Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pavel 00:00 - Feb 20 with 5834 viewsdachiltern

Discuss ....
Pavel on 00:10 - Feb 20 with 4384 viewswombat

What’s to discuss , mclaren once again takes him off for no reason when he was having a decent second half for no actual advantage to the team of formation , same most weeks 65 mins board gos up off to come pav . You can’t say MacLaine is supprisng with his subs same ones every week come rain or come shine

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Pavel on 01:09 - Feb 20 with 4297 viewsJigsore

Pavel on 00:10 - Feb 20 by wombat

What’s to discuss , mclaren once again takes him off for no reason when he was having a decent second half for no actual advantage to the team of formation , same most weeks 65 mins board gos up off to come pav . You can’t say MacLaine is supprisng with his subs same ones every week come rain or come shine

you could say he's a die hard with his substitutions

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Pavel on 02:48 - Feb 20 with 4247 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Missed today so can't comment.

Overall though, as good as he is, he's taking time from BOS, Smyth, and Shodipo.
Pavel on 04:37 - Feb 20 with 4206 viewsnix

I thought Pav was fantastic last night. He kept doing his runs even when we were rubbish at the beginning of the first half and looked to me like he was instrumental for us starting to play better by lifting morale with some of his crosses and movement. Apart from him and bizarrely Toni Leistner, we looked very flat going forward in the early stages. It was one of the reasons we kept losing possession early on because hardly anyone was showing for the ball. But Toni started carrying the ball up to the halfway line and Pav did some good runs that helped to galvanise the team. He was also tracking back and helping out Furlong. When he came off the crowd were singing his name, so it's not just me.

Personally I'd sometimes take off Freeman in this scenario because he has been playing so many games and occasionally tires towards the end (and I thought that before he got injured).
Pavel on 07:07 - Feb 20 with 4066 viewsWestbourneR

Proper player. A unit who gets up and down all game and can really defend as well as attack.

Crucially he also very rarely gives the ball away.

Excellent last night.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Pavel on 07:12 - Feb 20 with 4054 viewsqprd

Too scared on the ball when playing as a right wing back

Considerably better when we switched to a back 4 and he played as a winger

Good counterattacking player who was creating a lot in the initial part of the second half. We are a counterattacking team which is why it’s stupid we’ve switched to a back 5 matt Smith oriented system

Poor decision to take him off
Pavel on 07:51 - Feb 20 with 3947 viewsHunterhoop

One of our best players.

Our most effective attacking outlet after Freeman, and only just.

Positioning is superb; he brings us width when we have possession which gives an outlet for the midfield.

Never stops running and always gets back to do his job defensively. Would have been very useful when we’d gone down to 10.

End product is a bit mixed, but a lot of our goals and attacks come down his use. A genuine threat.

No surprise you had the crowd booing his substitution and Q, P, and R blocks chanting “Pavel, Pavel” just after.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2019 7:59]
Pavel on 07:55 - Feb 20 with 3934 viewsTheChef

I'd have kept him on and made the Hemed switch with Smith, leaving us with one sub remaining just in case one of our players got injured.

But y'know, if my auntie had testicles, etc...

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Login to get fewer ads

Pavel on 08:10 - Feb 20 with 3889 viewsRblockPrior

Without a doubt one of our best players, drives forward and is good at the defensive side of his game. Recently he along with Leistner and Freeman are the only ones I can really applaud for putting in great performances

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Pavel on 08:13 - Feb 20 with 3882 viewsplasmahoop

Great player, but I don't think as a wing back. Several times in the first half he was upfield and they just played it into and broke into the acres of space. That's not really his fault, as surely someone else should cover, but i prefer the 4 2 3 1, and it suits bidwell better too
Pavel on 09:12 - Feb 20 with 3721 viewsBuckR

Works hard and is a good defensive option as a winger but for me he is a little over rated. The amount of times he checked back and passed back to Furlong last night rather than taking his man on has been a bit of a pattern of his time here
Pavel on 10:03 - Feb 20 with 3637 viewsTheChef

Pavel on 09:12 - Feb 20 by BuckR

Works hard and is a good defensive option as a winger but for me he is a little over rated. The amount of times he checked back and passed back to Furlong last night rather than taking his man on has been a bit of a pattern of his time here

Agreed, I think his one main fault as a winger is he doesn't get to the byline often enough - when you compare to WBA's wide players who were consistently trying to do that and more often than not succeeding and getting dangerous balls across goal.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Pavel on 10:07 - Feb 20 with 3626 viewsdaveB

I thought he was awful in the first half, so slow to move up the pitch he looked exhausted but second half he was miles better and poor decision to take him off
Pavel on 10:10 - Feb 20 with 3618 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I seem to have been the only one in the ground who didn't have a problem with this sub. He was looking a bit tired and the fresh legs of BOS were welcome I felt.
Pavel on 10:30 - Feb 20 with 3584 viewsParkRoyalR

Pavel on 10:03 - Feb 20 by TheChef

Agreed, I think his one main fault as a winger is he doesn't get to the byline often enough - when you compare to WBA's wide players who were consistently trying to do that and more often than not succeeding and getting dangerous balls across goal.

