team aren't up to it

That was the bit that intrigued me and I'm sure will interest those at the club who are involved in such deals. If someone was going around taking credit for my work I'd be pretty furious. More worrying would be if he's telling the truth. That's an obvious question we'll need clarity on.

Rule #1 of online comms, don't say anything you aren't prepared to put your name to, because odds are it'll come out. It's remarkably naive at best, some would say just plain unprofessional.

In the interests of balance, there's not a lot wrong with what he said regarding the financial impact of relegation. It's surprising how many people don't understand there's a financial black hole that arises from relegation that needs filling, and seem to think the parachute payments are something on top. If only.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 09:09 - Aug 27 with 5214 viewspeenemunde

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 08:24 - Aug 27 by E20Jack

Correct
Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 09:12 - Aug 27 with 5191 viewsBillyChong

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 09:06 - Aug 27 by Uxbridge

That was the bit that intrigued me and I'm sure will interest those at the club who are involved in such deals. If someone was going around taking credit for my work I'd be pretty furious. More worrying would be if he's telling the truth. That's an obvious question we'll need clarity on.

Rule #1 of online comms, don't say anything you aren't prepared to put your name to, because odds are it'll come out. It's remarkably naive at best, some would say just plain unprofessional.

In the interests of balance, there's not a lot wrong with what he said regarding the financial impact of relegation. It's surprising how many people don't understand there's a financial black hole that arises from relegation that needs filling, and seem to think the parachute payments are something on top. If only.

Very amateur from Dineen and further evidence of how that lot aren’t afraid to throw anyone under a bus.
Login to get fewer ads

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 09:14 - Aug 27 with 5177 viewsDewi1jack

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 08:53 - Aug 27 by Chief

Nor were him, Shagger, Beaky and the others in the last couple of years before the sale.

Mismanagement by the shed full there.

5 years Dimwit had a fugful of free WORLDWIDE advertising possible (courtesy of everyone watching the PL through Sky sales.)
What do we get?
A funeral parlour and the local Curry house
Norwich on their promotion while we were up managed to add 27 new partners. We added the Swans lottery.
Lazy, woeful performance

Ngog, Tabfatty, Borja, Mesa, Bony return, Ayew return, allowing a manager to tear up our style and get rid of all the ball players. Monk in charge 2nd season, Guido 2nd season, Clement 2nd season
That's going to get a long list if i keep adding to it, but you catch my drift

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 09:21 - Aug 27 with 5128 viewsJango

Dineen is not the brightest that’s for sure.
Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 09:33 - Aug 27 with 5057 viewstrampie

How many times have I got to say, football is as much an art as a science, moneyball will not out do a good football judge, use stats to identify a short list if you have to then it needs a good scout to pick a player.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 09:38 - Aug 27 with 5044 viewsDewi1jack

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 09:21 - Aug 27 by Jango

Dineen is not the brightest that’s for sure.

Not sure how many times that's been said in regards to his (and his family/ friends) online media comments.

Ux.
Shirley there's not many people who don't understand the huge difference in cash flow between the PL and Championship is there?
Thought Dimwit was showing off his degree in "Stating the Bleedin' Obvious" there

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 09:41 - Aug 27 with 5031 viewsUxbridge

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 09:38 - Aug 27 by Dewi1jack

Not sure how many times that's been said in regards to his (and his family/ friends) online media comments.

Ux.
Shirley there's not many people who don't understand the huge difference in cash flow between the PL and Championship is there?
Thought Dimwit was showing off his degree in "Stating the Bleedin' Obvious" there

I've lost count of the number of people who have asked me why we haven't spent the parachute payments, as if it's some sort of bonus money on top of what we usually have.

