Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Burnley well and truly in it now 13:58 - Mar 10 with 1013 viewsAndrewW_London

I'm no lover of Liverpool (what Saints fan is?), but they did us a big favour today in beating 'trumped-up, think they're safe,' Burnley. We stay ahead of them and have a better goal difference.

A real shame that Cardiff, Brighton and Newcastle all won yesterday, but at least this was a good result for us.

Our next match away to Brighton is now truly massive. We simply must avoid defeat there.

Twickenham Saint

Burnley well and truly in it now on 14:57 - Mar 10 with 923 views1885_SFC

I honestly think yesterday's result will be pivotal in Saints' season & can't emphasise enough just how important it was to win. With Cardiff, Newcastle & Brighton all winning (none of them even drew ffs), we would have been cut well adrift of both Newcastle & Brighton. Cardiff would probably have been the only side we could have realistically caught/overtaken. At least yesterday's results mean it is now one from 4 or 5 teams instead of just either us or Cardiff.

Love life. Love music.

Burnley well and truly in it now on 15:09 - Mar 10 with 906 viewsAndrewW_London

Burnley well and truly in it now on 14:57 - Mar 10 by 1885_SFC

I honestly think yesterday's result will be pivotal in Saints' season & can't emphasise enough just how important it was to win. With Cardiff, Newcastle & Brighton all winning (none of them even drew ffs), we would have been cut well adrift of both Newcastle & Brighton. Cardiff would probably have been the only side we could have realistically caught/overtaken. At least yesterday's results mean it is now one from 4 or 5 teams instead of just either us or Cardiff.

Agreed. Burnley have their next two games at home and will probably pick up points from those fixtures. I think they'll probably be safe, unfortunately.

Our hope must be that Cardiff draw blanks in their upcoming fixtures: Chelsea and Man City. You never know with Chelsea, though. They were thrashed at Bournemouth, of course, and are currently labouring to break Wolves down.

Twickenham Saint

Burnley well and truly in it now on 15:11 - Mar 10 with 903 viewshedgeend61

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/relegation

Bookmakers don't always get it right bot make us around an 8% chance of going down, which is about right.

Cardiff's next 4, Chelsea H, City A, Liverpool H, aren't the easiest, so April 13 away to Burnley will be key. Slim pickings there could leave them needing to win 3 of the last 4 (Brighton, Fulham, Man Utd away + Palace H) to get near to 37 pts which may not be enough.

I think We'll end up with around 40-42
Burnley well and truly in it now on 15:40 - Mar 10 with 834 viewsAndrewW_London

Burnley well and truly in it now on 15:11 - Mar 10 by hedgeend61

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/relegation

Bookmakers don't always get it right bot make us around an 8% chance of going down, which is about right.

Cardiff's next 4, Chelsea H, City A, Liverpool H, aren't the easiest, so April 13 away to Burnley will be key. Slim pickings there could leave them needing to win 3 of the last 4 (Brighton, Fulham, Man Utd away + Palace H) to get near to 37 pts which may not be enough.

I think We'll end up with around 40-42

I hope you're right. Relegation doesn't bear thinking about. I've still got clear memories of that dreadful Sunday in 2005, when we were safe at half-time but ended up 20th. It was a dark and depressing day.

Twickenham Saint

Burnley well and truly in it now on 15:43 - Mar 10 with 829 viewsthis_charming_man

Burnley will be okay, they’ve got a decent run in and have Cardiff to play at home yet, they’ll win that and make themselves safe in the process.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: who is the worst owner in the Premier league

Burnley well and truly in it now on 15:43 - Mar 10 with 828 viewssaint22

Massive confidence boost to be where we are with 3 weeks off
I would hope both Ings and Lemina will be fighting fit and raring to go come Brighton which as you say is must not lose!
It seems to be we fair much better against teams when we have a go at them, the slow ponderous game does for us every time
I still think it’s going be very close but if we can pick up 7 points from our next 4 games I can’t see Cardiff getting more than 3 really
COYS

Burnley well and truly in it now on 17:16 - Mar 10 with 718 viewsA1079

Though our win yesterday has made sure we were not cut adrift and keeps others in the fray and accepting Burnley lost today, I still think the 3rd bottom place remains between us and Cardiff. Brighton are still candidates, but they do have an all important game in hand (not sure who it is against). I honestly cannot see Newcastle and Burnley being contenders for relegation, but important to keep them in touch.

Whilst on the subject of the Liverpool Vs Burnley game. I watched on BT today as the weather was awful up here in East Yorkshire. Like the lead poster of this article, in almost any other circumstances, I would have wanted Liverpool to lose. I really have a disdain for that club and cannot go along with the Klopp love in. If I take a dispassionate view of what I saw today. Burnley actually played pretty well and the scoreline probably flattered Liverpool. Burnley gave them a real game. They scored the opening goal and all the pundits said it should have been disallowed because of a perceived foul on the keeper. Personally I do not agree. What I did observe and not for the first time, was the endless haranguing by Klopp of the officials. He is constantly in their faces. It bewilders me why he gets away with it. You don't see it to that extent with many of the other managers and if they did, they usually get some punishment. Klopp's berating of officials is incessant and yet none of the pundits pick up on it. Mane and Firmino (as usual - Mane really is a special player) were a handful and unfortunately Lallana played a part in getting Liverpool from being a goal behind to taking a 2-1 lead going into the break.
on 18:12 - Mar 10 with 670 views_

Burnley well and truly in it now on 15:43 - Mar 10 by saint22

Massive confidence boost to be where we are with 3 weeks off
I would hope both Ings and Lemina will be fighting fit and raring to go come Brighton which as you say is must not lose!
It seems to be we fair much better against teams when we have a go at them, the slow ponderous game does for us every time
I still think it’s going be very close but if we can pick up 7 points from our next 4 games I can’t see Cardiff getting more than 3 really
COYS

Poll: Sundays match v spurs.. Would you rather.....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2020