Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some questions 23:51 - Nov 8 with 883 viewsMatt_Finish

Who sacked Reed and why? I assume it was Gao? So will Gao use his extensive knowledge of football to appoint the right replacement or will be leave it to the hockey player? Does he even know Reed has gone seeing as he seems to have forgotten where Southampton is?

Krueger says we have to take time to get the right man. Where have we heard that before? Didn't we take loads of time ensuring we replaced Koeman and Puel with the right man? Look how that's turned out. If they sacked Reed without having a replacement lined up you've got to assume it's the result of a bust up? Perhaps Reed wanted shot of Hughes? Obviously Gao, Leibherr and Krueger didn't cos Hughes is still here.

The thing that worries me is which one of Gao, Kat and Krueger is making the footballing decisions now?

Regardless what you thought of Reed this could be a massive fück up

Some questions on 08:49 - Nov 9 with 776 viewsgentlekenneth

Literally anyone could do a better job than Reed as all our most erudite fans have consistently pointed out. He has literally no footballing knowledge and doesn’t look after himself physically. Les’ tenure has literally been a disaster for the club and now we are free of his interfering, controlling, manipulative, spiteful ways we can finally move forward. Reed single-handedly took us to the brink because of his out of control ego and forced the good footballing people of Ralph Krueger, Katherina Liebherr and Mr Geo to step in. Having already forced out countless players and managers (including club legends like Pelle, Tadic, VVD and Alderweireld) I imagine they would have been next on the hit list in his quest for control at SFC and, eventually, the world. Your concerns are way off the mark - everything before yesterday was shit, everything from now onwards will be awesome.
Some questions on 10:12 - Nov 9 with 715 viewsLeslie_Hughes

Some questions on 08:49 - Nov 9 by gentlekenneth

Literally anyone could do a better job than Reed as all our most erudite fans have consistently pointed out. He has literally no footballing knowledge and doesn’t look after himself physically. Les’ tenure has literally been a disaster for the club and now we are free of his interfering, controlling, manipulative, spiteful ways we can finally move forward. Reed single-handedly took us to the brink because of his out of control ego and forced the good footballing people of Ralph Krueger, Katherina Liebherr and Mr Geo to step in. Having already forced out countless players and managers (including club legends like Pelle, Tadic, VVD and Alderweireld) I imagine they would have been next on the hit list in his quest for control at SFC and, eventually, the world. Your concerns are way off the mark - everything before yesterday was shit, everything from now onwards will be awesome.

Wow. Just wow.........wow

Poll: United Kingdom Ugly Inside European Union membership referendum, 2018

Some questions on 10:32 - Nov 9 with 695 viewsthis_charming_man

Some of your questions are answered on this thread pal

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/forum/231764/does-anyone-know

Official club mongboard liaison officer
Poll: Should Hughes be sacked?

Some questions on 12:26 - Nov 9 with 642 viewsI_would

Some questions on 08:49 - Nov 9 by gentlekenneth

You are absolutely spot on, perfect. Except it wasn't world dominance that Reed was interested in, it was grinding everything and everybody as Saints into submission through his inveigled company position that he was determined to achieve. And he got away with it for a while until his long overdue ignominious demise.
Everything seems brighter and more hopeful today. Wonderful. Should win tomorrow and start scoring regularly now.

Poll: When will Les get his new preferred 'Yes Man' in?

Some questions on 13:13 - Nov 9 with 591 viewsgentlekenneth

Some questions on 12:26 - Nov 9 by I_would

You are absolutely spot on, perfect. Except it wasn't world dominance that Reed was interested in, it was grinding everything and everybody as Saints into submission through his inveigled company position that he was determined to achieve. And he got away with it for a while until his long overdue ignominious demise.
Everything seems brighter and more hopeful today. Wonderful. Should win tomorrow and start scoring regularly now.

Absolutely. I expect Austin to score a perfect hat-trick tomorrow now that he's not protesting against Les' continued presence at the club.

Some questions on 13:26 - Nov 9 with 581 viewsSaintNick

Why would you assume it was Gao ? In many respects Gao has been the ideal football club owner, he hasnt meddled in areas he has no idea of, he has let those who up till the time he took over had run the club very well for the past 4 seasons.

To call Krueger a hockey player and insunuate that he has no right to run a football club because of this is just as silly as claiming that Richard Branson should not run an airline because he is a record shop assistant.

Look at most clubs in the upper echelons of the English leagues and most have foreign owners who prefer to stay in the background quietly and most have Chairmen and Chief executives whose background was not originally in football.

Of course you have heard things before because that is what people say in press statements, this is a big company, Krueger has to say the right things if only because it would be silly to say "I have someone lined up" which will either make him look silly should it fall through or alert our competitors to the situation.

They have sacked Reed because they had to do something, clearly Reed had not met certain criteria and Krueger wasn't happy, sometimes you have to do stuff that shows you are alert to the situation, the fans wanted to see positive action and now they have it.

Krueger has done his job in dealing with the issues of the last 18 months or so.

I would suggest that Hughes job is now less secure, he was appointed by Reed who needed him to succeed to keep his jon, if he sacked him then he was admitting his own shortcomings, now with Reed gone the club can let Hughes go as part of the process or putting things right

In truth there are little footballing decisions to make at the moment, Staplewood etc runs on smoothly, the scouting system continues to run and identify players and won't come into play till January anyway, the only real issue is if they want to appoint a new manager and Krueger who now has four years experience under his belt will know enough to get in consultants to help in this just as Everton did when they appointed Koeman's manager as their consultant back in 2016.

