Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday 11:17 - Mar 14 with 8834 viewswaynekerr55

Talk about timing, hey...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 22:41 - Mar 14 with 2585 viewsLoyal

Unbelievable.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 23:53 - Mar 14 with 2553 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 22:41 - Mar 14 by Loyal

Unbelievable.

So amnesty only extends to republican and loyalist paramilitaries. Stinks. These soldiers had no choice where they were deployed.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 07:59 - Mar 15 with 2455 viewsjackrmee

But didn't they kill innocent protesters?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 08:28 - Mar 15 with 2430 viewswaynekerr55

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 23:53 - Mar 14 by Brynmill_Jack

So amnesty only extends to republican and loyalist paramilitaries. Stinks. These soldiers had no choice where they were deployed.

That was my thinking. We have Brexit chaos around the backstop then this comes out.

Or have I become "Icke"

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 08:29 - Mar 15 with 2428 viewsbluey_the_blue

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 07:59 - Mar 15 by jackrmee

Whereas republican and loyalist paramilitaries were so discerning, eh?
Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 08:33 - Mar 15 with 2422 viewsLohengrin

There are still a few old boys who flew active missions have a pint down the RAFA Club, they must be wondering if they can expect a knock on the door from traitors in suits a lifetime after Hamburg.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 08:42 - Mar 15 with 2409 viewsCountyJim

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 23:53 - Mar 14 by Brynmill_Jack

I personally don't agree with it we should all move on and forgive

The argument is that they where professional soldiers and not trained to kill civilians
Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 09:06 - Mar 15 with 2391 viewsjackrmee

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 08:29 - Mar 15 by bluey_the_blue

Whereas republican and loyalist paramilitaries were so discerning, eh?

They didn't get away with it though did they?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Login to get fewer ads

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 10:15 - Mar 15 with 2339 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 09:06 - Mar 15 by jackrmee

As part of the peace process people like Martin McGuiness were 'forgiven' as part of the peace and reconciliation effort.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 10:42 - Mar 15 with 2323 viewscontroversial_jack

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 07:59 - Mar 15 by jackrmee

Yes, but that little detail seems to be overlooked, however it seems that one soldier is being put under the bus to save the necks of the others, officers included.
Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 11:04 - Mar 15 with 2310 viewsraynor94

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 09:06 - Mar 15 by jackrmee

Under the Good Friday agreement they did

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 12:32 - Mar 15 with 2268 viewslondonlisa2001

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 08:28 - Mar 15 by waynekerr55

That was my thinking. We have Brexit chaos around the backstop then this comes out.

Or have I become "Icke"

Yes.
Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 12:39 - Mar 15 with 2260 viewslondonlisa2001

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 08:33 - Mar 15 by Lohengrin

There are still a few old boys who flew active missions have a pint down the RAFA Club, they must be wondering if they can expect a knock on the door from traitors in suits a lifetime after Hamburg.

Absolutely no equivalence.

I suggest you read that well known bleeding heart liberal Douglas Murray in the Spectator.

He says this, of the accused:

“F was shown to have killed at least four people that day. One of them was Patrick Doherty, shot through a buttock as he was crawling away. One more killing which soldier F had ‘forgotten’ about when first questioned by the RMP.

Then, while Doherty lay crying in agony, a 41-year-old man called Barney McGuigan stepped out from behind a block of flats to try to get help for the dying man. McGuigan was waving a white handkerchief. According to the testimony of numerous witnesses, including an officer from another regiment stationed on the city walls, soldier F – positioned on the other side of the road – got down on one knee and shot McGuigan through the head.”
Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 13:04 - Mar 15 with 2229 viewswaynekerr55

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 12:32 - Mar 15 by londonlisa2001

Yes.

Accept my apologies, m'lady.

I shall stand the Bacofoil down.

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 13:23 - Mar 15 with 2211 viewsLohengrin

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 12:39 - Mar 15 by londonlisa2001

I suggest you read that well known bleeding heart liberal Douglas Murray in the Spectator.

“F was shown to have killed at least four people that day. One of them was Patrick Doherty, shot through a buttock as he was crawling away. One more killing which soldier F had ‘forgotten’ about when first questioned by the RMP.

Then, while Doherty lay crying in agony, a 41-year-old man called Barney McGuigan stepped out from behind a block of flats to try to get help for the dying man. McGuigan was waving a white handkerchief. According to the testimony of numerous witnesses, including an officer from another regiment stationed on the city walls, soldier F – positioned on the other side of the road – got down on one knee and shot McGuigan through the head.”

There was a good documentary on recently charting the life of the comedian Frank Carson, Lisa. Carson was a Northern Irish Catholic who had spent his youth in the Paras, he was deployed to Palestine and in the course of his duties shot dead a rioter (armed.)

The programme records his heart sank on hearing that 1 Para had been deployed to Londonderry as he was under no illusion they were there to inflict casualties just as he had been. 1 Para’s previous deployment was to Aden where they had wreaked havoc amongst the insurgents. It’s what they do, it’s what they are trained to do.