Agree, I was delighted when he beat the Birmingham fulback in a recent game, thought we were getting back the Wzolek before he signed his contract, told my Bluenose supporting pal it was first time I'd seen him go at his man this season, then he pointed out it was their right back playing as a make-shift left back.
Pavel on 10:30 - Feb 20 with 3583 viewsRangersDave

Pavel on 01:09 - Feb 20 by Jigsore

you could say he's a die hard with his substitutions

"How can the same sh1t happen to the same team twice"?

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Pavel on 10:44 - Feb 20 with 3554 viewssmegma

Pavel on 07:55 - Feb 20 by TheChef

I'd have kept him on and made the Hemed switch with Smith, leaving us with one sub remaining just in case one of our players got injured.

But y'know, if my auntie had testicles, etc...

Totally agree about Hemed. If you were replacing Smith, surely you would replace like for like. Hemed gets in defenders faces , holds up play etc. Whereas Eze plays deeper , sometimes behind the midfield. Their defence aren't going to be under by pressure when the the balls in our half of the pitch. It appears that BOS has to replace Pav, even when playing well, and Hemed replaces Wells according to SMc. I think its time that changed.
Pavel on 10:59 - Feb 20 with 3518 viewsactonman

Ok I agree with all of the above but just going to put it out there , has a touch of the hoilets about him , does all the hard work but the final ball could be better
Pavel on 12:26 - Feb 20 with 3422 viewsYorkRanger

Intelligent player, great work ethic and we should try to hold onto, also very good defensively and disciplined. Sometimes his end product could be better and it would be nice to see him take on the full back more often, but he plays for QPR and we wouldn't be able to buy anybody better.
Pavel on 12:32 - Feb 20 with 3399 viewsCamberleyR

Pavel on 12:26 - Feb 20 by YorkRanger

Intelligent player, great work ethic and we should try to hold onto, also very good defensively and disciplined. Sometimes his end product could be better and it would be nice to see him take on the full back more often, but he plays for QPR and we wouldn't be able to buy anybody better.

I like him and would like to re-sign him but I think our finances will dictate that we can't keep him, Smyth and Osayi-Samuel all on the payroll next season.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Pavel on 14:29 - Feb 20 with 3301 viewsqprd

Pavel on 10:44 - Feb 20 by smegma

Totally agree about Hemed. If you were replacing Smith, surely you would replace like for like. Hemed gets in defenders faces , holds up play etc. Whereas Eze plays deeper , sometimes behind the midfield. Their defence aren't going to be under by pressure when the the balls in our half of the pitch. It appears that BOS has to replace Pav, even when playing well, and Hemed replaces Wells according to SMc. I think its time that changed.

Hemeds hold up play is absolutely atrocious, mate

Forget actually holding up the ball with back to goal like Wells or even merely flicking on headers like Smith.

Hemed was literally heading air on almost every long ball directed his way, particularly toward the end. his back to the goal hold up was absolute trash. he had two nice moments where he played the trick flick over the defender in the final third (including leading up to the penalty). other than that, his hold up play was atrocious
Pavel on 23:43 - Feb 26 with 2944 viewsdachiltern

For majority of 1st half v WBA was absolutely pony, forevershaking his head and shrugging his shoulders. Greatly improved thereafter.
Didn’t see Bro at weekend so can’t say.
Tonight,was on his game from the off and at times was a joy to watch. Well done sir and more like it please.
Pavel on 23:50 - Feb 26 with 2887 viewsessextaxiboy

Pavel on 02:48 - Feb 20 by BazzaInTheLoft

Missed today so can't comment.

Overall though, as good as he is, he's taking time from BOS, Smyth, and Shodipo.

None of those protect their fullback and track back like Pav...
Pavel on 00:05 - Feb 27 with 2838 viewsRblockPrior

For me he should start every week, works hard at both ends of the pitch. Tonight he was top class

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Pavel on 00:10 - Feb 27 with 2815 viewsHunterhoop

Pavel on 23:50 - Feb 26 by essextaxiboy

None of those protect their fullback and track back like Pav...

Case in point for that Leeds’ move where Lumley makes the treble save. It’s their right back, whom BOS is meant to be tracking who’s involved in both one twos and gets the first shot away. BOS doesn’t track him after the first pass he plays to kick off the move.

Pav, as a professional footballer, is in a different league when it comes to his all round game, and that’s taking nothing away from BOS, who will be excellent. But positioning and defence he needs to work on.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024