A close second is how it's a disgrace that our money has been used to buy Rooney for DC United.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 09:43 - Aug 27 with 5017 viewsOhRobbieRobbie

- Sending messages to random fans that accuse a player of lying
- Sending messages to random fans that imply somebody more senior than him is incompetent
- Trying to take full credit for deals that would have happened with or without him
- Justifying his existence by saying he worked some of his 16 years service for no pay (as if the several million pounds when he did get paid wasn't quite enough)
- Trying to take credit for abysmal performance in his role, which Huw Jenkins himself conceded was a tragically under-performing Commercial Department
- Justifying his own and HJ's abysmal performance by saying there's nobody better because they 'know the club'
- Putting us in this whole position in the first place by selling our club to a bunch of clowns who told us they had the financial resources to take us to the next level - where the polar opposite is actually happening both financially and in terms of being at the next level

This man should be run out of town. An absolute disgrace of the highest order. Our club truly is a complete and utter basket case - you couldn't make it up. Dineen and Jenkins are the two most deluded people I think I've ever known of. Sucking our club dry - while we continue to let it happen. Everyone, especially them, needs to wake the f*** up.
Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 09:55 - Aug 27 with 4945 viewsJackfath

The bit about saying Huw knows the club and cant be replaced:

Does Mr Dineen truly believe a worldwide company like SCFC wouldn't attract some top individuals especially given that the salary is in the region of a reported 500k per year?

Is there nobody else in the world as capable as Mr Jenkins?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 10:01 - Aug 27 with 4906 viewsE20Jack

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 09:55 - Aug 27 by Jackfath

The bit about saying Huw knows the club and cant be replaced:

Does Mr Dineen truly believe a worldwide company like SCFC wouldn't attract some top individuals especially given that the salary is in the region of a reported 500k per year?

Is there nobody else in the world as capable as Mr Jenkins?

Any suggestions?

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 10:06 - Aug 27 with 4894 viewsJackfath

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 10:01 - Aug 27 by E20Jack

Any suggestions?

I am sure that the majority owners have it within their skillset to be able to contact a decent company who could headhunt a list of potential candidates.

That's about as far as I would be able to suggest as this really isn't my area of expertise, however I am sure you'd agree with the above and have more of an idea, being a successful businessman yourself?
[Post edited 27 Aug 2018 10:12]

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 11:00 - Aug 27 with 4772 viewsJonathans_coat

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 09:43 - Aug 27 by OhRobbieRobbie

- Sending messages to random fans that accuse a player of lying
- Sending messages to random fans that imply somebody more senior than him is incompetent
- Trying to take full credit for deals that would have happened with or without him
- Justifying his existence by saying he worked some of his 16 years service for no pay (as if the several million pounds when he did get paid wasn't quite enough)
- Trying to take credit for abysmal performance in his role, which Huw Jenkins himself conceded was a tragically under-performing Commercial Department
- Justifying his own and HJ's abysmal performance by saying there's nobody better because they 'know the club'
- Putting us in this whole position in the first place by selling our club to a bunch of clowns who told us they had the financial resources to take us to the next level - where the polar opposite is actually happening both financially and in terms of being at the next level

This man should be run out of town. An absolute disgrace of the highest order. Our club truly is a complete and utter basket case - you couldn't make it up. Dineen and Jenkins are the two most deluded people I think I've ever known of. Sucking our club dry - while we continue to let it happen. Everyone, especially them, needs to wake the f*** up.

So the whole justification for the sale that was given by HJ and LD:-

That the yanks would be able to increase our poor commercial performance (LD) and increase revenue through their contacts.

That we would be financially more secure as the yanks “deeper pockets” would be able to support us through loans/investment ect to help with cash flow during times of hardship or to push us to the fabled “next level”

........are total lies (as we all suspected). Not only are they not prepared to actuall “invest” a penny of their own money, LD is suggesting they are doing an even worse job than he was on our commercial dealings! Wonderful stuff! Not covering himself in glory here is he LD.
Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 11:15 - Aug 27 with 4715 viewsDarran

I don’t understand why they’re still there of their own doing. People can paint it up about money and perks as much as they want but when your family is being subjected to some shocking abuse why would you continue and make it worse.
I know for a fact that an offspring of one of them was followed by a minder on a night out and that was over a year ago.

If people want to abuse the individuals that’s fine but the family’s should be left out of it,the biggest question as I’ve said is why would you want to make it worse because worse it’s going to get.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 11:18 - Aug 27 with 4705 viewsLord_Bony

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 09:14 - Aug 27 by Dewi1jack

Nor were him, Shagger, Beaky and the others in the last couple of years before the sale.

