Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Massive win today 17:25 - Jan 19 with 2613 viewsAndrewW_London

What a relief to see that game through after EIGHT minutes of stoppage time and a lot of frayed nerves.

I thought before the game that we'd maybe end up getting a point against a potentially good side (although they rather laboured to their win against Bournemouth last weekend). To get a two goal lead was fabulous although it was classic Saints to concede and make it difficult for ourselves at the end. To hang on and take all the points was tremendous.

It helps us to move on from the disappointment of the Derby defeat and face Palace with a degree of confidence. There's a long way to go, of course, and we could yet slip back into danger. But at the moment I'm feeling (cautiously) hopeful!

Twickenham Saint

Massive win today on 17:37 - Jan 19 with 1823 viewsBridders2

Great win. Seeing the team press so much takes pressure off our defence and gives them time to organise....and the fast balls forward are catching teams out and giving us more scoring opportunities. Ralph's getting the best out of the players...when have we ever seen JWP score a goal like that? Brilliant performance.

Massive win today on 17:47 - Jan 19 with 1797 viewsthis_charming_man

Great win and performance. 10 days until the next game now so good chance for ralph to do more work with them on the training ground ahead of 4 really winnable games in our next 5.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: who is the worst owner in the Premier league

Massive win today on 17:52 - Jan 19 with 1768 viewsTheMoog

Massive win today on 17:47 - Jan 19 by this_charming_man

Great win and performance. 10 days until the next game now so good chance for ralph to do more work with them on the training ground ahead of 4 really winnable games in our next 5.

Those 4 games could see Saints pretty much safe give or take a few points. Every reason to be optimistic over the next month.

Standby to standby

Massive win today on 17:58 - Jan 19 with 1741 viewsHappy_Jack

Huge win today. When you've been struggling through the first part of the season getting over the 20 point mark in January is always important. Ralph knows his stuff we'll only get better.

Millbrook Furnishing shop floor level banter
Poll: Who on this forum has the most impressive contact list on their phone?

Massive win today on 18:10 - Jan 19 with 1687 viewsAndrewW_London

Exactly! RH is clearly driving the players forward, motivating them, getting them to work harder and generating a spirit of unity in the side. As for JWP's goal, where on earth did that come from... brilliant!

The break until our next game will be good news for the squad as there'll be time to work on our play and perhaps to address a few weaknesses that we're still prone to. Palace are beatable!

Twickenham Saint

Massive win today on 19:52 - Jan 19 with 1542 viewsUlsterBaz

Super win. Further ilustrates how bad a manager Hughes was.

Massive win today on 20:25 - Jan 19 with 1484 viewsPatfromPoole

Four wins and a draw out of Ralph’s eight League games is a superb record.
Massive win today on 20:29 - Jan 19 with 1469 viewsitoldyouso

Massive win today on 19:52 - Jan 19 by UlsterBaz

If Hughes did any 'managing' Id agree with you, he just seemed to turn up gurn and take the paycheque

Loves saints hates the fascist FLA

Login to get fewer ads

Massive win today on 20:36 - Jan 19 with 1429 viewsWints76

Massive win today on 20:29 - Jan 19 by itoldyouso

If Hughes did any 'managing' Id agree with you, he just seemed to turn up gurn and take the paycheque

Agreed. Just what did Hughes do in training, let alone the motivational/leadership side?
Massive win today on 20:39 - Jan 19 with 1421 viewsLeslie_Hughes

Massive win today on 19:52 - Jan 19 by UlsterBaz

Agree baz. Hughes was a terrible manager. Lets hope Ralph stays for a few seasons.

Poll: Should there be a strict dress code to attend games?

Massive win today on 20:59 - Jan 19 with 1386 viewsthis_charming_man

"To be blunt" after the laughable incompetence of pellegrino and hughes even an average manager would have been a massive improvement but i absolutely love everything about Hassenhuttl. So far he is better than id hoped in every way.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: who is the worst owner in the Premier league

Massive win today on 21:05 - Jan 19 with 1363 viewsrednwhitepower

Hughes had an impact and kept us up against the odds and he was worth the huge pay cheque for that alone, but in the medium to long term he sadly proved to be as bad as Stoke fans said he was.

Satisfying Gentlekenneths attention seeking disorder since 2018

Massive win today on 21:12 - Jan 19 with 1352 viewsA1079

A superb win, such an important win and a very deserved win. Everton were surprisingly poor, though those last few minutes played on my nerves again. Still along way to go and we must not get complacent, but we have a chance to push on a bit if we stay focused.

Massive win today on 22:20 - Jan 19 with 1240 views1885_SFC

Great to see PEH back today too. Thought he had a very good game. We look so much more 'dangerous' when he's on his game.

Love life. Love music.

Massive win today on 22:22 - Jan 19 with 1235 viewsTimSaint

Massive win today on 21:12 - Jan 19 by A1079

A superb win, such an important win and a very deserved win. Everton were surprisingly poor, though those last few minutes played on my nerves again. Still along way to go and we must not get complacent, but we have a chance to push on a bit if we stay focused.

Not sure if it was Everton that were poor, us making them look poor, or both.

Either way, their 2 x £40m+ super stars were awful today - especially Richarlison who was the worst player on the pitch.

I'm hoping this result will inspire us and give us confidence for our next little run of 4 or 5 key games.

