Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Lemina any good?... 00:00 - Dec 28 with 980 viewsDorsetIan

Serious question, and not entirely motivated by disappointment at tonight’s performance.

Is Lemina any good?... on 00:07 - Dec 28 with 973 viewsthis_charming_man

Yes he is a very good player but we were overrun in midfieild and outwide by pace and power. Plus we had no pace or movement going forward so a player like lemina will look ineffective as hes up against physical players and no outlet when hes does get the all

If our fullbacks were pinned back by west ham i dread to thibk what stirling and sane will do to them our hope is fernandino is still out and lemina, romeu and hojberg can domiante midfield. Hojberg was a big miss for us tonighrt, very underrated player.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2018 0:08]

Official club mongboard liaison officer
Poll: Would you welcome a gambling firm as short sponsor?

Is Lemina any good?... on 00:20 - Dec 28 with 960 viewsDorsetIan

Is Lemina any good?... on 00:07 - Dec 28 by this_charming_man

Yes he is a very good player but we were overrun in midfieild and outwide by pace and power. Plus we had no pace or movement going forward so a player like lemina will look ineffective as hes up against physical players and no outlet when hes does get the all

If our fullbacks were pinned back by west ham i dread to thibk what stirling and sane will do to them our hope is fernandino is still out and lemina, romeu and hojberg can domiante midfield. Hojberg was a big miss for us tonighrt, very underrated player.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2018 0:08]

I’m not just talking about tonight. I see flashes of great skill but very little ‘end product’. A friend of mine would describe him as ‘flattering to deceive’.

But I want to be wrong about him. Why do you say he is a ‘very good’ player? What am I missing?
Is Lemina any good?... on 00:33 - Dec 28 with 944 viewsdarthvader

Is Lemina any good?... on 00:20 - Dec 28 by DorsetIan

I’m not just talking about tonight. I see flashes of great skill but very little ‘end product’. A friend of mine would describe him as ‘flattering to deceive’.

But I want to be wrong about him. Why do you say he is a ‘very good’ player? What am I missing?

Probably meant very good looking player. As certain female saints fans seem to think

keep the faith coyr

Is Lemina any good?... on 00:39 - Dec 28 with 938 viewsDorsetIan

Is Lemina any good?... on 00:33 - Dec 28 by darthvader

Probably meant very good looking player. As certain female saints fans seem to think

No. He used it to refer to any player who delighted with touches of brilliance but rarely delivered anything. He was a QPR fan. Roy Wegerle did it, he said.
Is Lemina any good?... on 08:51 - Dec 28 with 791 viewsBuenosSaint

Is Lemina any good?... on 00:20 - Dec 28 by DorsetIan

I've said this before; when lemina "turns up". He can be awesome: pace, skill tackling, passing,, the whole package.

But We had an absentee yesterday and it hurt us badly. Far too many poor passes and useless runs ending in dispossession from promising attacks. Rice was too strong and bossed the midfield.

We really missed hodjberg and just cannot afford lemina's inconsistency. I like him as much as any saints fan on his good days but he was one of the weakest yesterday.

Poll: If you had to choose between winning FA cup and Premier league this season

Is Lemina any good?... on 08:58 - Dec 28 with 782 viewsericofarabia

A 'shop window' performance against Citeh coming up?

Is Lemina any good?... on 09:35 - Dec 28 with 749 viewssaintwizzler

Lemina does the hard things easily and the easily things hard.
Tries too hard in the wrong area and ultimately gives the ball away.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.