1 Para was absolutely the wrong tool for the job, nobody doubts that, but if you want to point a finger of blame do it at the politicians not the Tommy who just went where he was ordered.

The whole affair is one gigantic mess but hanging all the blame for it on a septuagenarian, making him the scapegoat for the failings of people much further up the chain of command will solve nothing. Far from bringing closure it is going to open up a whole new can of worms. Leave the past where it is.

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:49 - Mar 15 with 2160 viewsJonathans_coat

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 13:23 - Mar 15 by Lohengrin

There was a good documentary on recently charting the life of the comedian Frank Carson, Lisa. Carson was a Northern Irish Catholic who had spent his youth in the Paras, he was deployed to Palestine and in the course of his duties shot dead a rioter (armed.)

The programme records his heart sank on hearing that 1 Para had been deployed to Londonderry as he was under no illusion they were there to inflict casualties just as he had been. 1 Para’s previous deployment was to Aden where they had wreaked havoc amongst the insurgents. It’s what they do, it’s what they are trained to do.

1 Para was absolutely the wrong tool for the job, nobody doubts that, but if you want to point a finger of blame do it at the politicians not the Tommy who just went where he was ordered.

The whole affair is one gigantic mess but hanging all the blame for it on a septuagenarian, making him the scapegoat for the failings of people much further up the chain of command will solve nothing. Far from bringing closure it is going to open up a whole new can of worms. Leave the past where it is.

[Post edited 15 Mar 2019 15:22]
Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 15:57 - Mar 15 with 2085 viewscontroversial_jack

Problems happen when so called elite, aggressive units are sent to sensitive regions.It happened in Afghanistan with 16 air assault Brigade. They caused carnage with their aggressive methods.Another unit following them took a different approach and had far more success in getting the population onside and also suffered less casualties
Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 16:06 - Mar 15 with 2074 viewsjackrmee

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 12:39 - Mar 15 by londonlisa2001

That's mental. From reading that, it doesn't sound like anyone up the ladder could be blamed for that.
Not being funny, if I was ordered to kill unarmed men who were waving white handkerchiefs, I would tell my boss to fuk off and kick him in the nuts.

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 16:32 - Mar 15 with 2058 viewsLohengrin

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 16:06 - Mar 15 by jackrmee

That's mental. From reading that, it doesn't sound like anyone up the ladder could be blamed for that.
Not being funny, if I was ordered to kill unarmed men who were waving white handkerchiefs, I would tell my boss to fuk off and kick him in the nuts.

Nobody ordered anything of the sort for goodness sake!

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 16:55 - Mar 15 with 2030 viewscontroversial_jack

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 16:32 - Mar 15 by Lohengrin

Someone must have given the order
Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 16:58 - Mar 15 with 2023 viewsjackrmee

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 16:32 - Mar 15 by Lohengrin

Well then, he's a murderer and should be fuking strung up for it

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 16:59 - Mar 15 with 2022 viewslondonlisa2001

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 13:23 - Mar 15 by Lohengrin

I disagree with the last bit. It’s important that the soldier is properly tried of course, but if the report given by Murray is true, it’s murder and irrespective of the details surrounding his deployment, the passage of time and his age, he should be properly imprisoned. For the rest of his life. In much the same way as 90 plus year olds are still tried as Nazis, and, indeed, that Lord Ahmed should be tried for sexual offences that occurred at pretty much exactly the same time as Bloody Sunday...

No one is pointing the finger of blame at this man because he went where he was ordered, but if, indeed, it transpires that he shot an unarmed man through the head while the man was waving a white handkerchief, that’s murder. And the finger of blame can only be pointed at the murderer.
Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 17:00 - Mar 15 with 2022 viewstheloneranger

The Paras were definitely the wrong regiment in the wrong place that bloody Sunday in January 1972.

Their ethos of using maximum violence, is what makes them some of the best shock troops in the world, and why they should never have been anywhere near civil unrest.

But ...

Failures from the highest levels of government, failure by the overall Commander that 1 Para were the wrong unit to act as armed police, and failure by their officers on the ground to rein their men in and order them to use "the minimum use of force" that day ... has left one solitary man ... "Hung Out to Dry"

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 17:01 - Mar 15 with 2020 viewsLohengrin

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 16:55 - Mar 15 by controversial_jack

Someone must have given the order

To go in, certainly, but there’s a good reason as to why the old adage ‘no plan survives the first shot,’ and variations thereof have become such a well-worn cliche. It’s essentially true.

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 17:04 - Mar 15 with 2010 viewscontroversial_jack

Ex soldier charged over Bloody Sunday on 17:01 - Mar 15 by Lohengrin

To go in, certainly, but there’s a good reason as to why the old adage ‘no plan survives the first shot,’ and variations thereof have become such a well-worn cliche. It’s essentially true.

What plan, they were there as peacekeepers, it wasn't a mission, they allegedly fired on innocent protestors.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024