Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
January transfer window 14:39 - Feb 10 with 946 viewsHeisenberg

Saints managed to weaken the squad during the January window. Wage bill reduced so from Gao's point of view a job well done. The owners intentions are pretty clear, despite Kruegars waffle.

The question is did the manager sanction weakening the team ? If he did then Ralph has to be held accountable if we go down. If he didn't then he has been sold a lie and players were loaned out or sold without his authority.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

January transfer window on 15:12 - Feb 10 with 922 viewsRon11

Wasn't he quoted as saying the squad was too big?

January transfer window on 15:21 - Feb 10 with 907 viewsthis_charming_man

Gao will view the transfer window as a triumph. He employed a manager good enough to keep us up, no transfer fee and even if he waspur best paid manager even wont earn what forster does. Weve managed to trim the wage bill and make a profit from transfers. If we finish 17th the masterplan has worked. Then we can flog a few players in the summer, jot spend as much as weve brought in and go again.

We are the only current premier league club to make a profit from transfers jn the last 5 years. Incredible that people still justify it as us having to pay bonuses and agents fees.

Official club mongboard liaison officer
Poll: Would you welcome a gambling firm as short sponsor?

January transfer window on 20:20 - Feb 10 with 806 viewsSonicBoom

Fulham spent 100m. Is that enough?

January transfer window on 21:05 - Feb 10 with 762 viewsOccasional_Showers

We are basically broke as a club under the current ownership. It’s a slow death until we are relegated. I think Liebherr is actually just hanging around waiting for that day when she buys us back for a fraction of the money she received from Gao. Club back in her possession, tax bill settled, job done.

January transfer window on 21:53 - Feb 10 with 712 viewsKriSaint

We shipped out Gabbiadini, Cedric, Hoedt, Davis, Seager (there is one more I think, but I forgot who), but it was not to save money. Our new manager felt the squad was too big and that these players´ positions were decently covered. End of. Nothing to do with money.
The decision to get rid of these players seems to be sober. We got 15 points in 11 games since RH came in, including yesterday´s ridiculous loss to Cardiff.
The decision not to buy any players is up for discussion. January business is affected by the crazy prizes clubs want for their players in this window. Maybe it was the best decision not to buy any players - a decision that can only, at the end of the day, increase confidence in the group of players we already had.
That said, I feel that we could have done with one or two loans - striker(s).
January transfer window (n/t) on 22:01 - Feb 10 with 694 viewsDellHero

January transfer window on 21:53 - Feb 10 by KriSaint

We shipped out Gabbiadini, Cedric, Hoedt, Davis, Seager (there is one more I think, but I forgot who), but it was not to save money. Our new manager felt the squad was too big and that these players´ positions were decently covered. End of. Nothing to do with money.
The decision to get rid of these players seems to be sober. We got 15 points in 11 games since RH came in, including yesterday´s ridiculous loss to Cardiff.
The decision not to buy any players is up for discussion. January business is affected by the crazy prizes clubs want for their players in this window. Maybe it was the best decision not to buy any players - a decision that can only, at the end of the day, increase confidence in the group of players we already had.

[Post edited 30 Mar 7:26]

Poll: How much will we spend (net+ve) in the summer window

January transfer window on 23:01 - Feb 10 with 648 viewsKennington

You had me until the increasing confidence in the players we have part by not buying anyone. How is that the case? A professional athlete whether it is football, running, rugby thrives on competition. If Ronaldo needed an emergency move and we’d picked him up for a jar of hair wax, then it would’ve inspired the current squad to train harder and keep their places. When a footballer isn’t looking over their shoulder at who might take their place then they’re either Messi or lazy.
[Post edited 11 Feb 6:52]

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

January transfer window on 23:23 - Feb 10 with 629 viewsDorsetIan

I am pretty sure that Ralph was relaxed that we did not recruit in Jan. He seems to be confident in his and the remaining squad‘s ability to survive, and our form up to the end of Jan justified that.

We also spent £20m on a striker last Jan, and fat lot of good it did us. I think Ralph thought better to have a look at Carillo and Boufal in the summer and spend whatever he has available then.

Agreed, It will look like an idiotic decision if we go down but we still have every chance of staying up.

I think Ralph had an off day yesterday but I am still delighted that he is in charge.

