Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Hoedt angling for a loan out in Jan? 13:30 - Oct 11 with 965 viewsI_would

'Wesley Hoedt has hinted that the club’s issues at the back are down to Mark Hughes not doing enough work on it on the training pitch.'
The 24-year-old said, via the Daily Echo: “In Italy they spend days on defending instead of moments of days."

“That’s just the difference in culture. In Italy we did two or three extra training sessions a week only for the defensive unit.”

If true it's a damning indictment on Hughes and would explain why our defense leaks goals like a sieve. Looks like Hughes or Hoedt will be gone very soon. Could it be the same problem with our attack?

Poll: When will Les get his new preferred 'Yes Man' in?

Is Hoedt angling for a loan out in Jan? on 14:56 - Oct 11 with 902 viewskingslandstand1

If he did 3 days training and found that necessary in Italy, that probably explains why he's cr@p in the Prem - did he not learn anything by spending 3/4 of his time just on defensive issues

Is Hoedt angling for a loan out in Jan? on 15:09 - Oct 11 with 893 viewsthis_charming_man

Bit of a cheek criticising others when he’s been dreadful since he’s been here

Official club mongboard liaison officer
Poll: So whose fault is it?

Is Hoedt angling for a loan out in Jan? on 15:28 - Oct 11 with 886 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Is Hoedt angling for a loan out in Jan? on 15:09 - Oct 11 by this_charming_man

Bit of a cheek criticising others when he’s been dreadful since he’s been here

True, but it's interesting that he's saying the training isn't up to scratch - I get the feeling the training may be more about 5-a-side matches, old school training style.

Either way, they've had 2 years of terrible training it would appear under Pellegrino and Hughes, but you can also say "you can't polish a turd".

Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Is Hoedt angling for a loan out in Jan? on 16:15 - Oct 11 with 855 viewssaint22

Interesting if true you would expect him to be on the bench next game
also if true explains an awful lot
but I am not sure if he did a months defensive training he would get it
Is Hoedt angling for a loan out in Jan? on 16:30 - Oct 11 with 841 viewsLeslie_Hughes

Is Hoedt angling for a loan out in Jan? on 16:15 - Oct 11 by saint22

Interesting if true you would expect him to be on the bench next game
also if true explains an awful lot
but I am not sure if he did a months defensive training he would get it

Not a patch on your u8’s sessions, hey?

Poll: Who Has The Most Impressive Lifestyle On Here?

Is Hoedt angling for a loan out in Jan? on 16:30 - Oct 11 with 841 viewsRon11

Is Hoedt angling for a loan out in Jan? on 14:56 - Oct 11 by kingslandstand1

If he did 3 days training and found that necessary in Italy, that probably explains why he's cr@p in the Prem - did he not learn anything by spending 3/4 of his time just on defensive issues

And learning how to put the ball in his own net
Is Hoedt angling for a loan out in Jan? on 17:41 - Oct 11 with 783 viewsgreen

Is Hoedt angling for a loan out in Jan? on 16:30 - Oct 11 by Ron11

And learning how to put the ball in his own net

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/stoke-city-defender-marc-wilson-857

Stoke players criticised Hughes for this as well but Les would know this because he’s been tracking him for the last 80 years.

Is Hoedt angling for a loan out in Jan? on 19:06 - Oct 11 with 711 viewsKennington

It’s clear the players don’t know what they’re doing a lot of the time so I can we’ll beieve Hoedt. Sunday was a case in point as the system changes meant players were all over the shop and looked lost. As to training, there’s no doubt the players haven’t really looked that fit since around Koeman’s second season, at that point things began to slide. Under MP the team was ultra fit and organised. Yes the players were better but many of them weren’t that much, but the absolute maximum was got out of all of them bar Osvaldo. Now the team is unfit and poorly setup, which is only leading to one thing; the championship.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Login to get fewer ads

Is Hoedt angling for a loan out in Jan? on 20:04 - Oct 11 with 671 viewsHappy_Jack

I wonder which brand of dishwasher Hoedt favours and how many holidays he's been on this year.

Millbrook Furnishing shop floor level banter
Poll: Who on this forum has the most impressive contact list on their phone?

Is Hoedt angling for a loan out in Jan? on 20:29 - Oct 11 with 636 viewsthis_charming_man

Is Hoedt angling for a loan out in Jan? on 20:04 - Oct 11 by Happy_Jack

I wonder which brand of dishwasher Hoedt favours and how many holidays he's been on this year.

Bet he has a cleaner to mop his filthy floor
[Post edited 11 Oct 20:29]

Official club mongboard liaison officer
Poll: So whose fault is it?