TimSaint

Massive win today on 07:44 - Jan 20 with 991 viewssolent_toffee

Massive win today on 22:22 - Jan 19 by TimSaint

Not sure if it was Everton that were poor, us making them look poor, or both.

Either way, their 2 x £40m+ super stars were awful today - especially Richarlison who was the worst player on the pitch.

I'm hoping this result will inspire us and give us confidence for our next little run of 4 or 5 key games.

Saints thoroughly deserved to win. The Everton performance pretty much summed them up since the Anfield Derby.

I thought first half both teams were quite poor and kept giving the ball away, but Saints still had three clear chances and should have been ahead. Everton started the second half brighter and could have scored with that Sigurdsson header, but then Saints stepped it up for twenty minutes or so and Everton didn't respond. I think it was around the 70 minute mark where Everton had the ball for ages, going from side to side and then backwards, I would Ole'd it but they were 2-0 down! There was a lack of urgency and spirit that Saints had in abundance.

As for Richarlison, he's not and has never been a centre forward. I would give DCL a run up top for the rest of the season, not buying another striker, and continue getting rid of the rot, ahead of next Summers transfer window.

Another good day out in Southampton, spoilt by the game at SMS, I'm jibbing it next season!!
[Post edited 20 Jan 2019 8:19]
Massive win today on 08:06 - Jan 20 with 954 viewsitoldyouso

Massive win today on 20:59 - Jan 19 by this_charming_man

"To be blunt" after the laughable incompetence of pellegrino and hughes even an average manager would have been a massive improvement but i absolutely love everything about Hassenhuttl. So far he is better than id hoped in every way.

Given his record we stayed up thanks to the charity of the teams around us at the time, how much damage was he inflicting on the whole squad with his negligence?

Massive win today on 08:08 - Jan 20 with 949 viewsitoldyouso

We may be poor Solent but we are poor and scoring goals........thats the big difference

Massive win today on 08:22 - Jan 20 with 932 viewssolent_toffee

Massive win today on 08:08 - Jan 20 by itoldyouso

We may be poor Solent but we are poor and scoring goals........thats the big difference

I didn't mean to say Saints were poor, I meant first half (edited original post!). Saints played well and created chances even in a fairly poor first half. I though Vestergaard played well even though I thought he was going to be hopeless based on the comments from here. In fact all the TUI whipping boys, Vestergaard, Redmond and JWP played well.
Massive win today on 08:26 - Jan 20 with 924 viewsRon11

Massive win today on 08:22 - Jan 20 by solent_toffee

I didn't mean to say Saints were poor, I meant first half (edited original post!). Saints played well and created chances even in a fairly poor first half. I though Vestergaard played well even though I thought he was going to be hopeless based on the comments from here. In fact all the TUI whipping boys, Vestergaard, Redmond and JWP played well.

Most of them are capable of playing exceptionally well with the right level of fitness and motivational management and game plan.
Elynoussi though I do wonder about...
Massive win today on 08:28 - Jan 20 with 919 viewsHeisenberg

Massive win today on 08:22 - Jan 20 by solent_toffee

Silva under pressure ? Not sure about him.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Massive win today on 08:30 - Jan 20 with 913 viewsgentlekenneth

Massive win today on 08:28 - Jan 20 by Heisenberg

It’s a disgrace that we didn’t bust a gut to get him. What an outstanding manager he is
Massive win today on 08:36 - Jan 20 with 904 viewssolent_toffee

Massive win today on 08:28 - Jan 20 by Heisenberg

I don't think so, I think he has a big job on his hands.We've had four managers in 18 months and the players have been getting away with murder. The club has been unsteady since Moyes left and they have an awful lot of players still on the clubs books that need moving on so that the manager can start putting his imprint in the squad but also on the culture of the club. The players he's brought in so far have been decent.

Everton have been bang average for years, so being patient is needed. Having bellends in the media comparing Silva and Allardyce is lazy and laughable, but just watch it will happen in the next week or so.
Massive win today on 08:46 - Jan 20 with 887 viewsHeisenberg

Massive win today on 08:36 - Jan 20 by solent_toffee

I don't think so, I think he has a big job on his hands.We've had four managers in 18 months and the players have been getting away with murder. The club has been unsteady since Moyes left and they have an awful lot of players still on the clubs books that need moving on so that the manager can start putting his imprint in the squad but also on the culture of the club. The players he's brought in so far have been decent.

Everton have been bang average for years, so being patient is needed. Having bellends in the media comparing Silva and Allardyce is lazy and laughable, but just watch it will happen in the next week or so.

Sounds familiar having players on the books that need to move on. Pickford looks a bit dodgy recently so we have a keeper you are welcome to. Guess Silva does need time but owners often want instant success or have unrealistic expectations.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Massive win today on 08:55 - Jan 20 with 875 viewssolent_toffee

Massive win today on 08:46 - Jan 20 by Heisenberg

Sounds familiar having players on the books that need to move on. Pickford looks a bit dodgy recently so we have a keeper you are welcome to. Guess Silva does need time but owners often want instant success or have unrealistic expectations.

My biggest concern about Moshiri is that he listens to the fans, not the reasonable fan who has patience and knows that managers need a few years (unless they are imploding massively) but the idiots on twitter and talk sport whose wobble every time they lose.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2020