In truth Reed's main work has been all about building up the training ground and academies etc, that is now done, he has gone because of his managerial appointements

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Some questions on 13:30 - Nov 9 with 571 viewsjordan_sibley

Some questions on 13:26 - Nov 9 by SaintNick

Why would you assume it was Gao ? In many respects Gao has been the ideal football club owner, he hasnt meddled in areas he has no idea of, he has let those who up till the time he took over had run the club very well for the past 4 seasons.

To call Krueger a hockey player and insunuate that he has no right to run a football club because of this is just as silly as claiming that Richard Branson should not run an airline because he is a record shop assistant.

Look at most clubs in the upper echelons of the English leagues and most have foreign owners who prefer to stay in the background quietly and most have Chairmen and Chief executives whose background was not originally in football.

Of course you have heard things before because that is what people say in press statements, this is a big company, Krueger has to say the right things if only because it would be silly to say "I have someone lined up" which will either make him look silly should it fall through or alert our competitors to the situation.

They have sacked Reed because they had to do something, clearly Reed had not met certain criteria and Krueger wasn't happy, sometimes you have to do stuff that shows you are alert to the situation, the fans wanted to see positive action and now they have it.

Krueger has done his job in dealing with the issues of the last 18 months or so.

I would suggest that Hughes job is now less secure, he was appointed by Reed who needed him to succeed to keep his jon, if he sacked him then he was admitting his own shortcomings, now with Reed gone the club can let Hughes go as part of the process or putting things right

In truth there are little footballing decisions to make at the moment, Staplewood etc runs on smoothly, the scouting system continues to run and identify players and won't come into play till January anyway, the only real issue is if they want to appoint a new manager and Krueger who now has four years experience under his belt will know enough to get in consultants to help in this just as Everton did when they appointed Koeman's manager as their consultant back in 2016.

In truth Reed's main work has been all about building up the training ground and academies etc, that is now done, he has gone because of his managerial appointements

If Gao is “the ideal football club owner”

a) Why did the FA try to stop Fat Kat from selling to him?
b) Why did the FA change their rules to prevent a similar person buying a club?

Poll: which role would you prefer at Saints?

Some questions on 14:18 - Nov 9 with 528 viewsinthebox

Some questions on 13:30 - Nov 9 by jordan_sibley

If Gao is “the ideal football club owner”

a) Why did the FA try to stop Fat Kat from selling to him?
b) Why did the FA change their rules to prevent a similar person buying a club?

Perhaps and I emphasise perhaps Mr Gao will turn out to be a hard nosed guy who doesn't take fools lightly and want to look after his money Just the kind of fellow you want owning your club. Apparently he's got 2 reps working at the club, they have probably advised him to loose Reed.
Login to get fewer ads

Some questions on 17:28 - Nov 9 with 452 viewssaint22

Ross Wilson, the highly regarded head of recruitment, is expected to take a prominent role.

From the guardian today, if he is in charge then he should answer for why they sit on the bench
It’s all very confusing at our club? !
Some questions on 17:33 - Nov 9 with 443 viewsInspector_Gadget

Some questions on 17:28 - Nov 9 by saint22

Ross Wilson, the highly regarded head of recruitment, is expected to take a prominent role.

From the guardian today, if he is in charge then he should answer for why they sit on the bench
It’s all very confusing at our club? !

Poll: What does Mongboarding mean to you?

Some questions on 22:48 - Nov 9 with 337 viewsPatfromPoole

Worst thing to happen to Reed was the success we had under Koeman. We were at times utterly superb, and it raised expectations to unparalleled heights. His terrible managerial appointments and player acquisitions sealed his fate.

Boscombe are about to go through a similar decline now their players are being picked for England. We just need to hang in there and make sure they sink before we do.
Some questions on 13:26 - Nov 10 with 173 viewsMatt_Finish

Some questions on 13:26 - Nov 9 by SaintNick

I respect your opinion but I’ve got to disagree that Gao has been the ideal football club owner. He’s taken a loan to buy the club that he has no previous affinity to and seems to be more interested in growing football in China. Plus, between him and Kat Leibherr there has been little investment compared to the amount of money that’s come into the club through player sales, TV money and finishing position.

Let me clarify when I say ‘Who sacked Reed and why?’ What I was asking was does anyone have factual information about who made the decision and what reason was given. Don’t anyone get me wrong I’m not a massive Reed fan but equally, I don’t detest him and blame him solely for everything that’s gone wrong.

Nick, you need to chill dude. When I referred to Krueger as the hockey player it really was tongue in cheek but from that line, you got that I was insinuating that Krueger has no right to run a football club - wow!

Again I respect your opinion but I have to disagree that Gao has let those who up till the time he took over had run the club very well for the past 4 seasons and this is where I’m concerned because I don’t think the club is being run well at all. As much as Cortese was despised by a large number of fans the recent successful years of this club are the legacy of Cortese’s tenure in my opinion. If you think that Gao is an ideal owner and Krueger and Kat are doing a good job, I must have been in a parallel universe for the last few years. Our policy of selling players has been a disaster and recent managerial appointments and sackings have been appalling. We’ve appointed Pellegrino and Hughes, who both had pïss poor records and bowed to fan pressure and sacked Puel when we had no-one lined up to replace him and in addition, although the football was poor, result wise we had a good season under Puel. It was poor management to keep Pellegrino on for so long when everyone in football apart from our board could see that he was a disaster. It almost cost us relegation and Krueger justified this later by saying they’d considered removing him before but he kept pulling the odd good result out such as the draw at Old Trafford. In my opinion that is weak.

If all of this was down to Reed isn’t it a poor reflection of the people above him to let it happen?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2018