Is Hoedt angling for a loan out in Jan? on 08:55 - Oct 12 with 457 viewsSonicBoom

I never buy into this "the players aren't fit" thing. With all due respect that's nonsense.
The players are heavily monitored in every training session and via opta during the matches.
The fitness staff would be able to give all the data at a moments notice on every single player in the squad.
If any of the players were overweight or struggling with stamina it would stand out like a sore thumb. It's not like the old days where players could hide in training and jog along at the back.
Is Hoedt angling for a loan out in Jan? on 09:19 - Oct 12 with 443 viewsLeslie_Hughes

Is Hoedt angling for a loan out in Jan? on 08:55 - Oct 12 by SonicBoom

I never buy into this "the players aren't fit" thing. With all due respect that's nonsense.
The players are heavily monitored in every training session and via opta during the matches.
The fitness staff would be able to give all the data at a moments notice on every single player in the squad.
If any of the players were overweight or struggling with stamina it would stand out like a sore thumb. It's not like the old days where players could hide in training and jog along at the back.

Exactly. One of his strengths is the last ditch tackle where he has to sprint back. Our weakest area is defending set pieces and giving soft goals away with poor passes lack of concentration. This sounds like a case of passing the buck.

Is Hoedt angling for a loan out in Jan? on 10:20 - Oct 12 with 405 viewsKennington

Is Hoedt angling for a loan out in Jan? on 08:55 - Oct 12 by SonicBoom

I respectfully disagree.

For me fitness isn’t just being in top physical and mental shape it’s being fitter than your opponents. Which we rarely seem to be and that’s why we concede so many late goals. It would be interesting to compare a good old bleep test with this squad and Pocchetino’s. I’d be amazed if this one was fitter. Part of this is that we don’t seem to buy genuinely athletic players, instead we buy technically adequate types that can do a job reasonably well. Many of these players could well be at their peak fitness, which if true is an indictment on whoever sanctioned their signings. When was the last time we as fans heard about the club doing double training sessions? That was talked about a lot under MP.
[Post edited 12 Oct 10:25]

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Is Hoedt angling for a loan out in Jan? on 10:52 - Oct 12 with 394 viewsLeslie_Hughes

Is Hoedt angling for a loan out in Jan? on 10:20 - Oct 12 by Kennington

I respectfully disagree.

For me fitness isn’t just being in top physical and mental shape it’s being fitter than your opponents. Which we rarely seem to be and that’s why we concede so many late goals. It would be interesting to compare a good old bleep test with this squad and Pocchetino’s. I’d be amazed if this one was fitter. Part of this is that we don’t seem to buy genuinely athletic players, instead we buy technically adequate types that can do a job reasonably well. Many of these players could well be at their peak fitness, which if true is an indictment on whoever sanctioned their signings. When was the last time we as fans heard about the club doing double training sessions? That was talked about a lot under MP.
[Post edited 12 Oct 10:25]

What about mental concentration? Maybe they think the job is done? Good points though and interesting debate.

Is Hoedt angling for a loan out in Jan? on 12:43 - Oct 12 with 347 viewsRustyhelmet

Is Hoedt angling for a loan out in Jan? on 10:52 - Oct 12 by Leslie_Hughes

What about mental concentration? Maybe they think the job is done? Good points though and interesting debate.

A bit of both i would suggest - this zonal marking b0ll0cks just isn't working, if every fan can see it, and by now pretty much the rest of the league has worked it out how come MH and his team haven't changed it?

But also, lets not forget that Hoedt and the other defenders have also made ridiculous individual mistakes, absolute schoolboy stuff - even school kids get taught play the way you're facing and all that good jazz.

I'm not having it that international, well paid, senior footballers can't just think ''hold up, this ain't working, so what i'll do is use my f*cking brain and try something else".
Is Hoedt angling for a loan out in Jan? on 13:18 - Oct 12 with 329 viewsI_would

Is Hoedt angling for a loan out in Jan? on 12:43 - Oct 12 by Rustyhelmet

A bit of both i would suggest - this zonal marking b0ll0cks just isn't working, if every fan can see it, and by now pretty much the rest of the league has worked it out how come MH and his team haven't changed it?

But also, lets not forget that Hoedt and the other defenders have also made ridiculous individual mistakes, absolute schoolboy stuff - even school kids get taught play the way you're facing and all that good jazz.

I'm not having it that international, well paid, senior footballers can't just think ''hold up, this ain't working, so what i'll do is use my f*cking brain and try something else".

Surely, even out of just pride, senior players should organise themselves (zonal marking, really great? etc ) without having to wait for the manager to spoon feed them. Obviously Hughes is now eyeing up the £9m early leaver prize that has gone to the last 2 managers due to Reed's inept recruitment choices.

Poll: When will Les get his new preferred 'Yes Man' in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2018