Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
watching this saints team 21:39 - Dec 5 with 831 viewsthis_charming_man

Is like playing fifa for the first time when you've not worked out how to score, tackle or any of the skill moves yet

Official club mongboard liaison officer
Poll: Should Hughes be sacked?

watching this saints team on 22:16 - Dec 5 with 723 viewssaintwizzler

Or playing your dog after 10 Heinekens

FFS
Stephens turning his back on the ball
Yoshida turning his back on the ball
These fûckers are paid good fûcking money
Get in the way!

Targett - not good enough
Even that fûcktard Cedric had a good game.

Roll on Saturday
Start again

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.

watching this saints team on 22:23 - Dec 5 with 693 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

watching this saints team on 22:16 - Dec 5 by saintwizzler

Or playing your dog after 10 Heinekens

FFS
Stephens turning his back on the ball
Yoshida turning his back on the ball
These fûckers are paid good fûcking money
Get in the way!

Targett - not good enough
Even that fûcktard Cedric had a good game.

Roll on Saturday
Start again

They aren't good enough, they're a bunch of over paid c*nts.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

watching this saints team on 23:16 - Dec 5 with 621 viewsstraight_pass

watching this saints team on 22:23 - Dec 5 by Gennaro_Contaldo

They aren't good enough, they're a bunch of over paid c*nts.

So embarrassing, your words speak for me as well!
Glad I didn't go!
watching this saints team on 02:27 - Dec 6 with 541 viewsTimSaint

watching this saints team on 23:16 - Dec 5 by straight_pass

So embarrassing, your words speak for me as well!
Glad I didn't go!

You would have thought everyone would have been up for it from the start, to do a job for Kelvin and to try to impress the new manager.

The reality was that we were slow out of the blocks, Targett not bothering to even challenge for a header that resulted in Son hitting the post after a few minutes.
Switched off for their quick corner and Yoshi ball watching as Kane had a tap in.
2nd goal - another corner not properly cleared and they score
3rd goal - another error just like Hoedt at Fulham - Targett's clearance from the left back position gets charged down and goes to Kane who crosses for the Son tap in.

We rallied a little for the last half an hour, actually had more chances than Spurs, hit the woodwork 3 times and Loris pulled off some good saves - including getting in the way of JWP's follow up to a PEH shot, when it was easier to score !!

My issue was despite the late rally, the game was already lost by then. Spurs had done their job and took their foot off the gas. It was the first half that we needed the performance of the last half hour.

I didn't expect to win and bizarrely we could have got something out of the game in the end, if our finishing was better, but we continue to get punished for the same mistakes every week.

Our defenders are so poor. This is because in training, they are up against Long, Austin, Ings and Gab. No goals or much of a threat between them, so they are not getting pushed or tested against quality strikers, or people capable of punishing their errors, so they are made to look great !!

Lets hope their fare more favourably against Cardiff on Saturday.

TimSaint

watching this saints team on 07:48 - Dec 6 with 441 viewssaint22

watching this saints team on 02:27 - Dec 6 by TimSaint

You would have thought everyone would have been up for it from the start, to do a job for Kelvin and to try to impress the new manager.

The reality was that we were slow out of the blocks, Targett not bothering to even challenge for a header that resulted in Son hitting the post after a few minutes.
Switched off for their quick corner and Yoshi ball watching as Kane had a tap in.
3rd goal - another error just like Hoedt at Fulham - Targett's clearance from the left back position gets charged down and goes to Kane who crosses for the Son tap in.

We rallied a little for the last half an hour, actually had more chances than Spurs, hit the woodwork 3 times and Loris pulled off some good saves - including getting in the way of JWP's follow up to a PEH shot, when it was easier to score !!

My issue was despite the late rally, the game was already lost by then. Spurs had done their job and took their foot off the gas. It was the first half that we needed the performance of the last half hour.

I didn't expect to win and bizarrely we could have got something out of the game in the end, if our finishing was better, but we continue to get punished for the same mistakes every week.

Our defenders are so poor. This is because in training, they are up against Long, Austin, Ings and Gab. No goals or much of a threat between them, so they are not getting pushed or tested against quality strikers, or people capable of punishing their errors, so they are made to look great !!