And I will judge Gao when the summer window closes.
Login to get fewer ads

January transfer window on 23:54 - Feb 10 with 606 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

The one that you forgot was Jake Hesketh who is on loan with Milton Keynes for rest of season - and scored an impressive goal yesterday, shooting from outside the box as the ball nestled in the top l/h corner. Your correct about Ralph's views - and the way that I would understand the situation is, that we all are aware that is difficult to get good and reliable players in the JAN transfer window ( although I would have thought that ONE new player - to freshen the side, would have been sensible - we are desperate for a striker ) - so I believe that Ralph has calculated that he has enough talent to stay in the premiership for this season - and come next summer - will be picking & buying his type of players - in other words Saint's next year will be " HIS TEAM ".

Poll: As a Saint's supporter I Feel Southampton F.C. Public Relations Department is -

January transfer window on 06:38 - Feb 11 with 533 viewsoldeastterrace

I am guessing Hasenhuttle thought the squad was bloated with mediocrity, so he wanted to ship some out on the understanding that he'd be allowed to bring a couple in to improve things. The club failed him. Sheer lunacy not allowing him to strengthen. We will pay the price for it i fear.
January transfer window on 07:12 - Feb 11 with 516 viewsgentlekenneth

January transfer window on 23:54 - Feb 10 by A_Saint_in_Stoke

The one that you forgot was Jake Hesketh who is on loan with Milton Keynes for rest of season - and scored an impressive goal yesterday, shooting from outside the box as the ball nestled in the top l/h corner. Your correct about Ralph's views - and the way that I would understand the situation is, that we all are aware that is difficult to get good and reliable players in the JAN transfer window ( although I would have thought that ONE new player - to freshen the side, would have been sensible - we are desperate for a striker ) - so I believe that Ralph has calculated that he has enough talent to stay in the premiership for this season - and come next summer - will be picking & buying his type of players - in other words Saint's next year will be " HIS TEAM ".

Why can’t you be this reasonable when talking about the EU?

January transfer window on 07:30 - Feb 11 with 497 viewsButty101

Looks like the new manager bounce is over, we are this seasons Swansea

Poll: First League Win of the Season

January transfer window on 07:52 - Feb 11 with 484 viewssaint22

January transfer window on 06:38 - Feb 11 by oldeastterrace

I am guessing Hasenhuttle thought the squad was bloated with mediocrity, so he wanted to ship some out on the understanding that he'd be allowed to bring a couple in to improve things. The club failed him. Sheer lunacy not allowing him to strengthen. We will pay the price for it i fear.

Its been the same year after year and last year we scraped by
This year we now have a manager who does have something about him the question is does he have the tools
January transfer window on 08:11 - Feb 11 with 462 viewsfreq1

January transfer window on 07:30 - Feb 11 by Butty101

Looks like the new manager bounce is over, we are this seasons Swansea

Last night Shearer said it's between Cardiff and Saints for third spot.
Hold on to your hats.

Poll: Sundays match v spurs.. Would you rather.....

January transfer window on 08:17 - Feb 11 with 448 viewsLeslie_Hughes

January transfer window on 08:11 - Feb 11 by freq1

Hold on to your hats.

He should hold on to his the bald c unt

Poll: Should there be a strict dress code to attend games?

January transfer window on 09:11 - Feb 11 with 413 viewsSonicBoom

Well we are right in it and anyone who doesn't see that is delusional.
We have several injury prone strikers and one who seems to be allergic to scoring goals. We have a defence full of what appears to be dis-orientated giraffes, and we've just lost at home, again, to possibly the worst team in the league by letting in yet another last minute goal.
January transfer window on 10:05 - Feb 11 with 387 viewssaintwizzler

January transfer window on 08:11 - Feb 11 by freq1

Hold on to your hats.

Can we have a Mars bar on top of our hats?
Asking for a Kunt with a hat.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.

January transfer window on 15:02 - Feb 11 with 298 views1885_SFC

January transfer window on 23:54 - Feb 10 by A_Saint_in_Stoke

Indeed. Cracking goal...

Love life. Love music.

January transfer window on 15:09 - Feb 11 with 292 viewssaint22

January transfer window on 09:11 - Feb 11 by SonicBoom

Well we are right in it and anyone who doesn't see that is delusional.
We have several injury prone strikers and one who seems to be allergic to scoring goals. We have a defence full of what appears to be dis-orientated giraffes, and we've just lost at home, again, to possibly the worst team in the league by letting in yet another last minute goal.

That is pretty much right
Lets hope a week in Tenerife sorts it all out
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2019