Is Lemina any good?... on 09:39 - Dec 28 with 742 viewsPatfromPoole

Is Lemina any good?... on 09:35 - Dec 28 by saintwizzler

As succinct and accurate a summary as you’ll get.
Login to get fewer ads

Is Lemina any good?... on 10:11 - Dec 28 with 705 viewsSonicBoom

There is just an overall lack of quality. You see it in our passing. Top teams ping the ball around and as a fan you can see who they are going to pass to before they do it. The passes are sharp and to feet or perfectly into the path of a team mate.
Our passing is far more laboured. It's actually a relief when the likes of Vestergaard find a team mate.
Further forward is the same story. I noticed Romeu yesterday. His weight of pass was very poor. Never quite into someone's feet and often too hard when only a short distance away.
Redmond appears to be a favourite now but I still don't see it. He beats a player or two but his next pass is often like his shooting, a bit of a lottery. His passes look too casual and are never quite perfect which spoils any previous good work.
This lack of passing ability undermines our game and promising moves regularly break down.
When you watch a slick team you almost take it for granted. When I watch us, I almost expect us to give it away.
It's one of the reasons Ings got hooked. The ball simply didn't make it that far forward.
Is Lemina any good?... on 10:47 - Dec 28 with 679 viewsRon11

Is Lemina any good?... on 09:35 - Dec 28 by saintwizzler

And didn't look too upset about being taken off.
Maybe his head's already at PSG.

Is Lemina any good?... on 11:01 - Dec 28 with 665 viewsRipleys_revenge

I can’t see PSG coming in for Lemina, simply far too inconsistent. As has been mentioned, on his day he’s a world beater but too many off days. Yesterday he looked horrible, he seemed to be blowing very hard after the first 5 minutes, never a good sign for a midfield lynchpin. He looked to be dragging himself about the pitch - not saying he wasn’t trying ting but truly looked horribly off the pace.

Otherwise our wing backs are really hurting us on both sides. General sluggishness from both wings meant there were very little options and in the middle Lemina having a shocker meant West Ham overran is quite easily. Anderson up against valery was about as one sided a contest as I have seen.

I liked hearing from Ralf after the game, basically said it was too easy for them and didn’t make any excuses. If t was Hughes the only thing he would have spoken about would have been the Bednarek pen, but Ralf acknowledged that while saying that the main thing was that we weren’t good enough. Glad of this reality check in many ways, keeps us grounded and hopefully ensures we keep focused enough on aiming for constant improvement rather than congratulating ourselves prematurely
Is Lemina any good?... on 17:04 - Dec 28 with 551 viewsDorsetIan

Is Lemina any good?... on 09:39 - Dec 28 by PatfromPoole

As succinct and accurate a summary as you’ll get.

I’ll take it. But I suppose the question is why? If he’s got talent, why can’t he apply it more evenly? Maybe it’s a mental thing or maybe the Premier League is just not as forgiving of mercurial talents. Boufal was similar in many ways.

And the other player who might be mentioned is Balotelli...who I note is Lemina’s missus’ ex-...
Is Lemina any good?... on 17:12 - Dec 28 with 540 viewssaint22

Is Lemina any good?... on 17:04 - Dec 28 by DorsetIan

I’ll take it. But I suppose the question is why? If he’s got talent, why can’t he apply it more evenly? Maybe it’s a mental thing or maybe the Premier League is just not as forgiving of mercurial talents. Boufal was similar in many ways.

And the other player who might be mentioned is Balotelli...who I note is Lemina’s missus’ ex-...

I think he loses interest when things don’t go his way, so bad attitude maybe, or maybe his head is elsewhere ? It’s a shame because he clearly is a very good player when he wants to be
Is Lemina any good?... on 04:44 - Dec 29 with 426 viewsBuenosSaint

Is Lemina any good?... on 08:58 - Dec 28 by ericofarabia

A 'shop window' performance against Citeh coming up?

Yeah, that'll do for me. Blinder against them then sell him for good money and get a consistent replacement to partner hoj

Poll: If you had to choose between winning FA cup and Premier league this season

Is Lemina any good?... on 07:34 - Dec 29 with 406 viewsDellHero

Is Lemina any good?... on 04:44 - Dec 29 by BuenosSaint

Yeah, that'll do for me. Blinder against them then sell him for good money and get a consistent replacement to partner hoj

Or, more likely, sell him and give the money to Kat and not really replace him at all.

Poll: What is Ralph thinking this morning?

Is Lemina any good?... on 18:04 - Dec 30 with 289 viewsBuenosSaint

Is Lemina any good?... on 07:34 - Dec 29 by DellHero

Or, more likely, sell him and give the money to Kat and not really replace him at all.

Well, that 45 mins has just cut his value in half. Abysmal.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2019