Well Ralph apparently starts with a clean slate so it will be interesting to see what team he picks, his tactics will take a while to bed in but his first team choice will be one to watch
Cedric again beaten as the last man for their 3rd goal, Target failing to clear a basic ball like Hoed last week its the same old same old
I really think going forward we will have some success but tieback line is letting us down time and again
Hope Ralph will have some German league gems he can call on in January
watching this saints team on 08:02 - Dec 6 with 430 viewsstraight_pass

watching this saints team on 02:27 - Dec 6 by TimSaint

Looks like you travelled to this one Tim.

Perhaps Ralph was seen laughing at times because it’s pantomime season, or perhaps his reaction was to hide the tears!
Catastrophic, clueless defending yet again, maybe there is something lacking in the training speed, but I fear it's worse because they back-off and allow players to carry the ball into the box every time! Also, man marking must be part of training, right!
We can pick out individuals that were terrible on the night, but the basic errors just keep coming whatever combination is played! Think we tried higher pressing, but when it breaks down the defence can't cope with the approach speed or long diagonal balls.

If Ralph's slate was clean, he will certainly have some question marks already!
watching this saints team on 08:06 - Dec 6 with 426 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

watching this saints team on 08:02 - Dec 6 by straight_pass

Looks like you travelled to this one Tim.

Perhaps Ralph was seen laughing at times because it’s pantomime season, or perhaps his reaction was to hide the tears!
Catastrophic, clueless defending yet again, maybe there is something lacking in the training speed, but I fear it's worse because they back-off and allow players to carry the ball into the box every time! Also, man marking must be part of training, right!
We can pick out individuals that were terrible on the night, but the basic errors just keep coming whatever combination is played! Think we tried higher pressing, but when it breaks down the defence can't cope with the approach speed or long diagonal balls.

If Ralph's slate was clean, he will certainly have some question marks already!

I think his slate will be clean however he'll have to be steered a little by Kelvin.

I was surprised to hear that the players weren't on it from the off to impress their new manager and allowing Spurs to go into a comfortable 3 goal lead before waking up is not on.

Clean slate. But we know the players that need to be shifted.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

watching this saints team on 08:27 - Dec 6 with 399 viewsbenalisbroom

Was at the game last night and whilst I thought they were a shambles, I saw some glimmers of hope: Stephens cutting out a very dangerous break high up the pitch, Targett made 2 errors but at other times seemed to read the game quite well; Austin looking deadly again when he came on. More than anything, they just seemed disorganised and I was reminded of the Stoke defender who said that under Hughes they never did defensive drills. If the new gaffer can get the lines sorted out he might make a quick impact on results. However, I really do think that Cedric shouldn’t play at wing back - spurs murdered us on that flank and though he’s a good player, he ain’t no defender....
Login to get fewer ads

watching this saints team on 08:44 - Dec 6 with 377 viewssaintwizzler

All excellent points in this thread.
If we play like the last 2 games v Cardiff we will win. If we cut out the defensive bowlers!!

https://ourmatch.net/videos/05-12-2018-tottenham-hotspur-vs-southampton/

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.

watching this saints team on 10:18 - Dec 6 with 323 viewsBaselSaint

Spurs individual workrate, fitness, concentration and the abitlity to put Saints under pressure even in our own 35 yds. Their strikers were `defending` in our half as we faffed around moving the ball backwards and sideways. No comparison. A lot of work for the new boss to do.

Poll: Saint`s current predicament

watching this saints team on 12:46 - Dec 6 with 219 viewsthis_charming_man

watching this saints team on 10:18 - Dec 6 by BaselSaint

Spurs individual workrate, fitness, concentration and the abitlity to put Saints under pressure even in our own 35 yds. Their strikers were `defending` in our half as we faffed around moving the ball backwards and sideways. No comparison. A lot of work for the new boss to do.

First game j went to this season and it was very evident that spurs players were much quicker and more aggressive than ours. They move the ball so much quicker and are quite direct at times. In the second half we lost possession in their half and in 5 seconds they had a shot at goal, we'd have been passing it sideways and backwards for 5 minute if that was us

Official club mongboard liaison officer
Poll: Should Hughes be sacked?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2018