Mismanagement by the shed full there.

5 years Dimwit had a fugful of free WORLDWIDE advertising possible (courtesy of everyone watching the PL through Sky sales.)
What do we get?
A funeral parlour and the local Curry house
Norwich on their promotion while we were up managed to add 27 new partners. We added the Swans lottery.
Lazy, woeful performance

Ngog, Tabfatty, Borja, Mesa, Bony return, Ayew return, allowing a manager to tear up our style and get rid of all the ball players. Monk in charge 2nd season, Guido 2nd season, Clement 2nd season
That's going to get a long list if i keep adding to it, but you catch my drift

This.

Gross mismanagement of wages,naive business partnerships and bad scouting have ruined what could have been a bright financial future for the club.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 11:22 - Aug 27 with 4669 viewsOhRobbieRobbie

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 11:15 - Aug 27 by Darran

I don’t understand why they’re still there of their own doing. People can paint it up about money and perks as much as they want but when your family is being subjected to some shocking abuse why would you continue and make it worse.
I know for a fact that an offspring of one of them was followed by a minder on a night out and that was over a year ago.

If people want to abuse the individuals that’s fine but the family’s should be left out of it,the biggest question as I’ve said is why would you want to make it worse because worse it’s going to get.

Well ... in the case of the Dineen's, the family joins in on social media to goad all the fans and rub their faces in it .... so fair point ... unless it's a Dineen
Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 11:23 - Aug 27 with 4663 viewsFerrieBodde

What a fvcking surprise to learn that Pearlman has been doing absolutely fvck all.

This bloke was tasked with finding a shirt sponsor and he couldn't even do that. Had to rely on Dineen of all people to do it, and it was some 2 bit gambling firm that had like 300 followers on twitter. Then when tasked with finding a shorts sponsor, he just puts Low Cost Vans on our shorts, a company that's already been sponsoring us for the past 6 years. Absolutely pathetic.
Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 11:25 - Aug 27 with 4630 viewsJonathans_coat

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 11:18 - Aug 27 by Lord_Bony

This.

Gross mismanagement of wages,naive business partnerships and bad scouting have ruined what could have been a bright financial future for the club.

But haven’t you heard? They are the best men for the job, nobody knows Swansea like they do, nobody in the entire world could do a better job than they they have, or could! We couldn’t possibly manage without them.

Thier egos have become so inflated on the way up, they have lost touch with reality when they reached the top!
Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 11:27 - Aug 27 with 4610 viewsNeathJack

And the admission that the bid for Woods was not genuine as there was no £6m, never mind the extra £500k.

The question then becomes, was Potter aware of that at the time or was he lied to as well?
Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 11:27 - Aug 27 with 4605 viewsCatullus

I'll take all that with a pinch of salt. Surely we all understand the need to cut costs but, we have massively cut costs. Two thirds of our EPL first team squad have left. The parachute payments, as I understand it, have to be spent on wages, not transfers and that 40 million is just for this season. We'll get another 30 million next season.
Going on LD's figures, our wage bill ion the EPL was around 102 million, We need to knwo what it is now if we are to make a sensible appraisal of how much or how little money we have to spend but adding our income (parachute payment, transfer fees and assumed income this season) together we have around 85 million. With all the players leaving, would it be unreasonable to say our wage bill is halved? That'd be around 50 million. Of course I could be wildly off target but that suggests we have around 20 million in the tank. That's before taking into account last January where we made 22 million profit.
There's cuts and there's where we are, assuming I'm close. I suppose we won't know until the accounts are published though. Until then we have two choices, walk away and stop putting money into the club (in the full knwoledge that could seriously harm our already paper thin club) or keep going, support the team but not the owners or board and hope for the best.
As unhappy as I am, I'm firmly in the keep going camp. If only because I hope, if the owners are doing anything untoward it will come to light and the powers that be will step in. Whether that's naive, pragmatic or whatever, it's where I am.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024